S06.E04: Hashtag, You're It 2017.06.15

On 6/15/2017 at 9:55 PM, Emmeline said:

I have a question for someone in the know.  When the show quotes the potential commission, what portion of that goes to the agent and what goes to the firm?

Look on the last week under my name. I work in real estate and I posted an explanation.

Share Post

On 6/16/2017 at 0:24 PM, dleighg said:

I took a look at the website for that Madison Park high rise. They made a special point about the free standing bathtub with floor to ceiling windows. I don't know about you, but even if my nearest neighbor is 50 floors below me or 30 blocks away, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sashaying around naked with all those windows!

YES! That's what I always think also. Who wants to wander from the bathroom into the bedroom naked when everybody with a binoculars can see you? Give me curtains any day, 

Share Post

And to whom ever asked YES relators lives are actually fairly boring. IRL they do a ton of phone calls, and a ton of paperwork. But those sellers asking for ridiculous amounts every. single. week. Made up for "drama" 

Share Post

17 hours ago, scrb said:

In old movies, it used to be a thing for people in high-rises to have telescopes to peer into other high-rises.

The show Frasier featured a prominent telescope, which often got the guys in trouble for people watching!   I'm sure it happens a lot in the big cities.  There's a wide assortment of weirdos looking for the idiot who gets undressed in front of an unglazed window! 

I remember watching one of the many real estate shows from NYC years ago, and there was a couple wanting to buy an apartment - about the 4th or 5th floor - that was all glass.  They made a point of showing them going out to the street at night just to see if they could see inside the building.  You couldn't see in, but I think they were still a little apprehensive about it.  I would be.  Having one window in the living room open to the city would be enough for me.  I'm old fashioned.  I still like curtains and blinds.  I don't like feeling like I'm on display.  I would feel that way on the first floor or the 50th!

I think that show was Selling New York.  I miss that one.

Edited by ChitChat.

Share Post

I wonder what the maintenance will be in that building.

They said 5 stories of amenities so maybe into 6-figures a year.

And then there could be all kinds of restrictions like if some of the owners put up drapes, it could ruin the sleek, glass wall look so they'd prohibit it.

Share Post

8 hours ago, scrb said:

They said 5 stories of amenities so maybe into 6-figures a year.

I've never lived in an apartment building like that, but I wondered at that "play room." 

Would the clientele of a building like that really take their tots downstairs to play in a common room like that?

Share Post

12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I remember watching one of the many real estate shows from NYC years ago, and there was a couple wanting to buy an apartment - about the 4th or 5th floor - that was all glass.  They made a point of showing them going out to the street at night just to see if they could see inside the building.  You couldn't see in, but I think they were still a little apprehensive about it. 

There was a similar scene in the first season of MDLNY where Fredrik was trying to prove to the buyer's realtor that she couldn't see in.  I forgot the woman's name but she was on one or two more episodes, maybe, and I thought she would have been a perfect permanent addition to the show.

Share Post

Did it feel to anyone else like "Dana Power" was said so many times during this episode (she's the broker for the buyer on Steve's place - the one he tagged in his Instagram photos) that she could be a contender for a cast addition?

Share Post

Steve. Gold's. Chest. Abs. Treasure Trail. OMFG.

And I love that he doesn't seem vain in the slightest. Like he knows other people think he's hot but he's all, whatever.

Share Post