Season 5 General Discussion

Another awesome recap, R/O.  While "Rainiac" (properly attributed to Dr. Acula) is awesome, "Rhain with an H" is right up there, especially given the number of times you dutifully typed it out completely.

Share Post

I watched only part of the show but their fall protection gear was complete bullshit. I spent two years as a site manager (and safety monitor) on a construction managed by USA Corps of Engineers. A fall protection harness has crotch straps, what they want us to believe is effective is nonsense, without a crotch strap, the person falling would simply slip out of the harness and get injured or die. Not that any of these morons dieing is a bad thing, clean u-p the gene pool.

Share Post

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

"Rhain with an H" is right up there,

Someone else did that and I remembered it... if I knew the person I would definitely give them the credit... I am thinking I saw it on FB somewhere... 

Made me laugh...

Share Post

Thank you once again, RO for another great review!  (and for suffering through each and every episode this season).  Ok, it was only 7 or so, but I still feel stupider every time I watch this shitshow.

So thanks for watching it so we don't have to.

I did hear that Matt had to go back to rehab again.  Rehab from what though?  I thought they were in the "the bush".  What could he be addicted to?  Now, if I were mean, I'd say it was either because he figured out how to make his own moonshine.  Or he just used those batteries to make his own little meth lab.  And basically got horribly addicted to his own product(s).  But since I am not a mean person, I would never say any of those things.  ;)

Seriously though, I do hope Matt does get the help he needs to get well once again.  Probably the best thing would be to get away from his grifter family -- the sooner, the better.

Since they showed such few episodes this season, I do wonder about the future of this show.  Since it is so obviously fake, I wonder if it's still getting decent ratings any longer.  Anyone know?

Thanks again for the review, RO!  Fantastic stuff once again.

Share Post

What is that on Noah's face in the picture of Realityobservers recap link?????

Share Post

On 9/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, thebigboot said:

Eating the family? Wouldn’t that be animal cruelty for the bears?

Yeah...my apologies to the bears.

Share Post

Good Lord there was so much eye rolling in this latest 2 hour episode my eyes literally rolled out of my head and onto the hardwood floors several times.

Matt's air conditioned suit was awesome. I want to make myself one and walk around the neighborhood pulling that wagon with the generator and windows AC in it while I'm wearing my tarp with a hose duct taped from me to the AC. <eyeroll>

The Browns are just typical siblings that do crazy things with each other like myself and my siblings did all the time. Of course we were 6 years old at the time. <eyeroll>

Awwww...what a beautiful wedding. <sarcasm> I wonder if the family of Rain with an H have received the ransom note yet? <eyeroll>

In all seriousness that is a damn fine looking barn once it was finished. Which is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that these dipshits didn't build it. The prosecution rests. <eyeroll>

I'm really not sure if Matt is really in rehab for drinking/drugs. I think that was just for the "season" cliff hanger. After all this is a family that faked stage 4 cancer just a few months ago. <eyeroll><eyeroll>

The drawing of the fire truck...I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. A 6 year old kid drew it and far better that Noah-nothing could have. And if by chance you are in the middle of a raging forest fire and that is your defense??? Well you are going to die. Come on FIRE! <eyeroll>

Those are just the top ones but there were plenty of others. I really hope they took the animals back to the farm store where they came from because I can see this bunch of buffoons sitting around a fire with a chick-on-a- stick being cooked feathers and all.

Share Post

17 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Good Lord there was so much eye rolling in this latest 2 hour episode my eyes literally rolled out of my head and onto the hardwood floors several times.

Matt's air conditioned suit was awesome. I want to make myself one and walk around the neighborhood pulling that wagon with the generator and windows AC in it while I'm wearing my tarp with a hose duct taped from me to the AC. <eyeroll>

The Browns are just typical siblings that do crazy things with each other like myself and my siblings did all the time. Of course we were 6 years old at the time. <eyeroll>

Awwww...what a beautiful wedding. <sarcasm> I wonder if the family of Rain with an H have received the ransom note yet? <eyeroll>

In all seriousness that is a damn fine looking barn once it was finished. Which is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that these dipshits didn't build it. The prosecution rests. <eyeroll>

I'm really not sure if Matt is really in rehab for drinking/drugs. I think that was just for the "season" cliff hanger. After all this is a family that faked stage 4 cancer just a few months ago. <eyeroll><eyeroll>

The drawing of the fire truck...I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. A 6 year old kid drew it and far better that Noah-nothing could have. And if by chance you are in the middle of a raging forest fire and that is your defense??? Well you are going to die. Come on FIRE! <eyeroll>

Those are just the top ones but there were plenty of others. I really hope they took the animals back to the farm store where they came from because I can see this bunch of buffoons sitting around a fire with a chick-on-a- stick being cooked feathers and all.

