S07.E12: These Boots Were Made for Stalking 2017.04.25

Emily butts heads with Addison, who may be connected to a familiar foe; Spencer confronts her mother about keeping family secrets; Aria confides in Holden about her relationship with Ezra, while Spencer turns to Detective Furey for help.

Share Post

So, Addison will end up being AD -- and has been AD all along.  Even though they just introduced her character in this episode.  And her name even starts with AD.  Come on, it's so obvious.  </sarcasm>.

Share Post

I feel it's so so wrong that I guffawed when I saw Jenna leading her squad of the blind at the coffeeshop in the promo EB posted.

Addison is already incredible, one scene with her and I already hate her.

Share Post

Yeah, Addison can die in a fire and I haven't even seen the  episode.  She's obviously going to try to blackmail / scheme her way back onto the swim team or some crap.  Given how much the PLLs have endured, I hope Emily just laughs in her face.  "Amateur.  I spent a month locked in a dollhouse being psychologically tortured, do you think I give a shit about anything you say or do?"

Share Post

Yeah Addison sucks and I'm really not looking forward to seeing Emily and Alison battling some random teenager. I'm assuming this Addison brat is going to try to blackmail Emily because she's filming Alison talking about being pregnant, which is obviously not cool, but it still seems kind of pathetic to me when adults (and school faculty members in this case) get into drama with kids. I always side-eyed the liars' parents for how they responded to Alison's teenage antics back in the day, because if you're the adult in the situation then act like it and deal with the situation head-on instead of letting some troublemaking kid bait you into their games. 

Share Post

Wow, I could not care less than I do about Spencer's adoption drama. Is it me or is Peter Hastings not home yet because definitely he's impregnating crazy rich ladies up and down the coast?

Share Post

3 hours ago, SadieT said:

Yeah Addison sucks and I'm really not looking forward to seeing Emily and Alison battling some random teenager. I'm assuming this Addison brat is going to try to blackmail Emily because she's filming Alison talking about being pregnant, which is obviously not cool, but it still seems kind of pathetic to me when adults (and school faculty members in this case) get into drama with kids. I always side-eyed the liars' parents for how they responded to Alison's teenage antics back in the day, because if you're the adult in the situation then act like it and deal with the situation head-on instead of letting some troublemaking kid bait you into their games. 

I'm also not going to be happy when they inevitably beat us down with "Addison is SO MUCH WORSE THAN ALI" and that's part of Ali's full redemption. 

Share Post

Whatever.  Emily once got GLASS in her hair.  That one time in the greenhouse.  Addison has nothing on whichever A that was. 

Share Post

I really hope that Emily's response to Addison's inevitable blackmail/Mean Girls attempt is something along the lines of, "Bitch, PLEASE. You are so basic that you aren't fit to lick the hem of Mona's old hoodies. I stabbed my ex-girlfriend's stalker and killed him. I buried my other ex-girlfriend's husband in the woods. You ain't shit."

Share Post

On 4/22/2017 at 6:44 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really hope that Emily's response to Addison's inevitable blackmail/Mean Girls attempt is something along the lines of, "Bitch, PLEASE. You are so basic that you aren't fit to lick the hem of Mona's old hoodies. I stabbed my ex-girlfriend's stalker and killed him. I buried my other ex-girlfriend's husband in the woods. You ain't shit."

As long as she follows that up with dragging her into Ali's office and saying something like, "And this girl, this bitch, is someone you don't want to mess with. This one BLINDED another girl and blackmailed her into leaving town in between sleeping with several older guys* and drugging her friends. She pushed a guy off of a belltower once. She lived through the LONGEST NIGHT EVER in a yellow top which ended in her being buried alive. You don't want to be messing with us, amateur." 

(*Ok, I KNOW that each older guy said that they never slept with Ali, so that's canon, but it makes no sense for them not to have. Marlene King just didn't want to commit to that aspect. I mean, if Ian/Ali weren't sleeping together, then Ian's actions make no sense. Also, the Ezra thing. And Wilden. And whatever other older guy she was sleeping with. So my canon is that she slept with all of them. Ok, back on topic).

