"The View": Week of 3/20/2017

Monday: Sanaa Lathan and Mack Wilds. Also: "View Your Deal."

Tuesday:  Joe Manganiello.

Wednesday: Rachel Maddow; author Bruce Feiler.


Thursday: Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard.

Friday: Anthony Anderson.

Had to get the guests off of TV Guide's site because ABC's site is acting screwy and not showing the daily guest list.

Edited by Jaded.

Share Post


Link to post

I wonder how many people actually watch "View Your Deal?" When it starts, I consider that absolutely permission to give myself more minutes in the day by ff'ing the DVR. I don't need 5 minutes more of commercials during my shows. (And, I do exactly the same thing when any programs I watch think I need their help with what I should buy.) But I'm guessing it must be successful for them since so many daytime shows now have "deal" segments. Ugh.

Share Post


Link to post

Rachel Maddow! So excited for this. An actual Rhodes Scholar on the show to talk politics. Take that, KellyAnne "Deflector" Conway.

Share Post


Link to post

Looking forward to Rachel.  Love her!  She was here at our university a couple years ago and gave a fantastic lecture.  So smart and funny, very enjoyable.  Everyone else booked for this week?  From a whole lot of who? to a whole lot of who cares?

Share Post


Link to post

Whoa!  Joy says something about Friday's conservative guest being pro choice and Whoopie jumps in to say, "I was getting there.  It's Monday.  I'm back."  Insecure much, Whoopie?

Share Post


Link to post

Jeb-no. That bun is not working for you.

Also I think her makeup artist used Homer Simpson's makeup gun to apply her makeup this morning.

Share Post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Rachel Maddow! So excited for this. An actual Rhodes Scholar on the show to talk politics. Take that, KellyAnne "Deflector" Conway.

Definitely appointment teevee!!!

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I wonder how many people actually watch "View Your Deal?"

I confess that I watch but thought I'd NEVER buy.  Their Poo-Pourri deal was so good, I caved.

25 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also I think her makeup artist used Homer Simpson's makeup gun to apply her makeup this morning.

The show isn't on here for another 20min.  I'm going to stop griping about Jedidiah's glowing nose and sticky shiny lips...and just embrace the art. 

Share Post


Link to post

Noticing Jeddi-No-No's hasn't been going into her usual diatribes against those evil, liberal Democrats, Journalists, Judges, Obama (etc) & instead has been agreeing with other panel members regarding Trump's rollback of environmental regulations, his budget which eliminates funding to Meals-On-Wheels, his support of the GOP Health plan which will cause millions of Americans to loose their health insurance.......& wondering if we're seeing this change because her contract is up for renewal?

Share Post


Link to post

Good show today ... not too much cross-talk ... good guests!!!

Share Post


Link to post

I just want to see Jedifoxbot get SCHOOLED  by Rachel. Of course it goes without saying that Jedifoxbot will sport that hyena shit eating grin on her face to play off that it doesn't bother her. But I'LL know, and that is the only thing that matters!😜

And if Whoopi gets so bent because she's not there to pontificate and set trolls or assholes down, then her ass should show up for every show, instead of trying to Monday Morning Quarterback.

Then again, I didn't see today, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.😜😜

Share Post


Link to post

Joy was a tad taken aback when Sunny said that divorce "is against her faith." You could tell she was somewhat "surprised" by that. 

I mean....DIVORCE?!! SERIOUSLY?!!! If I got upset over everybody I knew/met who was in the process of getting one or was already divorced, I'd probably have to go live on an island!

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoa!  Joy says something about Friday's conservative guest being pro choice and Whoopie jumps in to say, "I was getting there.  It's Monday.  I'm back."  Insecure much, Whoopie?

I didn't watch but she actually snapped at Joy. Bitch!

She has snapped at many over the years but she is lucky ABC apparently thinks she's all that because Joy should be THE moderator on this show.

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Definitely appointment teevee!!!

For me too, I wish she would be on Friday though.

Share Post


Link to post

Of course ABC's Special News Report interrupted right at the beginning. Guess I've seen worse from Whoopi, but I didn't think she was snapping, just being low-key grumpy. If her contract's not renewed this year, I expect her to go back to her old crazy the last two-three months of the season.

5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Jeb-no. That bun is not working for you.

Also I think her makeup artist used Homer Simpson's makeup gun to apply her makeup this morning.

At times she looks like a character out of Gumby. So glad she was not in the American Crime guest segment.

