Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

34 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am definitely on edge. Any bit of news that suggests Dany and/or Jon's death can set me off. I am trying so hard to hold onto that outline because there is a part of me that doesn't think that Martin really changed anything about who survives, but it is difficult.

I’m inclined to think that the original five all survive, but I’m not confident either way.

26 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Sorry, what I meant was: We know that there are battles, but we don't know exactly who and where the characters are fighting on the show. So every storyline, including the general outline, is kept tightly under wraps and not only Dany's and Sansa's.

The timing of the Jon/Dany are doomed theories is extremely interesting. And it's why I won't buy those but with rock-solid evidence.

I’d say we now have a decent idea of the shape of the season, even if the details are fuzzy. I did a rough outline a few pages back, and that was before all the Seville stuff came out. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, GraceK said:

Can you elaborate please? Why is the timing interesting ? 

In part, because the filming in Seville coincided with Emilia's promo in Cannes whereas D&D knew from experience that filming in Spain would be scrutinized and people would expect to see the final survivors. Cheaper way to mud the waters than filming multiple endings. The other part would be fandom talk.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I’d say we now have a decent idea of the shape of the season, even if the details are fuzzy. I did a rough outline a few pages back, and that was before all the Seville stuff came out. 

We know there's a battle in Winterfell. We know there's a battle in KL. There are some actors spotting (and some didn't film) and some pictures, without context. We can speculate about those bits and pieces, but true verified facts about the plot itself are scarce.

Example: Footage of a Red Priestress (Melisandre? no face in the picture IIRC) fighting the AoTD (verified by the actors' garbs). Those are facts. Why and how she's there, how it'll happen, how it'll end, who's fighting with her, etc. everything else is speculation. Some are logical deductions, some are probable, but they are not facts.

BTW, I remembered this article:

http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/game-of-thrones-series-finale-multiple-endings-season-8-emilia-clarke-interview/

which is mostly excerpts from this one, from may 16th:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/awards-chatter-podcast-emilia-clarke-game-thrones-solo-a-star-wars-story-1111352

Emilia claims she doesn't know the ending despite reading the script. She suspects they're changing stuff and she doesn't know what's truly going on. I personally believe she knows how it ends and multiple endings filmed is BS, but it shows that it's all PR and actors are going to say anything and everything...but what truly counts, imho.

Her perspective on Dany sounds much more positive in this one, btw.

Edited by Happy Harpy.

Share Post