Recipes In English And French: TGCBS In The Media

I think what I just felt stir in my heart was hope.  It's a terribly unfamiliar sensation at this juncture but I'm fairly certain that's what it was.  I was, of course, both startled and frightened at first because it had been just that long.    

Where is this and how might I find it?  Is it airing on something in the U.S.?   

Share Post

If I remember what I read, it's being done by CBC for airing in the fall. Your opinion of CBC may or may not colour your expectations.

Share Post

Dan Levy? Please God, no. He would make this show unwatchable for me. I probably won't even check it out, knowing this.

Share Post

On 2017-07-14 at 11:27 AM, SirOsisOfLiver said:

Dan Levy? Please God, no. He would make this show unwatchable for me. I probably won't even check it out, knowing this.

If he hosted in the persona of his character on Schitt's Creek it could get annoying fast, but I think it's a safe bet to assume he'll be there as himself and I don't find him particularly annoying.

Share Post

We tried to watch the CBC 150 birthday special he hosted and had to turn it off halfway through. He severely annoys me. I think he finds himself way funnier than I do. I won't watch this show with him in it.

Share Post

According to the CBC website, the first episode is November 1, 2017.  I am hoping that the Canadian version echoes the British original and goes with a focus on the baking fails or successes and camaraderie between contestants for the drama , and not bullshit rivalries and one-upmanship like too many other reality shows have.  I want that Canadian reputation for polite competitiveness to shine through.

Share Post

On 10/28/2017 at 6:43 PM, sum said:

I'd already gleaned that the CBC website is not the most professional looking thing, but this tidbit had me rolling my eyes.:

Linda is a devoted grandmother to eight grandkids; she has lovingly baked every cake for each of their birthdays for the last 20 years — that's 160 cakes if you're counting!

Actually, I AM counting and unless all eight of her grandkids are 20 years old (which they clearly aren't as we saw from the footage in the first episode), then she hasn't baked 160 birthday cakes for her grandchildren (yet).

Share Post

Woohoo! S2 starts on Sept. 19th. I didn't even recognize Julia Chan with the blond hair!

Share Post

I’m looking forward to this show, but I am hoping they really challenge the bakers this year.  

Share Post