"The View": Week of 3/20/2017

Just a fun hypothetical question for everyone: you know how Jedidiah is hated here and there, what if next season she isn't on....

 

...and she gets replaced by Tomi to fill not only the conservative chair, but the young one as well. How would everyone feel about that?

Share Post


Link to post

That reminds me of people hating on Paula. Now we have Jed. If it's Tomi next year what then?

Share Post


Link to post

We'll hate on her too.

Share Post


Link to post

Speaking of Jedidiah, I've noticed that she's calmed down a bit during the discussions, where she's being more critical of Trump and other things. I wonder if she realizes she's the most expendable of the group (and probably the least popular with the viewers) and she's trying to be a bit more likable so she's not replaced next season, especially if a younger panelist such as Tomi becomes available. I don't see Whoopi and Joy leaving, and Sunny and Sarah (and Paula) are utilized on GMA, so I don't see them removed from the show. 

Share Post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Speaking of Jedidiah, I've noticed that she's calmed down a bit during the discussions, where she's being more critical of Trump and other things. I wonder if she realizes she's the most expendable of the group (and probably the least popular with the viewers) and she's trying to be a bit more likable so she's not replaced next season, especially if a younger panelist such as Tomi becomes available. I don't see Whoopi and Joy leaving, and Sunny and Sarah (and Paula) are utilized on GMA, so I don't see them removed from the show. 

Unless Whoopi changed her mind, she's already been on the record, on other shows, that this is her last season and she's ready to move on. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule.

Share Post


Link to post

I've been watching the View on and off for 18 of its 20 years. If they that racist Tomi whatever the hell her last name is, I will quit for good. I'll take Jediblahdebla over her any day.

Share Post


Link to post

Tomi is not just annoying - hey..if I can put up with Jed, I can put up with anybody - but she's STUNNED. On top of everything else, she just doesn't seem all that bright. 

I don't know why this show finds it so bloody difficult to find a cohesive panel! They are constantly changing people. It's ridiculous! The Talk has had the same panel for years!! Why does this show have to keep adding, subtracting, hiring, firing people? Whose job is this? The producer? Someone needs to start earning their probably disgusting huge pay!

Share Post


Link to post

Yesterday the View ladies raked The Talk ladies over the coals for mispronouncing their names. Today?  No one could be bothered to learn how to pronounce Christina el Moussa's name. 

Edited by Haleth.

Share Post


Link to post

I actually agreed with Jedi for the first--and likely only--time. And it wasn't even one of those faked moments of compassion where she spits out her "deeply, deeply concerned" script either. They were talking about the woman and her daughter dressed in bikinis, and Jedi made the point I was thinking at the time that people--or, rather, women, since this subject seems to only ever come up with women--should not live their lives in constant fear of some pervert/pedophile/rapist out in the ether. I mean, I can get arguing over whether the clothes themselves are inappropriate for an underage girl, but not this hysteria that someone's clothing choices should be subject to some monster on the Internet.

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They were talking about the woman and her daughter dressed in bikinis, and Jedi made the point I was thinking at the time that people--or, rather, women, since this subject seems to only ever come up with women--should not live their lives in constant fear of some pervert/pedophile/rapist out in the ether. I mean, I can get arguing over whether the clothes themselves are inappropriate for an underage girl, but not this hysteria that someone's clothing choices should be subject to some monster on the Internet.

Could you provide more details--what the story was exactly? I'm not sure what wearing bikinis equates to perverts/pedophiles?? Not being snarky. Just, your analogy isn't computing in me feeble brain this morning, and I didn't catch the show (was with the nurse during her home visit).

Thanks!

And good to know I didn't kill the thread after my rant post yesterday, about Wedneday's show!

Share Post


Link to post

The story was about some lady whose last name is Moussa--who I'd never heard of--tweeting out some picture of herself with her preteen daughter (might've been 5-6, I don't really know), and both of them were wearing revealing, matching bikinis. Then the panel talked about if it was inappropriate for a child so young to be dressed that way, which then transitioned into "what about perverts looking at that picture?"

Share Post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The story was about some lady whose last name is Moussa--who I'd never heard of--tweeting out some picture of herself with her preteen daughter (might've been 5-6, I don't really know), and both of them were wearing revealing, matching bikinis. Then the panel talked about if it was inappropriate for a child so young to be dressed that way, which then transitioned into "what about perverts looking at that picture?"