I think Matt does have a substance abuse problem, just based on the behavior we've seen on the show. I also think Ami's stage three (I don't believe four was ever mentioned as fact) is also real. It's also not completely gone, as they are monitoring it regularly and Billy mentioned that it hadn't changed and that it was too small to even bother with a biopsy at this point. What they've shown us so far looks all too familiar to me, which is why I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I totally agree that no way did they build that barn, but they sure gave the subterfuge the old college try. The animals were cute.

Because I'm a sappy girl, I always get a little verklempt viewing a wedding. I'm not gonna lie, Noah's professions of adoration for Rhain with an H were adorable. They say there's a lid for every pot, and I do think it's sweet that they found each other. *sniff*

Edited by Gothish520.

Share Post

Some websites say it was Stage 3; others say Stage 4.  Many of us are of the opinion that she never had cancer at all.

Share Post

26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Some websites say it was Stage 3; others say Stage 4.  Many of us are of the opinion that she never had cancer at all.

I understand why some people might feel that way, but like I said, what we've seen so far seems very familiar to me. There's no doubt that Ami looked thinner and sickly for a while, and she does look healthier now. Also, the way some of the family was acting when it was going on, well, either it really was happening or they are darn good actors.

Share Post

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, little hermit said:

What is that on Noah's face in the picture of Realityobservers recap link?????

I think he wants to become a Borg and that's his Seven-of-Nine homage.  Or at least that's what I thought when I saw it.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Fosca said:

I think he wants to become a Borg . . . 

The whole mess of them are already "The Collective" . . . 

ETA:  Just watching the "finish the barn" scenes.  If you're fearing a forest fire may overrun your property, why would you rush to finish a barn so you could move animals into the potential path of the fire?

Edited by AZChristian.

Share Post

Watched the last episode out of sheer curiosity; which was probably stupid but hey I had nothing better to do.  Was going to remove them completely but had still been reading the boards and had to see at least one last time what they could possibly be up to.  Not having seen the whole season:

Changes!  Gabe with a eyebrow piercing, Bird looking a little heavier (not in the brain though), Matt looking a lot grayer, Bam actually looks pretty good the family separation must agree with him. 

Matt has a chicken best friend and invents a space suit to cool himself despite the fact that he'll sweat out 20 lbs trying to get it on. Some things truly never change.

Bird is smart enough to know she shouldn't be at the top of the barn when the lightening is hitting directly overhead; but not smart enough to take her hand off the metal ladder.

Power tool ban? I have no doubt at all if these yahoos were real and not being filmed they'd use any and all power tools they felt like using no matter what fire precautions were in effect.  But since they're fake and the barn build is fake Disco is in charge so no worries about them starting their own fires.  And of course it plays right into the "drama" story.  Notice despite the urgency Bam seemed to disappear for the second half of the barn raising, didn't see him when the tin roof was going on, not available for the shooting schedule?  

Find a fire lookout and never see them visit it again - I assume they're waiting to use it only after Noah invents a bush telescope and Matt installs a lawn chair with self cooling fan cushion and a beer storage seat.

Dead brush removal - to where? So they walked out into the forest and "cleared" dead brush but all we saw was movement from one spot to another spot 10 feet away. Did they actually haul it out, hose it down, burn it safely or otherwise truly get rid of it? No idea; not shown.

Rose petal water, Bird takes a long satisfying drink and says it tastes like sugar, Rain's face says "Did you slip some of Matt's stash into your bottle?"

Bear gets an extreme speech; again somethings never change. Had to suspend the drinking game for his barn monologue though, didn't want actual alcohol poisoning since he used the word approximately 1000 times in five minutes. 

Noah said McGyver things talking about the fire truck?  And Gabe said they're putting "the mints on the pillows"?  What happened to the we don't know pop culture and we're isolated shtick?  Guess they'd claim they caught up on all that while stuck in California (for the believer fans) or, for us let's say more likely they know these sayings because they leave the local hotel each morning then watch Netflix in their trailers while the crew nails boards onto the barn before they have to go finish the last two nails in each board for the cameras.

Now they have livestock in a "deal" - gloss over what the deal was for, money or trade for barn wood, money or trade for livestock, money or trade for a wedding, even how they got the hardware for the barn door rollers - never a mention of what the deal is or what they traded or, more important, where did the money come from

Matt goes into the wilderness carrying..........the worlds largest rolling pin?   (yes before you quote to correct me I know what it was)

The finished fire truck - I can't even there's too much to single out except maybe.......why does it need the lights?  Oh, yeah, because it's Noah and he can.

Rhain Alicia understands how Noah's brain works?  Nope, not touching that one with a 100 foot pole.  

Will they have another season? Will Bam's relationship be admitted to on air? Will Ami get her grandbabies (gulp!)?  Does anyone still watch this because they think it's real?  

Edited by sigmaforce86.

Share Post

On 10/8/2018 at 12:43 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

Matt goes into the wilderness carrying..........the worlds largest rolling pin?   (yes before you quote to correct me I know what it was)

At first I thought he was carrying a car muffler around....

Share Post