Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

9, 10 gone!

Favorite Episode Openers - Season 1

1.  Pilot - Lorelai's got a problem.  "Please, Luke, please, please, please."  Luke is an angel.  "You've got wings, baby."  Joey wants to date Lorelai and/or Rory.  "She's sixteen."  "Bye!"

3.  Kill Me Now - FND.  Mira, or maybe Sarah, makes a lovely cassoulet.  Rory has to pick a team sport to play for Chilton.  Emily decides Richard is going to take Rory golfing, as she can use Lorelai's golf clubs.  "They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential."

4.  The Deer Hunters - The girls are shopping for school supplies.  Rory can't have festive paper at a serious school.  "Here are you somber highlighters, your maudlin pencils, your manic-depressive pens."  Rory leaves before they can stage an intervention for the neon post-its.  

5.  Cinnamon's Wake - FND.  Richard is away on business.  Lorelai wonders if the firm is insuring Nazis now.  Cousin Claudia has died.  Lorelai has no recollection of meeting Cousin Claudia, and possibly of man walking on the moon.  "So you're not going?" "Not this time." "I don't think Claudia's planning to die a second time."

6.  Rory's Birthday Parties - FND.  Richard & Emily's lawyer is coming by tomorrow.  They want Rory and Lorelai to put post-its on anything they want to get willed to them when R&E die.  There's pudding.  Lorelai wants to talk to Emily alone about Rory's party.  Emily should sit down.  "but not there, OK? We got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice."

7.  Kiss and Tell - Lorelai hasn't had any clean underwear for three days.  It's kinda nice, breezy.  Luke refuses to decorate the diner for Thanksgiving.  He's busy arguing with Taylor so Lorelai gets her own coffee and muffin.  "Oh, yeah, here's a tip -- serve your customers!"  "Here's another -- don't sit on any cold benches!"

8.  Love and War and Snow - Town Meeting.  Andrew argues that having lava lamp in his store is not peddling drug paraphernalia.  "There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs." "Oh, for crying out loud."  They discuss the Revolutionary War Reenactment.  Luke loses it.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up! They should've been wearing prom dresses."

13.  Concert Interruptus - Lorelai is trying to find something to donate to the town rummage sale, but insists that everything in her closet gets worn.  "It's got rhinestones and zebra stripes.  Tassels."  "Okay, I’ve had this since I was 17." "Okay, I’m sorry, did I mention the tassels?"

14.  That Damn Donna Reed - Dean comes over.  The girls are watching the incomparable Donna Reed Show.  Dean brought pizza . . . and a salad.   "It's a quaint dish sometimes used to precede large quantities of pizza."  Dean makes the mistake of saying Donna Reed's television life doesn't seem so bad.  "You are no longer late for dinner. You're just extremely early for breakfast."  "Not saying a word."

18.  The Third Lorelai - FND.  The girls are quiet.  Richard just got off the phone, long distance.  "God?"  "London."  "God lives in London?"  "My mother lives in London."  "Your mother is God?  So God is a woman, and a relative.  That's so cool!  I'm gonna  totally ask for favors."  Emily excuses herself to freak out after finding out Gran is coming to visit.

19.  Emily in Wonderland - FND.  Rory needs baby pictures for a project at school.  Emily doesn't have any baby pictures of Lorelai, since Lorelai burned them all.  Emily needs to find a new source for good antiques, since Peg Mosley found out all of her favorite places and wiped them all out.  Rory offers to take her to Kim's Antiques on Saturday.  Lorelai is working.  "No one is asking you to do anything, Lorelai. This is between Rory and me."

20.  P.S. I Lo... - The girls play 1-2-3 He's Yours to take their mind off things.  Lorelai passes up two perfectly good prospects and has to settle for Kirk.  "Daddy!"  Luke offers his congratulations.  "Mom, quick, he's leaving!"  "Oh no, Kirk come back, I love you!"

21.  Love, Daisies, and Troubadours - Lorelai is startled awake by Luke hammering on her porch rail at 6 am.  'Luke, we sleep around here. Okay, we like it. It makes us pretty and keeps us from killing our crazy friends."  She accidentally locks herself out of the house and has to yell for Rory to come open the door.  Babette comes out and tells her she's waking up the whole neighborhood.  "Lorelai, sugar, please!"

Share Post

4, 19 out!

1.  Pilot - Lorelai's got a problem.  "Please, Luke, please, please, please."  Luke is an angel.  "You've got wings, baby."  Joey wants to date Lorelai and/or Rory.  "She's sixteen."  "Bye!"

3.  Kill Me Now - FND.  Mira, or maybe Sarah, makes a lovely cassoulet.  Rory has to pick a team sport to play for Chilton.  Emily decides Richard is going to take Rory golfing, as she can use Lorelai's golf clubs.  "They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential."