Everyone is guilty of poor judgement at one time or another HOWEVER that doesn't mean you are responsible for anyone's response to that poor judgement.   This is just like blaming a rape victim for wearing a short skirt.

Edited by susieq147.

Share Post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The story was about some lady whose last name is Moussa--who I'd never heard of--tweeting out some picture of herself with her preteen daughter (might've been 5-6, I don't really know), and both of them were wearing revealing, matching bikinis. Then the panel talked about if it was inappropriate for a child so young to be dressed that way, which then transitioned into "what about perverts looking at that picture?"

She was part of a married couple whose very popular HGTV show Flip of Flop, is now in jeopardy due to their messy divorce. 

She took some pictures of herself and her daughter (age 6) in matching bikinis. As far as "perverts looking at that picture", well, unfortunately in this day and age, that's going to happen. I don't know what she was thinking - maybe..she thought it might be "cute?" Who knows? I'm assuming that now, with the backlash she's received, she's probably thinking that it was not a good idea to begin with.

I had a body like that...it was a brief, shining moment when my age (33) all the trips to the gym, the diet I was on...all came together and yes, I had a body like that!! But it didn't last for long. <Sigh> But I still have the photos.....

Share Post


Link to post

As I noted in my post the pics are from a modeling shoot for a line of swimwear.  There is nothing wrong with that, unless the critics think children shouldn't be modeling bathingsuits.

Edited by Haleth.

Share Post


Link to post

Paula was happy that the Republicans in the House weren't voting just along party lines or something like that. Yes, Paula, there is a faction of ultra conservatives (Tea Partiers) who want to make the horrible bill more draconian and restrictive than their fellow Republicans. All of the Republicans in the House want to trash the ACA. Some just want to make health care policy even more awful than their comrades. I'm not a big fan of Paula's reasoning ability.

Edited by Kenz.

Share Post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Paula was happy that the Republicans in the House weren't voting just along party lines or something like that. Yes, Paula, there is a faction of ultra conservatives (Tea Partiers) who want to make the horrible bill more draconian and restrictive than their fellow Republicans. All of the Republicans in the House want to trash the ACA. Some just want to make health care policy even more awful than their comrades. I'm not a big fan of Paula's reasoning ability.

Does Paula not realize the Freedom Caucus (or as I like to call them assholes) always vote together?  If not for them the moderate (aka not totally batshit crazy cruel) Republicans might be able to work with Democrats to improve the ACA.

Share Post


Link to post

I love Fridays without Whoopi!  

There was discussion, humor, exchange of ideas.... I did not feel lectured, or shouted at, no one got schooled on erroneous information.  It was lovely.  

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The story was about some lady whose last name is Moussa--who I'd never heard of--tweeting out some picture of herself with her preteen daughter (might've been 5-6, I don't really know), and both of them were wearing revealing, matching bikinis. Then the panel talked about if it was inappropriate for a child so young to be dressed that way, which then transitioned into "what about perverts looking at that picture?"

Thank @TheGreenKnight! That's just bloody ridiculous!

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Here are the pics:

http://www.eonline.com/news/838222/christina-el-moussa-has-mother-daughter-bikini-shoot-with-child-and-new-boyfriend

It's for a line of "mommy and me" matching swimwear, a modeling shoot.

There is nothing provocative about them. I was surprised Joy was so prudish.  I think they look adorable. 

Oh for Fuck's sake! Those are ADORABLE! And wee girls have been wearing bikinis for YEARS!!!!!🙄🙄🙄 My neighbors' girls wear them! Are we so far gone back to being prudish that now, also thanks to social media, our little girls have to be covered up???😒😒😒😒

Edited by GHScorpiosRule.

Share Post


Link to post

About the healthcare discussion, I was exasperated when Jeb sputtered about the poor 20ish male, who was struggling to get along, having to pay for maternity care. A few did respond with the viagra argument, but not one of them rebutted with concern about the poor 20ish female, who was struggling to get along, having to pay for maternity care, or suffer the dire consequences of not having coverage for an unintended pregnancy (which would have greatly increased if Trumpcare had ever passed resulting in defunding Planned Parenthood along with removing  birth control coverage mandate). I am utterly amazed when conservative women continue to put males' needs ahead of their own gender. 

