S06.E02: The Kids Aren't Alright 2017.06.01

Ryan and his Brooklyn team sell as many houses as possible; in order for Fredrik to land a building in SoHo, he has to prove that he's done his homework; Steve wonders if he's become a babysitter when his young clients refuse to behave.

Share Post

You can tell Emilia gets her lips plumped, when comparing them to her sister's. Not interested in their little facial antics, while Ryan is doing business. 

And bethenny? No, no, no.

I enjoy watching Steve. The hair, the scarves. Nice.

Share Post

Steve bringing his dog to work and calling him his best friend makes me like him even more.

Steve's clients seem like a bunch of rich douches lol.

Fredriks apt with the glass cutout or whatever in the middle was awesome.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

You can tell Emilia gets her lips plumped, when comparing them to her sister's. Not interested in their little facial antics, while Ryan is doing business. 

And bethenny? No, no, no.

I enjoy watching Steve. The hair, the scarves. Nice.

Not interested in Emilia or Mariefaye either, but at least they kept quiet when Ryan was on the phone, unlike last season when Emilia was whining about something while Ryan was attempting to conduct business. If we have to put up with them, I'm going to need a lot more of hot Derek to balance it out, but Derek does not appear to be a fameheaux.

1,000x no to Bethany.

Steve - yes, please! I normally don't like those scarves on men (he & Josh Gates are my exceptions), and I loathe those knit caps, but they work on him. It was so cute when either he or his assistant called the rental agent his new best friend & Pablo let out a little yelp. I know it was editing, but I prefer to believe that Pablo understood what was being said & was not pleased. 

I don't believe that the 2 $12.5M cousins are both named Steve, let alone whoever the other Steve was. Guess they think they're being cute & clever; I think they're obnoxious. But I want some of whatever drink was in that big ol' mason jar.  

I wasn't impressed with Renee's catwalk walk. Jordan's chairwalk was much better!

Edited by Toothbrush.

Share Post

I am not quite sure when it happened, but this has somehow become my favorite Bravo show. I couldn't believe when I ffwing through a commercial and saw the episode was 3/4 done. It flew by and made me wish I had 10 unseen episodes on DVR so I could keep watching

Share Post

Glass atrium notwithstanding, I agree with the majority of Fredrik's clients who would be more motivated by a doorman and a view than by iron exterior embellishments.

Share Post

I like Steve's business style. He does his own thing and seems to be successful and thinks those big open house parties are BS. So far, all three agents have had no interactions or drama between each other. We're only 2 eps in so we will see.   Oh, and Fred, you did not have anywhere near 250 people at your over the top open house party. More like 50. 

Share Post

Why would R cancel the mansion showing when he knew the $3M offer was contingent on passing inspection? That seems like something he'd learn in his first class at Realtor school.

Share Post

I like Steve's business style. He does his own thing and seems to be successful and thinks those big open house parties are BS

You're basically paying for a bunch of colleagues to come over and mooch off of you and risk getting food everywhere!  It seems to work for Fredrik and Ryan, but that doesn't seem to be Steve's thing.  I say, do whatever works for you!  I thought it was sweet that Steve's assistant is a friend from high school.  She seemed really nice.  If I had the kind of money that Fredrik's seller was asking for that particular building, I'd say no.  I'd want something with spectacular views.  I'm not a fan of the interior glass walls, especially next to the tub!  YMMV.

Why would R cancel the mansion showing when he knew the $3M offer was contingent on passing inspection? That seems like something he'd learn in his first class at Realtor school.

IIRC, it went against Ryan's better judgment, but he cancelled it per the buyer's request.  Ryan should've known that the house had major structural issues.  Cracks running down a wall aren't normal!  Huge red flag!!  I would assume that the house needs new plumbing and electric service too.  I think Ryan let his excitement over selling the house to the first potential buyer get the best of him.  He knew better, and that's what really pissed him off.  And the crap his wife put on his face.  I did not find that amusing at all. 

Steve's sellers are annoying too.  And jeez, $50,000/month to rent a place?  Holy cow!  Who are these people?  Seriously.  I need to know! 

Edited by ChitChat.

Share Post

15 hours ago, rhys said:

13 hours ago, ChitChat said:

IIRC, it went against Ryan's better judgment, but he cancelled it per the buyer's request.  Ryan should've known that the house had major structural issues.  Cracks running down a wall aren't normal!  Huge red flag!!  I would assume that the house needs new plumbing and electric service.  I think Ryan let his excitement over selling the house to the first potential buyer get the best of him.  He knew better, and that's what really pissed him off.  And the crap his wife put on his face.  I did not find that amusing at all. 

I think that ChitChat is right - Ryan was excited to sell that house, and his excitement got the best of him.  Although, buyers do sometimes request that the house not be shown during the attorney review/inspection phase of the purchase.  It happened to us last year.  We put our house on the market, and got an offer (for almost full ask) the next day.  The buyers asked that my agent cancel the realtor's open house and not show the home.  She agreed (I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but she was confident).  All worked out fine, but I still think we should have continued to show it until the attorney review/inspection phase was complete.  It stops the potential for a bidding war, giving the buyer some leverage.

