Runaways In The Media: Missing Posters

Here's KIND of a first look.  Looks like the friendly people at Marvel Studios may have intervened to get the bootleg teaser wiped from the Internet, but there's at least a cast photo.  The girl playing Gert, who I think was on Degrassi, looks more like a half-hearted cosplayer, and Chase isn't blonde enough.

Interestingly, the Staff of One appears in Doctor Strange, taken from the Hong Kong Sanctum by an extra credited as Tina Minaru.  Different actress, though, because that would have been some epic-level Easter Egging.

Share Post

The Black and Asian characters are played by black and Asian actors! I would have put money on that not happening. Good start then. 

Share Post

I thought this was a Hulu show. Freeform is where Cloak & Dagger will be playing.

If you're coming to New York Comic Con in October, you can get a look at the show on Friday,October 6.

Hulu and Marvel Television Present Marvel's Runaways

October 06, 2017, 7:45 PM - 9:15 PM

Main Stage 1-D Presented by AT&T

Marvel’s Runaways makes a fresh landing in New York as Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, joins the stellar cast and executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage to let you in on some of the secrets and mysteries of the highly-anticipated, new Hulu Original Series, Marvel’s Runaways. You won’t want to miss this fun-filled panel featuring exclusive footage. And be sure to catch Season One of Marvel’s Runaways when it premieres on Hulu, Tuesday, November 21, 2017.

I still think Molly should be a CGI character. I mean, if we have a disgustingly adorable Lockjaw over on Inhumans . . .

Share Post

Wow. Two reactions.

1) that looks very true to the source and I'm looking forward to it. 

2) Does that explain anything at all to someone unfamiliar to the source material?

Share Post

I think it gets across "disaffected teenagers discover parents of same sacrificing an innocent to an eldritch horror" okay.  Whether it quite gets the real selling points of the story across, like, the actual running...not so much.

Plus, you barely see the Staff of One and Karolina glowing.  And no Old Lace at all, unless I blinked at the wrong moment.

Share Post

The premiere date of November 21 was already mentioned, but I don't think we'd heard yet that we'll get the first three episodes on that date. It is mentioned in the press release for the trailer that was posted on the Futon Critic

Share Post

Wait, no.  Old Lace is in the trailer, barely. You can see the ring in her nose for like three tenths of a second.

Share Post

And the song used is called "Don't Run."  A bit on the nose.

Share Post

On 10/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, starri said:

And the song used is called "Don't Run."  A bit on the nose.

Could've been worse....

Share Post

I liked the former. I think it got remixed/covered in Police Story in the Eighties. The latter's video I will not click, because I am more than physically sick at this point.

Share Post

I still want to know how they're getting around Molly's being a mutant.

Share Post

Hmmm...   looks like they aged up Molly and made her Hispanic.  I can see the reasons for both of those choices. Having a diverse LA cast without a representative Latino is kind of odd. I don't even know if they'll ever get to Victor.

If being a mutant is totally unusable in the MCU, maybe they'll make Molly an Inhuman.

Man, with the way they set up the first reveal

Spoiler

it seems very obvious that Alex is the traitor assuming that it follows the comics' first storyline. In the comics the kids happen to be there anyway and stumble upon the evildoing. In this version it seems Alex is inviting his school buddies (explaining an older Molly) to his house on the day of the ritual.

Share Post

Lyrica Okano discusses Runaways on Build (she looks so different without Nico's full face of emo makeup!):

Share Post