S02.E11: Gone as a Girl Can Get 2017.08.18

Allies become enemies when a vengeful wish goes awry.

Share Post

I still prefer Wy and Doc. As pretty as her and Dolls are together, there's just no believable chemistry. Just like the chemistry between Waverly and Nicole is very believable. 

Share Post

This episode was bonkers in all of the best ways!

Share Post

I feel like we are being had in regards to Waverly's parentage. Bobo made comments about the fact that Waverly was too young to be the heir not that she couldn't be. He also said that she wasn't exactly of pure lineage whatever that means possibly something done in regards to revenant parentage.

Share Post

Yeah, he made it sound like she was still an Earp... but he's said before that she's not, so I have no idea. 

I kind of wanted this to be a little more bonkers than it was, but I liked it. I was surprised that literally all of the good guys "died"! I liked that Jeremy got to be a part of the final three; for a brand new character, he's fitting into the gang really well (same with Rosita, really). It was fun to see just how into Waverly Nicole ended up being after having the chance to actually become her friend... and I guess she'll remember that Waverly finally said "I love you" to her, huh? I also enjoyed, "Listen, I can't really talk; I'm in a barn wired to explode. Also, I think I'm gay; call you later?"

EW's postmortem for this episode.

TV Junkies interview with Emily Andras.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I also enjoyed, "Listen, I can't really talk; I'm in a barn wired to explode. Also, I think I'm gay; call you later?"

My favorite line of the episode. Even changing reality can't keep Nicole and Waverly apart. I don't really care about Wynonna's love interests, but I love Nicole and Waverly's relationship.

Share Post

I've only gotten to watch a couple of the episodes live, and I wished this hadn't been one of them. First off, Wynonna is my favorite character, so an episode (mostly) without her was boring for me. Especially since she has most of the funny lines. That said, they gave Nicole a lot of funny lines, and that helped with my liking the episode. I like Dolls, though coming into this episode I did wonder how we would even notice any change in him. There was a bit of change, but unfortunately not in his mumbling, lol.

Unpopular opinion, I dislike Doc and really dislike Waverly. So I was glad that the writers broke up who was still alive in each act. Also I thought it was a nice twist that the lgbt squad made it to the end. Random thought, as much as I dislike the fire squad guys, where were they when Doc's gang was taking over Purgatory? This episode had a lot going on, so I get not including them, but it seems weird since they've spent a chunk of the season showing how 'dark' they are when it comes to killing demons and people when it's about Purgatory.

I really enjoyed seeing Perry again, and how the Iron Witch still wasn't happy- like if she had been part of the demon hunters, she would know that making a wish on that trophy would have never worked. Props to the person who came up with the idea to have Perry be the fiance and not Champ, I don't think anyone wanted to see Champ, much less see Waverly trying to have married him so many times.

I don't like Bobo. The only time I found his scenes even remotely tolerable was some of the ones with Willa- and none of the ones with Waverly. I'm not looking forward to him being back. I hope he dies in the finale. Since I had to just watch Helena give birth on Orphan Black, I'm not looking forward to the same on WE, though OB chose that storyline for themselves, so maybe there won't be all the usual shenanigans when it comes to Wynonna giving birth.

I hope there's a way to save Mercedes, I really love her character, especially as a friend for Wynonna. The actress is pretty good, her scenes in this episode should have been super cheesy, but they weren't for the most part. Here's hoping that Jeremy and Rosita make it- I've really come to enjoy their scenes. That reminds me of something I thought during the episode, since Rosita is a demon, and Wynonna has to kill her, I thought it was cool that last night she got to "go out" making her own decisions.

Share Post

Well, it wasn't quite as crazy as I hoped it would be, but it certainly had its moments, and it was still a cool What If style episode. I did miss Wynonna, but I liked seeing everyone in next contexts, and how much of an effect Wynonna has on the people around her.

Wow, they had Doc and Dolls actually kill each other! It was weirdly sweet how, when he was dying, Dolls was saying how he felt like he had killed his friend, and not an enemy. I'm just a sucker for their "we totally cant stand each other even though we are basically best friends" dynamic. Just hug it out guys!

I also continue to enjoy Jeremy's crush on Doc, but hopefully he will find a nice, available guy somewhere soon. Doc is pretty hung up on Wynonna, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Waverly's wedding outfit looked like she was about to engage in some kind of pagan fertility ritual.

Share Post

This was a lot of fun.  Nicole crushing on Waverly in the beginning was so cute.  I missed Wynonna but I liked seeing more of Jeremy and I liked him working with Nicole and Dolls.  We got to see Rosita do more so that was good as well.  Glad Doc got out of the well quickly.  Sorry Jeremy, find another guy, it's not going to happen for you there.

I'm kind of over Bobo and it feels like retreading with him back.  I wish they would just explain Waverly's parentage already.

4 hours ago, william0102 said:

I hope there's a way to save Mercedes, I really love her character, especially as a friend for Wynonna. The actress is pretty good, her scenes in this episode should have been super cheesy, but they weren't for the most part.

I agree on all counts; she's doing a good job, both when she was kind of bitchy friend and now as scenery chewing witch.  I'd like to see Mercedes back somehow.

From the TV Junkies interview linked above, Emily Andras says in response to a question about getting  resolution with the baby (going to spoiler just in case)

Spoiler

"You will get some resolution with the pregnancy and “the baby.” "

I wonder why the quotes around "the baby".  There may be some other kind of glamor at work and Wynonna isn't really pregnant, maybe?  I hope so, the show doesn't need a baby.

Share Post

Meh, this episode did nothing to mitigate my hatred for alternative reality story-lines quite the contrary. The best thing I can say about it is that it's over.

Edited by MissLucas.

Share Post

After this episode I can't help but think of the townspeople as "Purgatorians".

Share Post

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎20 at 3:53 PM, bosawks said:

"Purgatorians".

Maybe Purgatroids? 

Share Post

1 minute ago, SherriAnt said:

Maybe Purgatroids? 

Heavens to Purgatoids?

Share Post

1 minute ago, bosawks said:

Heavens to Purgatoids?

That popped into my head the minute I posted! Ha! Great minds think alike, hey?

Share Post