So yeah, not impressed with Addison in the slightest. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Addison will probably turn out to be yet another secret Hastings or DiLaurentis or Drake.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

Addison is definitely AD though.  This week. Which will probably be less stupid than the real A reveal. Unless the real AD is Peter Hastings, which I'm all in on. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

(*Ok, I KNOW that each older guy said that they never slept with Ali, so that's canon, but it makes no sense for them not to have. Marlene King just didn't want to commit to that aspect. I mean, if Ian/Ali weren't sleeping together, then Ian's actions make no sense. Also, the Ezra thing. And Wilden. And whatever other older guy she was sleeping with. So my canon is that she slept with all of them. Ok, back on topic).

If Wilden is Beach Hottie like some people think, then it is canon Alison slept with him because didn't she think she was pregnant that summer? I could buy that Ali and Ezra never had sex because I don't think they spent much time together before she disappeared. Never understood why the show walked back on Ali and Ian and basically said they were sneaking around to hold hands...it made no sense considering this show's otherwise lax attitude towards statutory rape. 

Share Post

your always going to have different opinions on statutory rape the bigger issue has always been he was a teacher more than anything but if you go after him for the teacher part of it then i think Byron should lose his job to cause he did something like that to when he was a professor in college my thing has always been if he/she is 16+ the rule goes out the window but i know some people feel differently

Edited by Froippi.

Share Post

14 minutes ago, Froippi said:

your always going to have different opinions on statutory rape the bigger issue has always been he was a teacher more than anything but if you go after him for the teacher part of it then i think Byron should lose his job to cause he did something like that to when he was a professor in college my thing has always been if he/she is 16+ the rule goes out the window but i know some people feel differently

It's not really a matter of opinion though, there's laws and every state has an age of consent and different laws. Even in states where the age of consent is 16, there's often stipulations about people in positions of power like teachers so Ezra/Aria is statutory rape, although the writers tried to excuse it by saying Ezra was temporarily not teaching when they first slept together. Alison was only 15 when she disappeared so any older guy she slept with would also be guilty of statutory rape, especially Wilden who was like a 30 year old cop (although he's never been confirmed as beach hottie). Byron should have lost his job, but his affair with his student wasn't illegal because she was an adult unlike Aria with Ezra. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Addison will probably turn out to be yet another secret Hastings or DiLaurentis or Drake.

Embrace the healing power of "and".

1 hour ago, SadieT said:

If Wilden is Beach Hottie like some people think, then it is canon Alison slept with him because didn't she think she was pregnant that summer?

Depends.  CeCe told that flashback (where  Ali told her she might be pregnant) so a)  unreliable narrator and b) might have been a lie on Ali's part.  She was desperate for money that summer (blackmailing Byron, selling her face to that weird mask maker, etc.)  She  might have told CeCe  "I need $ for an abortion" when she really just wanted the cash for other reasons.

Share Post

36 minutes ago, SadieT said:

It's not really a matter of opinion though, there's laws and every state has an age of consent and different laws. Even in states where the age of consent is 16, there's often stipulations about people in positions of power like teachers so Ezra/Aria is statutory rape, although the writers tried to excuse it by saying Ezra was temporarily not teaching when they first slept together. Alison was only 15 when she disappeared so any older guy she slept with would also be guilty of statutory rape, especially Wilden who was like a 30 year old cop (although he's never been confirmed as beach hottie). Byron should have lost his job, but his affair with his student wasn't illegal because she was an adult unlike Aria with Ezra. 

i know the law changes for each state but some just don't agree with the statutory rape in general is what i meant and yes i do agree with him being a teacher is a big issue and yes i know Byron would not have gone to jail he would of just lost his job more of point if the show was going to show either one losing their job then both of them would of had to lost their jobs they did neither but honestly who in Rosewood ever goes to jail though

Edited by Froippi.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Froippi said:

i know the law changes for each state but some just don't agree with the statutory rape in general is what i meant and yes i do agree with him being a teacher is a big issue and yes i know Byron would not have gone to jail he would of just lost his job more of point if the show was going to show either one losing their job then both of them would of had to lost their jobs they did neither but honestly who in Rosewood ever goes to jail though

It doesn't matter if people "agree" with the statutory rape laws because they are still laws. That's like saying I don't agree that murder is a crime so I should be allowed to kill whoever I want without any penalty. Ezra being Aria's teacher isn't just "a big issue." It puts him in a direct position of authority which is just ONE of the things that makes him having sex with her illegal in the state of Pennsylvania.

