S01.E03: Story Three 2017.08.10

Phyllis and her husband's weekend retreat with his boss and the boss' much younger wife becomes unbearable for Phyllis, until she finds an unlikely escape by helping stranger Marcia run away from a plural marriage.

Share Post

I don't know about this show. I like the actors involved, but nothing is really grabbing me so far. I think I'll give it one more week, then I'm out.

Share Post

Yeah, I'm not feeling it either. This episode just kind of ended. I'll also give it one more week.

Share Post

I warmed up to this episode more than the previous ones. It seemed to have the kind of goofy humor I remember from My Name Is Earl, well-intentioned people screwing up because they're basically screw-ups. I agree, this one just ended abruptly.

And not to be overly analytical, but I was vaguely offended by Plan B being called a mini-abortion. Twice. As I understand it, it prevents ovulation or prevents implantation. Neither of which is an abortion.

Was the boss the guy who played the detective in Dexter?

Share Post

I feel like this show should be better than it is. I WANT it to be better than it is. I'll give it a couple more episodes. Right now I spend more time saying, "That's _______ from _____!" than actually enjoying the show. 

Share Post

On 8/12/2017 at 5:08 PM, ChicagoCita said:

And not to be overly analytical, but I was vaguely offended by Plan B being called a mini-abortion. Twice. As I understand it, it prevents ovulation or prevents implantation. Neither of which is an abortion.

Err... regardless of any individual notions or ideas about Plan B, it was intentionally called a mini-abortion to piss off someone who was staunchly against the idea of Plan B... Of all the possible things to get vaguely offended about with this show through episode 3, that one doesn't even crack the top 50.

Share Post