9JKL in the Media

The purpose of a trailer is to introduce the audience to the show, characters and concept with the aim of making viewers want to see more.  This one fails.  I watched the trailer because I was intrigued by the 9JKL title.   So far -- way way too much Linda Lavin (and I liked her many years ago), and not enough Eliot Gould (loved him in Friends but hopefully he will not try to replay Jack Geller here).  I think the show is going for a Marie Barone character for the mother, make that a Jewish Marie Barone.   Unlikely that I'll be watching in the fall. 

Share Post

The only "Smother" who works for me on current or recent TV is Bev Goldberg. And when that kind of character goes wrong, it goes VERY wrong.

Share Post

Is it wrong that I am dying to see what the ratings are for this crap fest without the BBTs a lead in.

Share Post

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Is it wrong that I am dying to see what the ratings are for this crap fest without the BBC as a lead in.

Nope

Share Post

Bombs away!

Now opening the Eye’s night, Kevin Can Wait — with 6.3 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating — was on par with its own previous outing but delivered not even half of what Big Bang last did in the time slot (13.2 mil/2.8). That led 9JKL (5.1 mil/0.8) to drops of 29 and 43 percent.

(Last week was 7.2 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating.)

Edited by TheOtherOne.

Share Post

I'm surprised Kevin Can Wait pulled in that many viewers given how crappy it is...

Share Post

Noooooooooo! I really liked this show and was hoping it would get another season. Boo. 

Share Post

6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Noooooooooo! I really liked this show and was hoping it would get another season. Boo. 

I liked it too. It got off to a slow start, but then it seemed to hit its stride. The last episode was kind of a season/series finale: Josh gets a new role on Broadway, realizes he's over his ex-wife, and that he's glad to be home with his crazy family. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

I liked it too. It got off to a slow start, but then it seemed to hit its stride. The last episode was kind of a season/series finale: Josh gets a new role on Broadway, realizes he's over his ex-wife, and that he's glad to be home with his crazy family. 

It definitely got off to a slow start, I agree. But then it came together and I found it funny and charming. I didn`t realize the final episode was the final episode at the time. I thought they were just taking a break and would be back with more. Darn. 

Share Post

I was expecting this to get cancelled and only came here to see if I was right.  I didn't last past 4 episodes and even that was painful.  I still can't believe it ever got made into a series with a pilot that bad.  Sounds to me like someone had connections and was calling in a favor.  I don't think I would have changed my mind even if the later episodes got a little better.  It probably wouldn't have been enough.

Share Post