5 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Noticing Jeddi-No-No's hasn't been going into her usual diatribes against those evil, liberal Democrats, Journalists, Judges, Obama (etc) & instead has been agreeing with other panel members regarding Trump's rollback of environmental regulations, his budget which eliminates funding to Meals-On-Wheels, his support of the GOP Health plan which will cause millions of Americans to loose their health insurance.......& wondering if we're seeing this change because her contract is up for renewal?

Who knows, but it would be so nice to be rid of Jedidiah. I know they would just replace her with another rabid conservative, and yet it still would be better to have one without Bannon/Breitbart connections. Is it too late to bring back Ana Navarro? What a huge mistake letting her go (and not even using her when they had her).

Share Post


Link to post

If this show passed on Ana Navarro then it was a huge mistake. Or maybe they didn't give her a decent offer. She seems to be the type of person who knows what she wants, when she wants it.

And, even though I might not necessarily agree with her, at least I would respect her for saying her piece and Whoopi wouldn't get away with her bullshit. I think Ana could handle Whoopi just fine.

Or maybe that is what happened. ABC decided that Ana would just be too much for their favorite one to handle.

Share Post


Link to post

Does each lady have her own "stylist" who dresses them before every show or do they pick out their own stuff? I know they have a hair/make-up person but what about clothes? Whoopi obviously has no one or she just doesn't listen anymore?

Whoever thought Jed's bun was a good way to go? You may want to rethink that. Please. Trust me.

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

 

Joy was a tad taken aback when Sunny said that divorce "is against her faith." You could tell she was somewhat "surprised" by that. 

 

I was a Catholic in the "good old days" (1940-1965).  Divorce probably is against the faith...but it is not a sin.  Divorced Catholics are (were?) allowed full access to all sacraments, including Communion.  This, of course, is assuming these devout Catholics were married in the Church.  What was not allowed* was remarriage after divorce.  My father dumped our family in 1949.  The divorce didn't happen until 1955 because that's how long it took her to get the money together (and she probably prayed all her life for him to come back).  She didn't date ever again because it was "an occasion of sin."   Decades later she did tell her divorced daughters that she had made a mistake in staying single.

*Movie stars and The Wealthy somehow worked around any remarriage problems...and eventually any old Catholic could pretty much get an "annulment."

Share Post


Link to post

I doubt Sunny is judging anyone who gets a divorce. It's just something that she would not consider for herself. 

Share Post


Link to post

An aunt of mine got an annulment many years ago. At the time her 3 children were between 18 and 25. What I didn't get was, if the marraige was annuled, what "status", for lack of a better word, did the children have in the eyes if the church?

Share Post


Link to post

So Tomi Lahren says one sane thing in her entire life and gets fired from her day job?  Schadenfreude tastes so good.

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What I didn't get was, if the marraige was annuled, what "status", for lack of a better word, did the children have in the eyes if the church?

Catholic doctrine specifically says that the children of an annulled marriage are considered legitimate. My parents were divorced, and my dad (the Catholic parent) had to get an annulment in order to remarry in the Church. My grandmother would not cooperate with the "investigation" until she received assurances that I would not be considered illegitimate. I'm not Catholic, and neither was my grandma, but I appreciate that she went to bat for me.

Share Post


Link to post

I really like Sunny a lot. Even if she does not approve of divorce or abortion - it is personal for her and she is not judgemental to those that make one of those choices. 

Share Post


Link to post

We used to joke that, since annulment meant that the marriage never happened, the children from an annulled marriage would start to fade, then disappear, like the photo Michael J Fox has of his family in "Back to the Future"  when he interfered with his parents getting together in the past. 

Share Post


Link to post

I’m right there with Joy’s distrust of Comey. I have no confidence in him whatsoever. Considering he did his best to ensure Trump’s election and his clearly biased prioritization of investigations throughout the election, I’m not sure why we should trust he's going to do his job properly here.

Share Post


Link to post

How cute did Sara look in that sweater today!!  What colour is that?  Marigold?

Share Post


Link to post

Did anyone else think Joy seemed a bit flustered talking to Joe Manganiello today.  She seemed quite taken with him....  he is awfully cute (TM Joy "I'm just saying")

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

I doubt Sunny is judging anyone who gets a divorce.

I'd bet she judges Roman Catholics.

20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

 

Edited by Former Nun. Reason: deleted a quote and a comment.

