All Episodes Talk: This is horrible, this is officially horrible.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:30 AM, Toothbrush said:

So far Legendary Locations has been Josh narrating but not really involved in the story itself. Most likely he filmed the whole order in one go. 

Yeah, it looks like the easiest job Josh has had.  He just stands in front of his globe and does some narration.  Unfortunately, this is lacking the best component of Josh Gates shows (IMO):

Where Josh interacts with the natives and gets a taste of the local culture.

Share Post

I saw where this summer (May 29th?) the show will air new episodes on the Discovery Channel. 

Wonder if this is just a summer change, or if new seasons will be shown on the Discovery Channel from now on?

Share Post

Are they actual new episodes, or old episodes that haven't aired on the Discovery Channel? The Travel Channel is airing several years' old 'Destination Truth' episodes and they are listed as new in the channel guide since they originally aired on SyFy. They also changed the name to Josh Gates' Destination Truth, I guess to catch the attention of Expedition Unknown/Josh Gates fans.  

Share Post

19 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

They also changed the name to Josh Gates' Destination Truth, I guess to catch the attention of Expedition Unknown/Josh Gates fans.  

Besides, the name change makes them all the more new!  

;)

Share Post

3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Besides, the name change makes them all the more new!  

;)

And I guess they all get royalties for this "new" old show. I'd love to get paid again for work I did almost 10 years ago!

Share Post

Just saw an ad for new episodes/new season on Discovery channel starting Tuesday at 10 pm.

Share Post

On 2/22/2017 at 6:59 PM, Ananayel said:

A place to talk about the episodes. I'll start us off.

My least favorite: True Cross

My most favorite: Robin Hood

Best moment: When he gets the satellite phone call that he's going to be a dad, and cries happy tears. I'm a sap.

I also like the DB Cooper episode, and the mammoth hunt.

Those are all my favorites too, including Roanoke,  the greece ep, the extended alien hunt, and the NASA visits were quite cool.  The extended Yeti hunt.....wow i could on.  I do enjoy the global game shows for a light ep

Share Post

17 hours ago, Steff said:

Just saw an ad for new episodes/new season on Discovery channel starting Tuesday at 10 pm.

Yeah Discovery is running a big marathan beforehand.  My theory on Legendary Locations.  This isnt the first time theyve run. I recall the first couple eps aired some time ago and then they stopped.  Now there is renewed interest.  Im interested.  But basically all it is, is a clip show.

Share Post

On 5/26/2018 at 8:58 PM, Steff said:

I'm confused.  I thought they ran new episodes on the Travel Channel now.  Did they move it back to Discovery?

Share Post

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I'm confused.  I thought they ran new episodes on the Travel Channel now.  Did they move it back to Discovery?

Yep, theyre playing the syndication march game.  Contracts are up, Discovery must have made a great offer and $BAM$ we get a network change.  I just wonder if Travel Chan will have rights to repeats, and i hope Discovery budgeted for new shows. I miss the new shows.   Josh started out on SCI-FI first i believe, was on MTV for different eps,  then was with Travel for a long time.  I hope Discovery is good to them, and they will be good for Discovery.

Share Post

Just fyi, also saw where the Animal Planet channel is also running EU old eps.  They must have hit the syndication goldmine.  Oh well, more for us 😄

Share Post

On 5/26/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tammee said:

I do enjoy the global game shows for a light ep

I don't really like the game shows because they're just glorified reruns.  The only interesting parts are the game show segments.  Most of the questions are pretty easy, but sometimes the only reason I know the answers is because I've seen the Expedition Unknown episodes in question.  Which is something the contestants don't have the benefit of, I gather.

Share Post

7 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

My DVR didn't pick up a new episode. Was it a new episode, or was it one new to the Discovery channel? The only big discovery I can think of was the Spanish shipwreck treasure; was it a repeat of that one? 

Edited by Toothbrush.

Share Post

13 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

My DVR didn't pick up a new episode. Was it a new episode, or was it one new to the Discovery channel? The only big discovery I can think of was the Spanish shipwreck treasure; was it a repeat of that one? 

It was a new one.  They found an undiscovered Mayan pyramid & an previously unknown causeway/road. 

Share Post

19 minutes ago, Steff said:

It was a new one.  They found an undiscovered Mayan pyramid & an previously unknown causeway/road. 

Oh crap. My season pass is not picking up the DC shows even though I have it set for any channel as long as it is a first run. I will look for the repeat. Thanks! 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Steff said:

Okay, that’s amusing— when I saw the ads (biggest discovery!), I figured they’d come across something physically large but not particularly important, like a giant sand dune.  

I guess I was half correct ... pyramids are usually large ...

Share Post

2 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Oh crap. My season pass is not picking up the DC shows even though I have it set for any channel as long as it is a first run. I will look for the repeat. Thanks! 

Yes, it was a 2 parter, second part is tonight.  The legend of the mayan snake king.  Was pretty interesting.  So wild to think we are sitting atop so much history

Share Post

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yes, it was a 2 parter, second part is tonight.  The legend of the mayan snake king.  Was pretty interesting.  So wild to think we are sitting atop so much history

Thank you so much! I set up the repeat of both parts to be recorded Saturday. I was going to be mad if they finally found something & I missed it! 

Share Post

Good, glad you got it set up.  I would have been pissed too.  Theres also an 'after the hunt' special that airs right after the ep. So its actually a 2 hour ep.  Same with part 1.

Share Post

Is it just me, or are the recent global game show questions really easy? Like they shouldn't even be multiple choice. 

Share Post

On 6/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Is it just me, or are the recent global game show questions really easy? Like they shouldn't even be multiple choice. 

Yeah i dont think it was like that in the beginning.  Not as much fun when people walk away stumped and empty handed hah.  I just wonder when Ill be in the right place at the rignt time for a stab at it

Share Post

On 6/8/2018 at 9:58 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Most of them are, but they throw a hard one in once in a while.  Especially if you aren't familiar with the subject matter.  And I saw an episode a few weeks back where they dropped the multiple choice after the first round.

Share Post