The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jedidiah, Jeremiah and Jason

9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I'm glad to see Jackson taking the doggie to obedience classes! It's nice to see one of them take on an interest that has nothing to do with jeeeeeesus. 

That's the first time I've ever seen a Duggar pay attention to an animal.

Share Post

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing you're right. Maybe the family pulled away and only Laura remains connected with the cult? With the Duggar children flying the coop every few months, maybe they should advertise themselves as an Adult Fundy Foster Family.

https://iblp.org/seminars-conferences/commit-conferences

COMMIT Conferences are "Mother/Daughter Conference for young ladies aged 12–17 and their moms".

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if IBLP "got" Laura because her family was already friends with the Duggars (though that in itself requires a certain sameness of worldview, I suppose), or similar young teen girl, and the girl invited her.  I bet people inviting other people to church youth group functions is even more prevalent in the South.

Share Post

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I recall Jackson taking Willow to obedience classes?

Looked for it, training, not obedience:

57D8D197-9D3D-4F47-B96E-9B54250879A8.jpeg

An InTouch Video has these:

D90AEAA1-F9B9-4479-BE00-35255B5A61C2.jpeg

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4C35920A-B123-4B88-B547-5790907D8BC6.jpeg

And people say InTouch aren’t lazy parasites. 

Edited by kokapetl.

Share Post

4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

And people say InTouch aren’t lazy parasites. 

What I'm most struck by is, Jessa calls her sister Jana "Aunt"?  Jana isn't Jackson's aunt, either.  I don't necessarily think there's anything "wrong" with that, I'm just always struck by the thought processes behind, who adopts the phrasing of someone else's family role (i.e., what Jessa would tell Spurgeon and Henry to call Jana)?  If I'm talking to a first cousin, do I write "Dad" for my father?  Do I call him "Uncle With Same-Name-as-Your-Dad" (true story, my mother and aunt both married men with the same name, which makes it even more confusing), because my father = my cousin's uncle?  Do I refer to my own father as, "your Uncle Same-Name"?  Is this one, simply "Jessa working on manners for Spurgeon and Henry" mode?  Is it "Jessa identifies so little with Jana that she thinks the primary relationship, is the relationship Jana has with Jessa's children?"

Share Post

18 minutes ago, queenanne said:

What I'm most struck by is, Jessa calls her sister Jana "Aunt"?  Jana isn't Jackson's aunt, either.  I don't necessarily think there's anything "wrong" with that, I'm just always struck by the thought processes behind, who adopts the phrasing of someone else's family role (i.e., what Jessa would tell Spurgeon and Henry to call Jana)?  If I'm talking to a first cousin, do I write "Dad" for my father?  Do I call him "Uncle With Same-Name-as-Your-Dad" (true story, my mother and aunt both married men with the same name, which makes it even more confusing), because my father = my cousin's uncle?  Do I refer to my own father as, "your Uncle Same-Name"?  Is this one, simply "Jessa working on manners for Spurgeon and Henry" mode?  Is it "Jessa identifies so little with Jana that she thinks the primary relationship, is the relationship Jana has with Jessa's children?"

There was a picture of Spurgeon with the dog. The question about getting a dog  was asked of Jessa, so I guess that’s why she answered that way.

Here’s the article with the full video:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jana-duggar-dog-167095.amp

Share Post

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

There was a picture of Spurgeon with the dog. The question about getting a dog  was asked of Jessa, so I guess that’s why she answered that way.

Here’s the article with the full video:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jana-duggar-dog-167095.amp

Just going to post about the picture of Spurgeon with the dog. Not unusual considering Jessa was talking about her son. 

Edited by Temperance.

Share Post

OK, this reminds me of Sarah Maxwell who has a dog and a cat (Ellie and Arnold?).

Share Post

Actually, the thing that stands out to me is that it's "Jana's" dog. This is the first thing that has made me believe that Jana might not be living at the TTH. If Jana and Willow were living at the TTH, it would be a family dog -- they might say something like "oh, haha, it's Jana's dog. She follows Jana around all the time" but she wouldn't be Jana's dog. No one is allowed to own anything or have anything of their own at the TTH. Even if people were allowed to have anything of their own, Jana can't have a dog -- what if someone wants to "court" her, and he didn't like dogs? If Jackson is the one taking it to obedience class, and they're still calling it "Jana's dog," I think that's actually a big deal.

Share Post

6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, this reminds me of Sarah Maxwell who has a dog and a cat (Ellie and Arnold).

Those are their names. The dog is Sarah's, but the cat is Teri's (Sarah's mother) or the family's. Also I hope Willow is not being used to make money like Sarah's dog. 

Edited by Temperance.

Share Post

I had the same thought here...if Willow is JANA'S dog, shouldn't it have been Jana who was at the obedience class instead of Jackson? What was HE doing there?

Share Post

Maybe it's "Jana's dog" because Jana's the only one who feeds it, waters it, buys it food, walks it, picks up its poop in a plastic bag, brushes it, bathes it, doesn't torment it or pull its ears or step on its paws or throw bottles at it. Etc. 

17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

"Aunt Jana" also stood out to me as bizarre.

Does Jessa perhaps talk so little to anybody but her kids but so constantly to them that she puts everything in their terms? I mean... with Jingle gone....and with her kind of treating Bin like a child, how much non-Spurge-and-Henry conversing does she actually do? She sees Sierra and Dissembling Taco Woman once or twice a year these days, maybe?

Share Post

I think the dog is probably a token gift/manipulation tactic, and it functions, more or less, as a family dog, but Jana gets to claim it.

My mother and her asshole husband--the one I've mentioned on here before who took a kid's computer in a briefcase to court--bought me a dog for my birthday or Christmas when I was a kid. I don't remember the occasion, but I distinctly remember it was for me. Then the first minute I did something he didn't like it, I was informed by both him and my mother that it really wasn't my dog. But then later, it would be mine, depending on their collective mood. 

I doubt it's that extreme with the Duggars, but I could easily see it as something her parents allow as her dog in name, both as a "reward" for being a dutiful daughter who does the bulk of the work around the house and also, in their minds, as proof of what good, magnanimous parents they are. But it's not really her dog in the traditional sense that someone would consider their dog. 

Edited to add: It probably also works as an incentive to the younger kids still at home. Look at what obedience to Mom and Dad get you! (Theoretically. But don't ask for a dog of your own. Just know one day you might be allowed one. But not anytime soon.)

Edited by Zella.

Share Post

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Devoted SAHDs are now rewarded with animal companions? E

Hahahaha I got excited for a minute because I thought it was stay-at-home dad. I was like, "which one of them is that progressive?!" I still wish Ben could stay home with the boys while Jessa went out to work. 

Share Post

Maybe Willow decided she was Jana's dog. Or Jackson's dog. Dogs are like that. Sometimes a dog will decide his or her favorite person is not the person who owns the dog, especially if they live in the same house. 

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Maybe Willow decided she was Jana's dog. Or Jackson's dog. Dogs are like that. Sometimes a dog will decide his or her favorite person is not the person who owns the dog, especially if they live in the same house. 

Oh that's a really good point! 

Share Post