Share Post


Link to post

I didn't know much about Joe Manganiello until I watched this scene from Magic Mike XXL, and I had a whole new appreciation of him. ( I admit that I've watched this a LOT of times. I am a big fan now.) Maybe this was why Joy was flustered around him. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yLoag0O-g&feature=player_embedded

Edited to add that this scene isn't really raunchy, but it is very funny!

Edited by Kenz.

Share Post


Link to post

Re Sara's yellow sweater - as happens way too often w/her, I was totally distracted by its floppy, belled-sleeve-that-waves-at-audience.  Just get fixated on these annoying funnels that she (or stylist) favors, which are even more emphasized by her tendency to talk w/her hands, punch Joy, etc.

Monday I was having trouble telling Sunny apart from Sanaa - VERY alike facially, hair-wise, coloring, & seated side by side - who's who?

Or I'm just gettin' old & crochety!  ANYTHING to keep my mind off exploits of Drumpf gang - & no, I don't trust Comey at all.  We desperately need a special prosecutor.

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

OOH, Kenz,,,thanks for that link...

You're welcome tvaddict44. I like to watch it, maybe a little too much!

Edited by Kenz.

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Kenz said:

I didn't know much about Joe Manganiello until I watched this scene from Magic Mike XXL, and I had a whole new appreciation of him. ( I admit that I've watched this a LOT of times. I am a big fan now.) Maybe this was why Joy was flustered around him. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yLoag0O-g&feature=player_embedded

Edited to add that this scene isn't really raunchy, but it is very funny!

That's hilarious.  Now I want to see the movie to put it in context. Thanks.

Share Post


Link to post

I thought it was hysterical when Rachel Maddox was describing the WH's attempt to distance themselves from Paul Manafort when she said, "uh, we don't even know how to spell Paul."

Share Post


Link to post

As usual, The View doesn't really research a topic before discussing it. What was not mentioned is that the show where this painting is featured, The Whitney Biennial (often referred to as the Whitey Biennial) has long been criticized for their lack of black artists being represented there. Just a few weeks ago Carolyn Bryant Donham, the woman who claimed that Emmet Till whistled at her, admitted that she had lied. Which we all fucking knew anyway. So to have a goddamned white woman paint of picture of him in his casket and have it featured in a show where black artists are poorly represented a few weeks after the damn woman responsible for his death admits her lie with no consequences-well maybe that is why "some people" are upset. Sarah AKA Becky needs to calm the fuck down.

Share Post


Link to post

The View needs to book more guests like Rachel Maddox and stop wasting our time, patience and anti-anxiety meds on vacant Trump surrogates, although they never disappoint because they ALWAYS show up rude, arrogant and so very closed minded. Their views, however, have me gnashing my teeth and screaming at the TV, like a crazy person. I know the show tries to showcase a varied, cross-section of guests, from all walks of life, but these Trump people?!!! They aren't even an intelligent, lively debate! They're people, like Jeffrey Lord - please don't tell me that he's really this stupid? - who, when pressed on CNN about Trump's blatant lies, defended him, causing Anderson Cooper and the rest of the panel to lose their shit in disbelief. 

Thanks to GiveMeSpace for the info on that painting. It's true - the show could try to do a little more in the research department.

If you're a fan of Joy, she's featured in an article in the recent People. I was shocked to find out that she's 74!!!! She looks amazing! And has a really cute little dog!

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

As usual, The View doesn't really research a topic before discussing it. What was not mentioned is that the show where this painting is featured, The Whitney Biennial (often referred to as the Whitey Biennial) has long been criticized for their lack of black artists being represented there. Just a few weeks ago Carolyn Bryant Donham, the woman who claimed that Emmet Till whistled at her, admitted that she had lied. Which we all fucking knew anyway. So to have a goddamned white woman paint of picture of him in his casket and have it featured in a show where black artists are poorly represented a few weeks after the damn woman responsible for his death admits her lie with no consequences-well maybe that is why "some people" are upset. Sarah AKA Becky needs to calm the fuck down.

Thanks GiveMeSpace for the info. It would be nice if they had given more context before diving in and commenting.

