S06.E06: Ice, Ice, Ryan 2017.06.29

The continuing saga of sellers and developers, how I hate thee.

Share Post

Danny is either an actor cast to ham it up.

Yeah grabbing Ryan's ass and cupping his chest with both hands from behind?

Sure, that's for real Bravo.

That house, with the neon green exotic car?  Some of the decor choices are an acquired taste.

You would think people might want to make changes, not just because of the idiosyncratic decor but also the place was bought in 2003 and designed that way back then?  So the finishes are over 10 years old and buyers with that kind of money will want to customize.  Pay $25 million and pour more millions to renovate?

Share Post

4 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

The home for 25 mil is tacky. No way is it worth that price. Danny Nasi needs to be reprimanded for sexual harassment. Touching coworkers & clients is inappropriate, and besides that he was extremely annoying. 

Steve's date was a ditz, and a Bravo wannabe housewife. I'm not even sure why they put that scene in there. I can't imagine dating being that hard for someone like Steve. He's smart, ambitious, and easy on the eyes. 

Regarding the penthouse and Fredrick: The designer with the bad wig was an obvious plant, and there is no way that that storyline is realistic. 

100% agree. Please BRAVO, stop making a mockery of this show. 

Share Post

I did like Ryan's reaction to Ice Ryan, and that he was glad that it broke. The 25 million dollar home was beyond tacky along with the owner. The owner's constant calling/texting/emailing is not going to get the tacky home sold faster. I thought there were people at the party that were going to make offers, but wanted to do so through Danny.

Steve's reactions to his date were hilarious. He played it cool while dealing with her and was being pretty tactful in his TH's about her when he seemed to be thinking this woman is an idiot.

Edited by Misslindsey.

Share Post

This episode seemed so fake on so many levels. Steve's date. Omg. Totally Bravo casting. The plastic surgery look, guzzling the drinks, no job mentioned, etc. Ridiculous.

That Danny guy was also too over the top and obnoxious to be real and if he was for real, he needed to be fired.

The guy telling Fredrik not to take anyone to the penthouse, but then he takes them anyway and then they want to buy it. Predictable and all a setup.

This show is not real anymore. All scripted.

Share Post

5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

The 25 million dollar home was beyond tacky along with the owner. The owner's constant calling/texting/emailing are not going to get the tacky home sold faster.

Home, owner, and girlfriend -- all tacky!

Seems like Ryan normally would have made time to handle a $20M sale personally. He's the one who went to the listing appointment and (presumably) signed the contract. Like, maybe the greasy seller would have stopped pestering him if Ryan had taken five minutes to respond.

Steve can stop acting surprised and ill-treated that other agents arrange to tour properties for reasons other than having specific buyers. But I was on his side against the friend who cost him $5K in open house expenses because he was sleepy. Honestly, people on this show treat their realtors like shit.

I would remark that Luis looks happy and energized in next week's previews, but when does he not.

Edited by 2727.

Share Post

What did the date say at the end, something about pulling from the bottom of the deck?

They captioned some of the dialog but not the last part, after which they had a Steve TH about this girl not being right for him.

As for Luis, if he's really giving up the life, why is he still wearing suits with the slicked back hair?  You'd think he's relaxed so he doesn't worry about being so put together.

Share Post

How did Steve describe Taylor? Done? I will be using that! Normally Steve's homeless chic style does not bother me, but he looked a hot mess (& not in a good way) when showing Sam's apartment. 

Ice sculpture Ryan was funny. Danny is probably a good guy and a great agent, but boy he must be exhausting to be around. And I hope his handsy approach was exaggerated for the show, otherwise he is a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Share Post

8 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

This ep seemed really super-fake and staged (moreso than normal).  

The magical, obviously fake 'fights' between Steve and his friend.  Enough!

I think Steve is beautiful and perfect though.  I don't want the illusion ruined yet.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay.

Share Post

Okay.  Last week I knew things were looking dismal.  I said this week could turn the tide.....well, I'm done.  Last night was just too annoying or boring.  I finally admitted that I don't care for Steve.  And Fredrik's storylines are not appealing to me.  I like Ryan, but, it's not worth the other stuff.  I'll wait until next season and see if things get better.  I'll drop by here read what you guys have to say through.  

Share Post

10 hours ago, Pickles said:

This episode seemed so fake on so many levels. Steve's date. Omg. Totally Bravo casting. The plastic surgery look, guzzling the drinks, no job mentioned, etc. Ridiculous.

That Danny guy was also too over the top and obnoxious to be real and if he was for real, he needed to be fired.

The guy telling Fredrik not to take anyone to the penthouse, but then he takes them anyway and then they want to buy it. Predictable and all a setup.

This show is not real anymore. All scripted.

Most contrived episode ever, and I did not enjoy it at all.  I can accept that a lot of any "reality" show is scripted, but at least the scripts have to be somewhat realistic or amusing.  This was neither.  It was merely stupid.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

The 25 million dollar home was beyond tacky along with the owner.

I'll second that.  The exotic animal parts as part of the decor was rather offensive, IMO.   Not a fan of that.  That house was too dark too.   I have to have windows!  His house has them on the front, but they look right out onto the busy sidewalk.    Yay for the return of Luis! 

Share Post

$25 million and it's not a penthouse.

It's got a lot of space, a garage, and a big roof deck, but it's overlooked by skyscrapers all around it.

Frederick was selling a $12 million penthouse, though much smaller in square footage and it's in the financial district, which I think is still not as desirable as Tribeca.

But $25 million to be only a couple of stories high?

No wonder Ryan is only going to offer a rental deal next week.

Share Post

8 hours ago, scrb said:

No wonder Ryan is only going to offer a rental deal next week.

We'll get a re-run of this plot.  Ryan will suggest renting the place, then the seller will be horrified and object strenuously, and then the seller will relent.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Share Post

The blond, stupid, done date was every thing that is wrong with this society.  She should be embarrassed but she is more than likely proud of herself for getting her ugly done lips on TV.

She was hideous. 

Steve keeps saying he doesn't do such "low end" deals. But then in the next sentence he says "I just sold one just like this for 1.3 last month". He mentioned it several times how high end all his deals are. Yeah, right. 

Share Post

I remember Ryan once saying that he didn't care what the cost of the listing was, a sale is a sale!   I'm sure the market is pretty big there in NYC for the $2 million and under buyers.  I've been watching this show too long when I think that $2 million is on the low end!  I couldn't even afford any of the under $1 million dollar ones, but after looking at all of the $10 million+ listings on this show, $1 million seems doable by comparison!

Share Post

On 6/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, Misslindsey said:

Steve's reactions to his date were hilarious. He played it cool while dealing with her and was being pretty tactful in his TH's about her when he seemed to be thinking this woman is an idiot.

This is one of the reasons I'm loving Steve. So many men will go for that dumb,overdone, fake boobed Pamela Anderson blonde type. Aren't women like that a dime a dozen in California? She looked so out of place in NYC. Steve's can see right through that. I picture him with someone that looks like Ryan's wife. Pretty but sort of average and not plastic.  

Edited by bichonblitz.

Share Post

On 6/30/2017 at 8:52 AM, Misslindsey said:

The 25 million dollar home was beyond tacky along with the owner. The owner's constant calling/texting/emailing is not going to get the tacky home sold faster. I thought there were people at the party that were going to make offers, but wanted to do so through Danny.

I was shocked that Ryan gave it a list price of almost $25 million. I figured closer to $20 million because you'd need to spend at least $5 million to rip out half his shit and redecorate it like a normal human.

Share Post