5.  Cinnamon's Wake - FND.  Richard is away on business.  Lorelai wonders if the firm is insuring Nazis now.  Cousin Claudia has died.  Lorelai has no recollection of meeting Cousin Claudia, and possibly of man walking on the moon.  "So you're not going?" "Not this time." "I don't think Claudia's planning to die a second time."

6.  Rory's Birthday Parties - FND.  Richard & Emily's lawyer is coming by tomorrow.  They want Rory and Lorelai to put post-its on anything they want to get willed to them when R&E die.  There's pudding.  Lorelai wants to talk to Emily alone about Rory's party.  Emily should sit down.  "But not there, OK? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice."

7.  Kiss and Tell - Lorelai hasn't had any clean underwear for three days.  It's kinda nice, breezy.  Luke refuses to decorate the diner for Thanksgiving.  He's busy arguing with Taylor so Lorelai gets her own coffee and muffin.  "Oh, yeah, here's a tip -- serve your customers!"  "Here's another -- don't sit on any cold benches!"

8.  Love and War and Snow - Town Meeting.  Andrew argues that having lava lamp in his store is not peddling drug paraphernalia.  "There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs." "Oh, for crying out loud."  They discuss the Revolutionary War Reenactment.  Luke loses it.  "Twelve guys stood in a row all night waiting for an enemy that never showed. They got stood up! They should've been wearing prom dresses."

13.  Concert Interruptus - Lorelai is trying to find something to donate to the town rummage sale, but insists that everything in her closet gets worn.  "It's got rhinestones and zebra stripes.  Tassels."  "Okay, I’ve had this since I was 17." "Okay, I’m sorry, did I mention the tassels?"

14.  That Damn Donna Reed - Dean comes over.  The girls are watching the incomparable Donna Reed Show.  Dean brought pizza . . . and a salad.   "It's a quaint dish sometimes used to precede large quantities of pizza."  Dean makes the mistake of saying Donna Reed's television life doesn't seem so bad.  "You are no longer late for dinner. You're just extremely early for breakfast."  "Not saying a word."

18.  The Third Lorelai - FND.  The girls are quiet.  Richard just got off the phone, long distance.  "God?"  "London."  "God lives in London?"  "My mother lives in London."  "Your mother is God?  So God is a woman, and a relative.  That's so cool!  I'm gonna totally ask for favors."  Emily excuses herself to freak out after finding out Gran is coming to visit.

20.  P.S. I Lo... - The girls play 1-2-3 He's Yours to take their mind off things.  Lorelai passes up two perfectly good prospects and has to settle for Kirk.  "Daddy!"  Luke offers his congratulations.  "Mom, quick, he's leaving!"  "Oh no, Kirk come back, I love you!"

21.  Love, Daisies, and Troubadours - Lorelai is startled awake by Luke hammering on her porch rail at 6 am.  'Luke, we sleep around here. Okay, we like it. It makes us pretty and keeps us from killing our crazy friends."  She accidentally locks herself out of the house and has to yell for Rory to come open the door.  Babette comes out and tells her she's waking up the whole neighborhood.  "Lorelai, sugar, please!"

Share Post

3, 21 out!  We're going to continue to vote against two until we're down to the top three, then we're going to move on to Season 2.  At the end of all the seasons we're going to pit the top three from each against each other.

6.  Rory's Birthday Parties - FND.  Richard & Emily's lawyer is coming by tomorrow.  They want Rory and Lorelai to put post-its on anything they want to get willed to them when R&E die.  There's pudding.  Lorelai wants to talk to Emily alone about Rory's party.  Emily should sit down.  "But not there, OK? We've got a post-it on that. We'd like to keep it nice."

18.  The Third Lorelai - FND.  The girls are quiet.  Richard just got off the phone, long distance.  "God?"  "London."  "God lives in London?"  "My mother lives in London."  "Your mother is God?  So God is a woman, and a relative.  That's so cool!  I'm gonna totally ask for favors."  Emily excuses herself to freak out after finding out Gran is coming to visit.

Share Post

13, 18 it is!  

Share Post

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This suddenly got really hard. 

That's what she said!

(ignore me, I need to laugh today)

Share Post

5 (nooo!) and 8 (nooo!) goners.  Last time voting for S1.

Share Post

29 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

5 (nooo!) goners.  

I am judging all of you who voted against 5!

1, 14

Share Post

1, 7

2 hours ago, deaja said:

I am judging all of you who voted against 5!

1, 14

me too!!! I wanted that to win. One of my favorite Emily scenes and probably my favorite opener ever. 

Share Post