Age and experience create a power imbalance that makes it impossible for the younger person to freely give consent. In Pennsylvania, children less than 13 years of age cannot grant consent to sexual activity. Teens between the ages of 13 and 15 can consent to sexual activity with peers within a four-year age range. People aged 16 and older can legally consent to sexual activity with anyone they choose, as long as the other person does not have authority over them as defined in Pennsylvania’s institutional sexual assault statute.

From wikipedia:

The age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16 years of age for sexual consent. The age of consent was previously 18 but it was lowered to 16 in 1995.

There is also a corruption of minors statute against adults corrupting the morals of minors under 18 years of age.  However, the corruption of minors statute only applies to perpetrators 18 years of age and older, so it is always legal for minors 16-17 to have sex with each other but not always with a partner 18 or older. Pennsylvania prosecutors use this law against adults who have consensual intercourse with 16- and 17-year-olds, and it would count as a misdemeanor offense. In 2005 JoAnne Epps, a former prosecutor and Temple University Beasley School of Law dean of academic affairs, stated that the corruption of minors charge is considered to be a separate crime from that of statutory rape; she stated that the consideration of whether a minor is consenting to sexual activity is a separate issue from whether someone is corrupting the minor's morals.

Teenagers aged 13, 14 and 15 may or may not be able to legally engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 4 years older. Such partners could not be prosecuted under statutory rape laws, but may be liable for other offenses, even when the sexual activity is consensual.

In December 2011 the Pennsylvania Legislature passed an amendment stating that an employee of a school who engages in sexual relations with any student or athletic player under the age of 18 may receive a third-degree felony charge. In 2014 Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Corbett signed into law an amendment making this law apply to athletic coaches who work outside of an educational setting. Historically Pennsylvania prosecutors were only allowed to issue misdemeanor charges such as corruption of minors against teachers and coaches who had sex with 16 and 17-year-old students. In addition to the corruption of minors charge, Pennsylvania prosecutors have also brought child endangerment charges against schoolteachers who had sex with 16 and 17-year-old students.

This means that if Aria had sex with Ezra while she was still 15, it was illegal because he was clearly more than four years older he would be charged with statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. When she had sex with him when she was 16-17, it was STILL illegal because he was an employee of the school. This would result in a third degree felony charge. In addition, because she was 16-17 and he was over 18, he would be charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor, and corruption of a minor. This isn't a difference of opinion. It's the law in the state of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania statues:

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

§ 3125 Aggravated indecent assault

(7) the complainant is less than 13 years of age; or (8) the complainant is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other. (b) Aggravated indecent assault of a child.--A person commits aggravated indecent assault of a child when the person violates subsection (a)(1), (2), (3), (4), (5) or (6) and the complainant is less than 13 years of age.

§ 3123 Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse

(7) who is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and person are not married to each other.

When the alleged victim is 16 or older and less than 18 years of age, and the alleged offender is over the age of 18, the Commonwealth may charge the offense of corruption of minors or unlawful contact with a minor, even if the activity was consensual:

§ 6301 Corruption of minors.

(a) Offense defined.-- (1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

The crime of corruption of minors is usually a crime that accompanies another "more serious" crime such as statutory rape or involuntary deviate sexual intercourse or accompanies some drug or alcohol use, possession or sale. Tending to corrupt like contributing to delinquency is a broad term involving conduct toward a child in an unlimited variety of ways which tends to produce or to encourage or to continue conduct of the child which would amount to delinquent conduct."

The question of whether consensual intercourse with a minor 16 years or older tends to corrupt the morals of that minor is a jury question to be decided by the "common sense of the community."

Share Post

So, I think I accidentally started a conversation that might be best for another thread? So, my bad on that. 

Share Post