Season One Talk: Get Shorty

A place to discuss all episodes of Get Shorty. Please note, see the main forum for other topics, including possibly media, characters, and more.

Share Post

I liked it more than I thought I would! Chris O'Dowd and Sean Bridgers make it--but they're far from the only good things in it. The opening scene looks like it's setting up to be some kind of hybrid of Breaking Bad and Fargo, but then the show goes its own way. Didn't feel like I was watching a retread of anything. I hope Allen Coulter is on board to direct more episodes. He's as good as it gets.

Share Post

Just watched episode one. Enjoyed it, interesting to see where it will lead.

Share Post

Have now watched Episode 2. Still on board. Ray Romano is so good--I'm feeling terrible anxiety for his character! (Like it's happening to me.)

Share Post

The show seem to be amalgam of Breaking Bad, Fargo and Episodes. Entertaining show nonetheless.

Share Post

I've now come up against the fact that beyond the first couple episodes, the other ones require getting Epix from your cable or satellite provider. We watched the first 2 via the Epix portal on Apple TV, and hoped to be able to watch all the rest that way, by subscribing to Epix on Apple TV. But such is not possible, unless you also can get the channel from your cable or satellite provider. Since DirecTV doesn't carry Epix, we're out of luck.

I'd buy the episodes from the iTunes store on a per episode or per season basis if that were possible, but it's not. Drat. Hopefully they will become available that way at some point in the future.

Edited by Milburn Stone.

Share Post

I really liking this show.. it can be so funny but also serious the latest episode was good with amara coming to LA and sitting in on the casting of the actress. It made me laugh how she tried to shut down casting her but couldnt because of the studio. My favourite part of the episode was definitely when katie called the golf pro and him getting mad saying he just got his golf game back and snapping at the car honking and just... u know what fuck it.. click.

Ray romano is killing it i keep rooting for him but at the same time i get pissed hes unintentionally messing things up for miles always!

Share Post

Still frustrated that I have no way to watch this (after the first two episodes). If it ever gets onto Hulu, Netflix, or the iTunes Store, I hope someone will post the news.

Edited by Milburn Stone.

Share Post

I've really enjoyed this show. I hope it is renewed for another season. 

Share Post

8 minutes ago, khyber said:

I've really enjoyed this show. I hope it is renewed for another season. 

Sounds like the show is done for the season, which gives me hope Season 1 will show up on iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, or someplace else I can watch it. I've noticed that some shows do show up in those places only once a given season has completed.

Share Post

The finale left me...wait?  Is it over?    Season Two can't come quickly enough...too many things left unsettled.

Share Post

It was quite good.  What is settled is that Miles turned from defensive to offensive in that last episode (Don't scare Shorty).  I guess that we will see the L.A. gang coming in next season,  I can't wait!

Share Post

I watched  this in one go yesterday.   Really good.  Glad to hear it has been renewed.   

Edited by ichbin. Reason: Hit enter too soon.

Share Post

On 10/9/2017 at 9:51 AM, Milburn Stone said:

Sounds like the show is done for the season, which gives me hope Season 1 will show up on iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, or someplace else I can watch it. I've noticed that some shows do show up in those places only once a given season has completed.

Following up on my own comment, I see that as of about a week ago, the show has finally showed up at the iTune Store, so I can view it on my Apple TV. Huzzah!

Share Post

I've now watched through Episode 4. One thing different-feeling about this show is that it plays out terrible things happening to people who don't deserve it. Usually, if awful things happen to "innocent bystanders" in shows like this, it's because they're not really innocent; they're a-holes or something like that. But here, I really like the golf pro. In Episode 1 we're set up not to like him, because we assume the character will be plugged into the model we expect (rival to our hero for the estranged wife's affection, which always means some kind of a-hole). But the more we've come to know him, the more we realize he's really a decent guy. He deserves as much happiness as anyone. So watching him decline into anxiety-attack hell as a result of his beating by Iago is really sad. (As is our finding out that Katy still loves Miles.) The poor guy! 

Edited by Milburn Stone.

Share Post