Do more

I've watched this show since the beginning. Naked and Afraid. And Naked and Afraid XL. One thing I do not understand from a primitive camping sort of guys point of view, why don't they take the time to make some type of foot wear? If they truly have all these skills as advertised, why don't they build more traps, limb lines etc. for catching, obtaining food? Is there a rule? You catch a minnow or a frog that's dinner?When I go out, I work up an appetite. I will find more to eat or keep at till I do. I think these "experts" ought to be required to perform a certain amount of things to show they are qualified. Even a cub scout can make a shelter, and build a fire. I've been doing that since I was twelve. I also think the people that actually do hunt and fish, have a huge advantage. Sorry this kinda turned into a rant, but I'm just saying.

Edited by Double D.

Share Post

I agree, a few people did make foot wear, the people with duct tape  were one group, i think. There was the one woman who cut her hair with the knife and made cordage. 

Share Post

Footwear and hats.  Even for those who don't/can't hunt or fish, sun protection is of paramount importance.

Share Post

well,, there was the young hawaiian girl who weaved covers , but her partner was an idiot and would not listen. i believe she was invited back on but said no thank you. I think she just wanted to try it once and then move on to do other things. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, holly4755 said:

well,, there was the young hawaiian girl who weaved covers , but her partner was an idiot and would not listen. i believe she was invited back on but said no thank you. I think she just wanted to try it once and then move on to do other things. 

She did a great job on that lousy island.

Share Post

I love the show. It would be nice to see a season where true outdoorsmen (women) could thrive. Each episode in many respects is the same. Sporadic fishing, a few plants, shell fish and snakes. Everyone is starving, everyone's loosing weight and enjoyment is rare. How about some hunting environments for small game,  bow and arrows and hey... people capable of building decent shelters. One of my favorite episodes was when the guy hunted and caught the wild hog.  Show people who wish to venture and not spend the entire time in small confined areas in misery?! I would love boats or rafts... but no one wants to go very far. The potential of the show is incredible to expand on.  But it seems like it's getting to be the same ole same ole.  I'd like to see more people thrive 

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Double D said:

I've watched this show since the beginning. Naked and Afraid. And Naked and Afraid XL. One thing I do not understand from a primitive camping sort of guys point of view, why don't they take the time to make some type of foot wear? If they truly have all these skills as advertised, why don't they build more traps, limb lines etc. for catching, obtaining food? Is there a rule? You catch a minnow or a frog that's dinner?When I go out, I work up an appetite. I will find more to eat or keep at till I do. I think these "experts" ought to be required to perform a certain amount of things to show they are qualified. Even a cub scout can make a shelter, and build a fire. I've been doing that since I was twelve. I also think the people that actually do hunt and fish, have a huge advantage. Sorry this kinda turned into a rant, but I'm just saying.

So glad I can piggyback on your footwear comment.  I can't find the episode on the board, but the woman in the episode I just watched wove some foot protectors, and then they went and cut some hide off a half-rotten deer carcass to tan for shoes. 

I don't watch this show very often anymore, but I did tonight because they were in Texas and I thought that might be a nice change from the usual weeks of rain and humidity and watching the jungle rot set in.

It was definitely one of the less brutal challenges, but it was actually very nice seeing the two people be like-minded and civil with each other.  They were not only fairly creative, but they cooperated and complimented each other.  It was pleasant, and the show still managed to be interesting.

Then in the next episode, the couple got plopped down in Ecuador and they were so hungry and waterlogged and miserable, they tapped out early.  Why does N&A think 147 versions of that is so entertaining?

Share Post