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

As I noted in my post the pics are from a modeling shoot for a line of swimwear.  There is nothing wrong with that, unless the critics think children shouldn't be modeling bathingsuits.

When I saw that photo I thought, "WOW!  How long ago did she have that baby?"  Her body is fabulous."  (I think the baby is a little over a year old)  Maybe The Ladies of The View should go through some fashion, fitness, and health magazines to see what other inappropriate photos they can fine.  GEEZ!   

As for the scandal of a man and his son being photographed in (the horror!) Speedos!  My boys were on a swim  team from the time they were in kindergarten. It was the Mark Spitz era.  You can be sure they begged for Speedos...in red, white, and blue!   These women get the vapors over the silliest things.

Share Post


Link to post

oh for heaven's sake.

My dad was german ancestry and wore a speedo and we had lake property, so , all normal to me.

In 1972 I was in my 20's on a german beach and REALLY got a look at german speedos.

You have no idea.

On the other hand, I also saw lots of older german women, and I do mean older and not just to a 20 yr old.

Got a revelation......enjoyment of sun, sand and water is not limited to young skinny people.

We really need to get over our obsession with skinny bodies and understand that sometimes it isn't about sex and sometimes it is really about enjoying the benefits of.....sun, sand and water.

Share Post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, kaygeeret said:

oh for heaven's sake.

My dad was german ancestry and wore a speedo and we had lake property, so , all normal to me.

In 1972 I was in my 20's on a german beach and REALLY got a look at german speedos.

You have no idea.

On the other hand, I also saw lots of older german women, and I do mean older and not just to a 20 yr old.

Got a revelation......enjoyment of sun, sand and water is not limited to young skinny people.

We really need to get over our obsession with skinny bodies and understand that sometimes it isn't about sex and sometimes it is really about enjoying the benefits of.....sun, sand and water.

^^^  EXACTLY!!!  ^^^  I couldn't believe where their conversation went.

Share Post


Link to post

A pervert doesn't care what a child wears if he is interested in kids. There are plenty that look at kids in plain jeans and tee shirts. Paula and Joy were wrong in that aspect.

Share Post


Link to post

I think the conversation was supposed to be about the advisability of parents choosing to post pics of their young children inline which may be appropriated by some pervert, sold to other perverts, posted on child pornography web sites, and used for other perverted activities. Not whether the picture/clothing was appropriate or not. 

Share Post


Link to post

And Im glad the ladies of the View decided to comment about the Talk mispronouncing their names  (no doubt spearheaded by Julie)  because whenever Chenbot does an interview she comments about how the View has rotating hosts and that is not what BW intended and nobody knows who they are ect. The View is a mess, but its our mess and she should stop commenting about it. JMO.

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

 

I think the conversation was supposed to be about the advisability of parents choosing to post pics of their young children inline which may be appropriated by some pervert, sold to other perverts, posted on child pornography web sites, and used for other perverted activities

 

But didn't that conversation devolve from The View's featuring an innocent and professional photoshoot for a swimwear line?  I don't think that parent was posting her child's photo online.

Share Post


Link to post

I didn't watch but I assume the photo was shown on the show. So, what was the point? If ABC aired it, aren't they participating in what they were outraged by? Or did they just describe it?

Share Post


Link to post

I don't mind Whoopie but wow can't believe how much better Joy is as a moderator.  

Thought it was funny when Jed was telling a story and Joy was looking at her watch.  Thinking Joy thinks this is story is boring just like me LOL. Really she was reading something about Trump and was very excited about it 

Share Post


Link to post

Oh I love me some Mrs. Joy, she is the reason I still watch this stupid show to tell you the truth, and I thought Joy's little limited series talking with her gal pals at her house was really great, I wish it was still on.  I adore her, and yes you are right, the show is so much better without Whoopie! Team Joy! 

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

And Im glad the ladies of the View decided to comment about the Talk mispronouncing their names  (no doubt spearheaded by Julie)  because whenever Chenbot does an interview she comments about how the View has rotating hosts and that is not what BW intended and nobody knows who they are ect. The View is a mess, but its our mess and she should stop commenting about it. JMO.

I agree. Especially since the only thing they have to pat themselves on the back for is a "stable" panel of human excrement Sharon Osbourne and co-hosts as boring as Sara/Aisha/roboChen. Sheryl is the best they have to offer and even she's predictable. These days I'd be more likely to watch The Real; at least the women seem to really like each other over there since Tamar Braxton left, and they come across more genuine and less pre-planned than The Talk.

