The Time Has Come For The Successor To Happy Days And That '70s Show

Freaks & Geeks covered the 80s quite well.

But I like your idea. Brigitte Fonda could use a job. I was just watching Singles. 1992. They still had landlines. And square computer screens.

Allyson Brannigan may need a job too. SMG too. Seth Green as a snarky tech genius.

Share Post

I was a teenager in suburban Wisconsin in the 90s. It was.........not interesting in the slightest. Maybe something Jeffrey Dahmer themed?

Share Post

Well, there's also the Goldbergs, which covers the 80s and could easily transition into the 90s.

Share Post

That's what I was going to say - Fresh Off the Boat seems to be covering some of this territory.

Share Post

Rachael Leigh Cook, while a bit too young to play the mother of one of the teenagers could be someone's cousin (if there's a big age difference between the parent and thier younger sibling), aunt, or someone who works at the local hangout that the teenagers go to for advice. Melissa Joan Hart could just about play the mother of a teenager, and I don't think her political views are too controversial.

Share Post

18 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Rachael Leigh Cook, while a bit too young to play the mother of one of the teenagers

She's actually 37 - so a hair youngish, but I think she could probably pull it off?

Share Post

On April 25, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Sarah 103 said:

Rachael Leigh Cook, while a bit too young to play the mother of one of the teenagers

She's actually 37 - so a hair youngish, but I think she could probably pull it off?

If Rachel Leigh Cook was willing to make herself look and play a few years older than she is, casting her as one of the character's moms would work.

Share Post