13 Reasons Why in The Media

I’m bummed bc it is being released so close to summer. I want students of all ages who might watch be able to go and talk to someone they trust, and with a May 18th date, that’s real late for some school districts. I wish they had released the season in March.

Share Post

New S2 trailer:

13 Reasons Why soundtrack will be released on May 18:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo.

Share Post

God, this schools needs better counselors. 

Share Post

Dylan Minnette, Alisha Boe, Christian Navarro, Devin Druid, & Ross Butler discuss S2 of 13 Reasons Why:

Share Post

Hey everyone! I thought that I would share this with you, it is the breakdown of Season 2 & all of the trigger warnings that are involved.

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

https://bit.ly/2GFtUmk 

Share Post

Nielsen released some of the ratings info for 13 Reasons Why

(there is also a more detailed chart at the source)

The second season of Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why drew an average minute audience of 2.6 million in the U.S. during the first three days of its May 18 debut, according to figures released by Nielsen.

The premiere episode of Season 2 pulled in 6 million viewers in three days, Nielsen said.

While Netflix and other streaming players don’t share ratings information directly, Nielsen has broken through recently with its SVOD Content Ratings, which shed some light on who is streaming what on multiple services.

Viewership of the show, which details the path that leads to a teenager’s suicide, was markedly young and female. About 65% of its first-weekend audience was female, Nielsen said. And while Netflix’s The Crown attracts an audience that is 75% aged 35 and older, 13 Reasons has the exact opposite profile, with 75% of its viewers being 34 and under. Of those under 34, 52% were between 18 and 34.

Binge-watching also defined the season’s launch, with viewers tuning into an average of four episodes each during the initial weekend, Nielsen said.

Share Post

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled about a season 2 in the first place, and I'm even less thrilled by a season three. They also didn't set up a season 3 well enough for me to be interested in any of the future stories. Plus, season 3 is going to just be another teen drama, and I'm good on those.

Share Post

On ‎06‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Last Time Lord said:

Kinda feeling like this should be the final season. Use this to wrap up dangling plot threads and get some closure on everyone’s stories. 

Agreed. If the writers hadn't chosen to end season 2 with all these cliffhangers, then the show should have ended with the season 2 finale. However, since I hate it when shows end on cliffhangers, I'm glad we will get a third season which will hopefully properly wrap all the open storylines and find a fitting ending for the show. I guess season 2 wasn't really necessary in the first place but I still enjoyed watching it. Not everything worked (ghost Hannah being the biggest failure IMO) but I loved that there was much more a sense of community and friendship in season 2. In season 1 every character was so isolated and now they have all come a bit closer together. Plus I never imagined that a brotherly relationship between Clay and Justin could work but it really did and was one of the highlights of season 2 for me. I also enjoyed season 2 because of the actors' performances. In particular, Alisha Boe, Dylan Minnette, Miles Heizer, Brandon Flynn, Kate Walsh and Derek Luke all did a fine job with their respective roles.

So let's hope that season 3 will provide a satisfying ending. There really shouldn't be a season 4.

Share Post

An Emmy nomination:

Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program - Talk to the Reasons

Share Post