All Episodes Talk: "Boy, Was Spielberg Ever Wrong!"

LATP was such balls for the show. It was a 3 parter in the first half of the second season iirc. And it wasn't too far after The Way We Weren't, which really established the show imo.

Share Post

"Look at the Princess" had its good points and bad. There was probably too much filler in the middle but overall the storyline was fairly cohesive and it introduced some interesting new characters-who sadly did not make any further appearances on the show. One thing it did do is bring in the Scarrans and set up the underlying tensions for the eventual Peacekeeper-Scarran War which made up so much of the storyline for season four and "The Peacekeeper Wars."

Share Post

I'm re-watching the series now.  I'm in season 3.  Just binged through the episodes that take place while John is duplicated.  Whoa.  So good.  My heart was broken over and over again.  Poor TalynJohn.  Poor Aeryn.  Poor MoyaJohn.   But that last scene in "Fractures" -- the episode where both crews are reunited and the recorded TalynJohn tells MoyaJohn about the risk that Scorpius poses -- that last scene when John declares his intention to take down Scorpious' command carrier and Aeryn -- grieving, cold-as-ice Aeryn -- comes to stand beside him.  Chills.  I can't wait for what is to follow.

Man this show was good.

Share Post

Just noticed this was taken off of Netflix in November, it have no notice from the official channels.

Share Post

Well, I finished my binge-watch of the entire series yesterday.  Sigh.  That was a good ride.  It had been long enough that I genuinely could not recall how they got out of many of the fixes that got themselves into, so it was fun all over again.

And then I re-watched the behind-the-scenes footage dealing with the day they announced that Farscape was cancelled and the producer read to the cast and crew a draft of Matt Roush's TV-Guide article condemning the decision.  Oh man.  I remember how much that hurt.  I participated in a small way in the "I Am Farscape" campaign that erupted afterward (contributed to the newspaper ads, wrote a letter to the President of the SciFi channel.)  But I didn't expect it to work.  And while I am VERY grateful for the 3-hour mini-series "Peacekeeper Wars" that they gave us to wrap things up, it still makes me sad that the SciFi channel jerked their core audience around in that way.  But then, I am a die-hard Firefly fan and we all know how that went.  For that matter I was also a die-hard Babylon 5 fan and while that show DID end up getting the five seasons that were originally planned for the long-term story arc, they went through the opposite situation that Farscape went through.  Farscape was renewed for seasons 4 and 5 and a long-term arc was planned, only to have it cut off on a frelling cliff-hanger at the end of season 4.  B5 was told that the show was ending after season 4 so the writers crammed two years of plot into one season . . . and then it was renewed for a 5th season.  As you can imagine, that last season was not its best.

I'm glad I'm not a television writer.  I'd go off like D'argo on a regular basis.  So many stupid decisions.

Well, I had a fun ride and now I'm suffering from post-binge let-down. Time to go watch something non-science-fiction to re-set my brain.  Or better yet, time to turn off the TV and do something else for a while.

Share Post

10 hours ago, millahnna said:

I sent a bra. Or Twelve. 

Were they yours?*

*Asking for a ... friend.

Share Post

For those of you who are interested in reading about "Farscape", here's a critique of each episode by season at The A.V. Club:

http://www.avclub.com/tv/farscape/

Unfortunately, the author of the critiques only reviews seasons 1-3.

Edited by Jacks-Son.

Share Post

On 7/14/2017 at 3:23 PM, Jacks-Son said:

For those of you who are interested in reading about "Farscape", here's a critique of each episode by season at The A.V. Club:

http://www.avclub.com/tv/farscape/

Unfortunately, the author of the critiques only reviews seasons 1-3.

They actually just added reviews for season 4 and the Peacekeeper wars.  Unfortunately, as he is leaving the site, he only had time to do a one season all episodes dump but he does go into a bit of detail about each episode instead of writing it as a season arc type of review.

Share Post

6 hours ago, millahnna said:

They actually just added reviews for season 4 and the Peacekeeper wars.  Unfortunately, as he is leaving the site, he only had time to do a one season all episodes dump but he does go into a bit of detail about each episode instead of writing it as a season arc type of review.

I'm missing my DVD's. They're back in California while I'm stuck in New York for the interim. I used to do a Farscape mainline every few months. The only Farscape video I have is in my Amazon library and that's the "Peacekeeper Wars".  I'm afraid if I start reading the recaps of episodes or watch PK Wars my resolve will crumble and I'll buy another set. Much angst.  :-(  I've watched every single episode multiple times (except "The Choice", that's just too painful") and watched the dreaded "To Be Continued" episode live. I remember lots of screaming at my little 13" TV.

Share Post

44 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I'm missing my DVD's. They're back in California while I'm stuck in New York for the interim. I used to do a Farscape mainline every few months. The only Farscape video I have is in my Amazon library and that's the "Peacekeeper Wars".  I'm afraid if I start reading the recaps of episodes or watch PK Wars my resolve will crumble and I'll buy another set. Much angst.  :-(  I've watched every single episode multiple times (except "The Choice", that's just too painful") and watched the dreaded "To Be Continued" episode live. I remember lots of screaming at my little 13" TV.

I think the whole run is on Youtube. Go check it out if you want to rewatch.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oh. My. God.  What sort of Deviltry is this?  My beloved Farscape on YouTube????  Thank you Sir, you've condemned me to a fortnight of eternal bliss.  ;-D

Share Post

On 7/21/2017 at 5:25 AM, Joe said:

I watched S1 & 2 on YouTube but the format for S3 & 4 wasn't fun. I ended up buying those seasons on Google Play for like $20 each. I can watch them anywhere, DVD's or not.

Share Post