4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh I love me some Mrs. Joy, she is the reason I still watch this stupid show to tell you the truth, and I thought Joy's little limited series talking with her gal pals at her house was really great, I wish it was still on.  I adore her, and yes you are right, the show is so much better without Whoopie! Team Joy! 

Joy is still my main reason for watching, but I like Sunny and Sara, too. I don't even mind Whoopi much anymore.

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don't mind Whoopie but wow can't believe how much better Joy is as a moderator.  

You could put a dishrag on a stick and it would do a better job at moderating than Whoopi. Though I don't watch the show much (used to be big fan in the Meredith days) I have seen bits and pieces of Joy as moderator and she does a great job. It helps when the moderator acts like they actually want to be there. And not just for the paycheck...

Share Post


Link to post
On 3/25/2017 at 4:37 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree. Especially since the only thing they have to pat themselves on the back for is a "stable" panel of human excrement Sharon Osbourne and co-hosts as boring as Sara/Aisha/roboChen. Sheryl is the best they have to offer and even she's predictable. These days I'd be more likely to watch The Real; at least the women seem to really like each other over there since Tamar Braxton left, and they come across more genuine and less pre-planned than The Talk.

Joy is still my main reason for watching, but I like Sunny and Sara, too. I don't even mind Whoopi much anymore.

I'd be fine with a panel of just the four of them.  I prefer Joy to Whoopi as moderator and if I have to choose, I'd rather Paula to Jedidiah. 

With all of the political talk, I'm surprised they haven't taken the show on location to DC for a week or two. I'm sure there are quite a few people in DC that would love to join them in person (I hate the satellite interviews). 

Share Post


Link to post
On March 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Haleth said:

As I noted in my post the pics are from a modeling shoot for a line of swimwear.  There is nothing wrong with that, unless the critics think children shouldn't be modeling bathingsuits.

Maybe I should hate to say this, but if it weren't for the mommy part and calling them bikinis, I don't think the little girl's swimwear looks all that unlike little girl's swimwear typically looks. 

Share Post


Link to post

UGH.  Sarah is just the epitome of the dumb blond, except when she's not - not TOO rarely, lately, thank dog.  But really??  She's near 40, gorgeous, apparently an athlete(?), but only became aware of any limitations due to sex during the election?  Wow, what a privileged, ignorant life she lived for over 35 years!  So many women under age 50 are seemingly unaware of the absolute battle that was fought for women's rights in the 70's-90's, that gave them today's opportunities they often take for granted (& then too often vote GOP, which was always the biggest opposition to female liberation.) Heard last week that the Equal Rights Amendment might make it thru soon - only 40 yrs after its introduction...

Katie Holmes glides in like a queen (on her prim wedding day?) then slouches at the table - when she & Sara were doing the riveting quiz, both looked round-shouldered & saggy-boobed.  And coffee- drinking Katie & Sara (yesterday) must've been raised in ignorance of the simple rule to keep your elbows in at the table (& mind your posture!)

O'Reilly's comments were totally uncalled for but slightly expected, given his consistently revolting views (time to invite him back, no doubt- yuck) & Rep. Waters baldly-stated disgust with Trump. Personally, nothing notable about Waters's hair, nonetheless, so tired of hearing that only comedians can tell jokes/insult people - nobody else try to be witty, please, ever.  

I agree that Sunni's intelligence, articulateness, education, & experience are the keys to her professionalism, not her hair - BUT I personally find long tresses strategically placed in front of the shoulders to be messy looking & juvenile, sorry.  Today on CNN an attractive, youngish reporter (Sarah Someone) participated in a panel discussion & I noted her very full wavy hair in front of her shoulders - then the camera shot the panel from behind, showing that her hair had all been dragged forward - to be so appearance obsessed doesn't equate with professionalism IMO.

Share Post


Link to post

You comments are interesting & should be in the week of 3/27/2017 ... just sayin'.

Share Post


Link to post

LOL - thanks, Medicine Crow - an Emily Litella moment, of which I seem to be having too many, lately! Just realized what week we're in (is it 68??) & was going to delete my rantings!  I'll just leave it here where fewer will see it. BTW, I agree with & appreciate most of your posts, carry on!! 

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now