Adventure Time in the Media

An in-depth, long form look at the tone, look, and characterization of AT. One of the few benefits I've had from browsing Buzzfeed every now and again.

The bizarre magic of the world’s greatest kid’s—is it for kids?—television show.

The points I love in this article are the ones that come from Pendleton Ward and the other writers themselves. As someone with a tepid view of the "Why Did You Eat My Fries" song, I was pleased to hear that the fries aspect was purely a gag. I appreciated the near-academic take that Maria Bustillos offers.

Share Post

I could have sworn Cartoon Network advertised new eps on Thursdays, but last night was a repeat.

Share Post

The website says:

New Episodes! Thursdays in June

so, starting next week. :)

Share Post

The bizarre magic of the world’s greatest kid’s—is it for kids?—television show.

Thanks for the link, fun read.

Share Post

So This Video from the book signing for the Adventure Time Encyclopedia confirms that Bubbline is canon(at least in the writers room) but we will likely never see it on the show due to censorship it seems. I figured that was the reason but it's still nice to hear that this all just isn't in people's heads but the subtext is in fact intentional and Bubbline did date at some point. I get it's a kids show so their is only so much they can do because they don't want to piss off the people who are usually very vocally against these things especially when a program is aimed at children. They already push the envelope quite a bit. It just sucks that this is still an issue for some people but I get it. 

Edited by Turkish.

Share Post

Not sure where else to put the news that CN will be airing new episodes this coming Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. You can find out more information on the show's Tumblr site.

Share Post

In case you missed it, The Simpsons did/will do a couch gag riffing off Adventure Time.

Share Post