That house needed A LOT of work.  It has amazing potential, and I would love to see the finished product, but there was no doubt that the first buyers' inspection list must have been pages and pages long.  

The seller's attachment to that house was weird, though.  If he and his partners own a flipping business, why not take on the house themselves?  

I wonder if the architect buyer decided to convert the house into a multi-family dwelling.  It was over 10,000 sq. ft. - They could do three BIG apartments, or even four or five smaller ones (but still nice size for Brooklyn).

Edited by njbchlover.

Share Post

52 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

The seller's attachment to that house was weird, though.  If he and his partners own a flipping business, why not take on the house themselves?  

I wondered that too. They bought it just to sell it, or perhaps because they could? Maybe they realized it was too much work to flip, but wanted to check it off their professional bucket list? 

Share Post

I thought that box of papers that Yuri carted into the restaurant was the inspector's list!

Share Post

12 hours ago, rhys said:

I thought that box of papers that Yuri carted into the restaurant was the inspector's list!

I had no idea what they were up to!  That was a pretty good strategy on Ryan's part.  Make the seller look at all of those signed contracts so that he could get an idea of just how much work Ryan & his team did.  Rub his nose in it!   ;)

Share Post

Frederick telling the developer he wasn't going to interview other brokers, he was going to give the listing to him right then and there.

Obviously staged.  They'd probably work out the deal by email, phone, fax and then once they had a deal, then they'd arrange a meeting to do the signing.

Steve repeatedly said derogatory things about the son and cousin on camera.  Yeah they're real sellers ...

He even told some of the people he was showing the place to that they could go out on the terrace, smoke a J or whatever.  How many potential buyers of $12 million apartments would tolerate that kind of casualness?

Does he really get away not wearing suits and acting like a bro?

Share Post

The two supposed agents who came to Gold's open house and left before finishing the tour because the unit was overpriced made my eyes practically roll out of my head. The pretense that the listing price is unknown to other agents is already absurd, plus it's their job to scrutinize new listings, over-fucking-priced or not.

Share Post

He even told some of the people he was showing the place to that they could go out on the terrace, smoke a J or whatever.  How many potential buyers of $12 million apartments would tolerate that kind of casualness?

IIRC, he said that to 2 brokers that were his friends.  He could be more relaxed around them, or so it seemed. 

Share Post

On 6/2/2017 at 0:00 PM, ChitChat said:

If I had the kind of money that Fredrik's seller was asking for that particular building, I'd say no.  I'd want something with spectacular views. 

Yeah I hear you, but if you want to live in Soho, you aren't going to find these "spectacular" views like you can farther uptown. It's a trade off...for some people the view is more important, for others it the address that is more important. As for me, I could care less about the views...the views are only amazing for a short period until you are used to them and don't even notice any longer...and believe me it doesn't take very long. I suppose if it was my 5th or 6th house that I only spent a couple days here and there at, maybe the views would be more important...but for somewhere you live every day, you stop even noticing very quickly

Share Post

Oh, and what was with everyone having those handle/strap things on their cell phones? Are those a thing now?

Share Post

7 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

Yeah I hear you, but if you want to live in Soho, you aren't going to find these "spectacular" views like you can farther uptown. It's a trade off...for some people the view is more important, for others it the address that is more important. As for me, I could care less about the views...the views are only amazing for a short period until you are used to them and don't even notice any longer...and believe me it doesn't take very long. I suppose if it was my 5th or 6th house that I only spent a couple days here and there at, maybe the views would be more important...but for somewhere you live every day, you stop even noticing very quickly

I bought my house seventeen years ago (this month) because it's surrounded by large pine trees & the interior felt like "home" immediately.  I NEVER tire of looking out the window & smelling those trees.  Pure bliss!!

Share Post

I'm only continuing to watch this show for Fredrik.  I didn't sign up to watch Emilia's bullshit so please, show, stop trying to make her happen.  The entire thing with her sister living with Ryan and Emilia is just nonsense.  I am ff'ing through all of Ryan's scenes now. 

I love Fredrik and even if his scenes are staged I still enjoy them.  

I like Steve, the new guy, so far. I love that he brings Pablo to work and calls him his best friend.  I even like that he's casual and isn't doing the thousands of dollars suits. 

But I'm really over the asshole sellers/buyers.  Just show me the real estate, please. 

Share Post

24 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I'm only continuing to watch this show for Fredrik.  I didn't sign up to watch Emilia's bullshit so please, show, stop trying to make her happen.  The entire thing with her sister living with Ryan and Emilia is just nonsense.  I am ff'ing through all of Ryan's scenes now. 

I like Steve, the new guy, so far. I love that he brings Pablo to work and calls him his best friend.  I even like that he's casual and isn't doing the thousands of dollars suits. 

But I'm really over the asshole sellers/buyers.  Just show me the real estate, please. 

You & me both!!!  Ignorant, rude & greedy people just make me angry!!!

Share Post

On 6/5/2017 at 0:57 PM, psychoticstate said:

Steve is a great addition to the show. he is confident. It was a good idea to rent the appt until the dad got back. Those two kids were very rude.

Share Post