All Episodes Talk: There's No Place Like Home

Well,I hope Bevan Lee doesn't read Facebook comments. Especially those about Episode 8.

I like all the actors. Hope all this negativity doesn't affect their residuals in the future. I don't think I have the stomach to watch the last two episodes.

Share Post

We don't have to worry about Carolyn.  She's in Canberra sleeping with Cleaver Greene-:)

(Sara Wiseman is appearing in Series 5 of Rake.)

Share Post

Just finished watching episode 9.  There are no strong men (except Roy) in this program.  Everyone of them caves to a woman.  There is no compromise.  My wish is that Jack would stay where he is but you can bet that he will eventually cave to Carolyn and leave Inverness Hospital for the big city where she can pursue her dreams and gay (I do not mean that in the sexual way) lifestyle.  George will move to Israel as ambassador to make Sarah happy.  I am so disappointed in how this will all probably turn out.

Share Post

4 hours ago, luvmylabs said:

There are no strong men (except Roy) in this program.

I think Harry is strong too. A lot of the other main male characters not so much though.   

Share Post

2 hours ago, ichbin said:

104!  My eyes nearly rolled out of my head.  

Of course she did.  

Share Post

Jack is by no means perfect but I would wildly disagree that he is not a strong man.   For as much as he "got stuck" you don't survive what he survived and come back and devote your life to doing good and helping people if you aren a strong person. You don't make the choice to try to save a man who has picked at your deepest insecurity over and over and over again.   You don't, despite your having a hard time with homosexuality, develop a relationship with Henry where inhale middle of everything else going on you feel genuinely crappy about having a row with him and go out of your way to try to make it right.    I mean Jack's whole life was collapsing around him and he's like, "and on top of it I'm fight with Henry."   Team Jack.   Who again...not perfect, but a genuinely good and strong man.   

And I genuinely don't like George (although I didn't dislike him much this season.  He just a really, interminably boring character) was the one who got the lead on Israel and suggested they go and Sarah was the one who waffled.   For as much as George cares about Ash Park he always seems ready to bolt first to Canberra and now to Israel twice in  the course of year.   But I can't really put that on Sarah.   I still find George yawn worthy but why not let his wife explore her faith.  We've never gotten any indication that his own faith is all that important to him. 

I also like Henry, and Harry grows a tremendous amount this season.... although at the cost of a tremendous amount.    

Share Post

I'm watching this on my local PBS station (KPBS in San Diego) and am only at the part where they come for Regina with a sedative & straightjacket, and she flees Ash Park, thanks to verbose Rose.

I can only surmise it will get even sudsier ...  :-)

Share Post