All Giada Talk: What, Your Cumin Doesn't Smell Lemony?

(I hope it’s okay that I’m posting something here about her beach show.)

Giada is the kind of woman who used to absolutely terrify me as a child (hell, even today).  She’s at an 11 all. the. time.  Her smile is a teeny bit too big and whenever she’s working with Jade and a bunch of her friends, she barks rapid-fire orders.  She always has a snarky little comment to make about the way someone does something.  She’ll ask you to add “a little bit” of olive oil, but oops!  You added a tiiiiiny bit too much!  If I’d been a 10-year-old friend of Jade’s (haha, as if), I would have been hiding in the bathroom waiting for my mom to pick me up after the first 15 minutes.  Sure, it’s exciting to be on TV, but not at the cost of soiling myself in her kitchen when she screams at me that I got a teaspoon of flour on the counter or insists at tip-top volume that I appreciate the smell of the lemon in the bowl of beans.  Good Lord, woman.  Calm the fork down. 

Edited by SuzyLee.

Share Post

On 6/25/2017 at 1:04 PM, Westiepeach said:

BUT ... she said her mother is a vegetarian so she always adds another hearty dish so her mother could enjoy it.

So ... she makes a farro dish. She said the word like a hundred times. Whatever. She made it similar to risotto. She added CHICKEN BROTH while it was cooking. Chicken broth.

Then she gave it to her mother and said, "I know you don't eat lamb."

I noticed that as well. I have a sister who is vegan and I would NEVER make a dish with animal products and serve it to her without telling her.  A delicious vegetable stock is easy to make.

Share Post

6 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Good Lord, woman.  Calm the fork down. 

She yells at kids like some people that yell at someone that speaks a different language thinking that will help get the point across. I'm surprised one of the gaggle of kids didn't cut themselves as they were shoving stuff in to the blender to make gelato.   

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, rustyspigot said:

She yells at kids like some people that yell at someone that speaks a different language thinking that will help get the point across. I'm surprised one of the gaggle of kids didn't cut themselves as they were shoving stuff in to the blender to make gelato.   

I just saw this episode this morning. Good grief, she was horrible with those kids! It was worse than I imagined.

Share Post

I watched some of the summer beach shows today. One of the episodes was about Sunday family dinner but Giada's mom wasn't there. Rafi was & her gorgeous sis& brother etc were there but no mom. Man such a pretty family. Frankly, Giada's the homely one (but not really). I just wished her mom would have been there. 

Share Post

They are all beautiful but what makes Giada's mother Veronica stand out for me is her manner -- she's quiet & dignified, pleasant but not so extroverted (or LOUD!) as Giada & Rafi.  They tend to try too hard, whereas Veronica makes more of an impression by just being there without making a fuss.

Share Post