S01.E01: Story One / S01.E02: Story Two 2017.08.03

Story One: Months after having a kid, Tim, a middle-school science teacher, books the cabin to spice up his sex life with his wife Sandy, but when things take an unexpected turn, Tim finds himself way over his head in a criminal conspiracy.

Story Two: Devout mother Jill is annoyed that her son Ethan has brought his atheist fiancée Lynn to the cabin for a family getaway.

Share Post

I only watched for Danny Pudi. I thought it was just okay. Both episodes had their moments, but I felt the first was better. I hope that each episode doesn't end with the main character getting away with whatever they are doing. I think that would get old really fast. I'll give it another episode or two to see if gets any better.

Share Post

I did like the continuity happening among the townspeople, with the stripper's stepson being retrieved in Story Two, the rope owl of Froggy Cottage still being wrecked, and so on.

And as a Greg Garcia fan for a while now it was great to see Eddie Steeples and Garrett Dillahunt in recurring roles.

Share Post

6 hours ago, arc said:

I did like the continuity happening among the townspeople,

I agree, this will be the cement of the show.

Share Post

For some reason I don't hold half hour shows to the same standard as longer ones. I thought both episodes were mildly amusing and that's sufficient. I was mostly impressed with all the recognizable faces. Somebody calling in favors from actor friends?

I'm nervous for the motel owner next week -- don't get a lap dance, dude!!

Oh, and nobody use the hot tub. You know they didn't disinfect that thing.

Share Post

I hadn't heard about this show until I heard a positive review on the radio earlier this week. Another Greg Garcia show?!? Yippee!

However, I was somewhat disappointed. I was glad to see Danny Pudi, as well as Garrett Dillahunt of course, but aside from a few bits here and there, I didn't really enjoy this. Plus some of the language bothered me. I was expecting and hoping for something more along the lines of My Name Is Earl.

I actually liked the second ep better. I particularly liked Stockard Channing's husband. I thought he was pretty funny.

I agree with others that the continuity from ep to ep will make this better.

And hey... Chubby's!

Share Post

19 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I actually liked the second ep better. I particularly liked Stockard Channing's husband. I thought he was pretty funny.

I agree with others that the continuity from ep to ep will make this better.

"That's a crap deal, son," when the son tells them the deal he make with his fianceé made me laugh out loud.

I like Stockard Channing, but she's had some unfortunate plastic surgery.

Share Post

I'm not a prude, but I was shocked at some of the language. Most of it seemed unnecessary -- the "whee!" factor of getting away with something on basic cable.

I loved My Name Is Earl and enjoyed seeing familiar faces, with more apparently coming in future episodes. I wasn't bowled over by these two episodes, but I've set up a series recording. Greg Garcia writing all ten episodes makes me want to watch.

Share Post

Yes, I was also shocked by some of the language, mainly because I don't associate that with a Greg Garcia production. It seemed forced and, like you said, done just because they could.

I miss My Name Is Earl. That was such a fantastic series, particularly in the early seasons.

Share Post

On 8/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I like Stockard Channing, but she's had some unfortunate plastic surgery.

Honestly!  But it's no worse than what some other "women of a certain age" have had done. Do you think that in Hollywood they've just forgotten what a normal older woman looks like? Do you think that weird lip thing they've got going on looks normal to them?

Share Post

On 8/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, SmithW6079 said:

"That's a crap deal, son," when the son tells them the deal he make with his fianceé made me laugh out loud.

Heh. And then the father says if the fiancee loses the leg the son can renegotiate. I had to run it back to make sure I'd hear it right. 

Share Post

I thought it was funny enough for me to waste a half hour, but I have to say my favorite parts of both episodes were the musicians, HoneyHoney, I hope they're in every episode.

Share Post