Share Post


Link to post

The story Joy told about the trucker with the frozen trailer brakes was a bit convoluted ... I don't think he went home ... he just unhooked from the trailer & drove the tractor til his feet warmed up ... & he was fired for THAT!!!  Gorsuch backed the company who fired him!!!  (I didn't look up the story, but that's the impression I got from Al Franken's questions yesterday.  Al said his decision was "absurd"!!  Here's the link for anyone interested.

https://thinkprogress.org/watch-al-frankens-shut-down-gorsuch-s-cruel-decision-in-the-frozen-trucker-case-601ffbc39118#.dvgz54y9u

Share Post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

The story Joy told about the trucker with the frozen trailer brakes was a bit convoluted ... I don't think he went home ... he just unhooked from the trailer & drove the tractor til his feet warmed up ... & he was fired for THAT!!!  Gorsuch backed the company who fired him!!!  (I didn't look up the story, but that's the impression I got from Al Franken's questions yesterday.  Al said his decision was "absurd"!!  Here's the link for anyone interested.

https://thinkprogress.org/watch-al-frankens-shut-down-gorsuch-s-cruel-decision-in-the-frozen-trucker-case-601ffbc39118#.dvgz54y9u

The Supreme Court overturned a Gorsuch ruling today, in the middle of his confirmation hearings.  Unanimously.

Share Post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The Supreme Court overturned a Gorsuch ruling today, in the middle of his confirmation hearings.  Unanimously.

Talk about awkward timing!

Share Post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

The story Joy told about the trucker with the frozen trailer brakes was a bit convoluted ... I don't think he went home ... he just unhooked from the trailer & drove the tractor til his feet warmed up ... & he was fired for THAT!!!  Gorsuch backed the company who fired him!!!  (I didn't look up the story, but that's the impression I got from Al Franken's questions yesterday.  Al said his decision was "absurd"!!  Here's the link for anyone interested.

https://thinkprogress.org/watch-al-frankens-shut-down-gorsuch-s-cruel-decision-in-the-frozen-trucker-case-601ffbc39118#.dvgz54y9u

Another heartless nominee from Trump.

Share Post


Link to post

I’m assuming the only person’s name The Talk could’ve mispronounced is the monster sitting at the right end of the table. I hope they said Bile-a, because Bile would be an appropriate name for her.

Share Post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hope they said Bile-a, because Bile would be an appropriate name for her.

They did!  That's how Sara pronounced it, and she was right!

Share Post


Link to post

Damn. I was hoping Jedifoxbot would be her normal nasty self so that Rachel could wipe the floor with her. But I guess she has some working brain cells because she knew she wouldn't be able to pull her yelling, talking over others HORSESHIT she normally does. Instead, I had to lie in my bed, 🙄🙄🙄🙄 while Jedifoxbot pretended sympathy for Rachel and wanted to get her take on the piece Rachel did on the 🍊 💩 2005 return.

That said, despite the two SPECIAL REPORT News interruptions, none of Rachel's appearance was cut.

But Jedifoxbot can just STFU about not wanting the SCOTUS to have any empathy-and just "follow the law." Really? Like follow the law when slavery was legal? 😒😒

I'm too doped up on my verrrry goood druuuuuuugs pain meds right now to make a cogent and coherent argument or provide more examples to prove what an imbecilic ignorant maroon Jedifoxbot was being. I mean, what about Brown vs. The Board of Education?

Anyhoo, what the FUCK was that hairstyle? A single braid down the side of her fatuous head?

The one time I wanted her frothing and to be put down by someone intelligent (that would be Rachel in this instance), and she of the hyena laugh, fails to deliver.😒😒 it's as if she knew I was going to watch and deliberately thwarted me from wanting to get what I wanted!

And sorry-with the news conference of the Guy whose brakes had failed and he was stuck in below freezing weather-that lead to his firing (for wanting to stay alive, and who later and ultimately did make the delivery) all over the internet, there was NO FUCKING EXCUSE to get any of the facts of this case wrong, as BOTH Joy AND Sunny did!

Or the fact that "on paper" GorSUCK(intentional!!!!😜) Looks good, but believes and has said that women "abuse and take advantage of maternity leave" wasn't brought up! His "oh golly, oh gee, mah goodness!" Responses that Trevor Noah mocked so brilliantly, had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄. 

And Whoopi with her typical clear as mud stance- did she think that asshole should be given a fair chance? Or is she with Rachel, who said the Dems should walk out and filibuster? Cuz she was saying and agreeing to both! Pick a side, Whoopster.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule.

Share Post


Link to post

Passive-aggressive much, show?

Yes, Sara Gilbert did mispronounce the names. I didnt catch the Jed pronunciation, but she said "Sara Hines" and "Sunny Hoe-stin".

Still, no need for a correction. I'd like The Talk to make corrections for everything The View says incorrectly. 

Share Post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Still, no need for a correction. I'd like The Talk to make corrections for everything The View says incorrectly. 

But that would leave only 45 seconds of their show to discuss other topics ...

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now