All Episodes Talk: #TheEarthIsDoomed

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

I remember thinking this show had a lot of potential in the first season, then totally went to crap when they replaced the protagonist in the second and then changed the premise of the show...

Share Post

10 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I remember thinking this show had a lot of potential in the first season, then totally went to crap when they replaced the protagonist in the second and then changed the premise of the show...

That's what I remember as well.  Is it on any service where it can be re-viewed? Because I can't do this from memory. :-)

Share Post

Yeah, another show that was vastly different at the end than when it started.

Share Post

I remember watching this. At least the first four seasons. I quit at the start of the fifth season when they completely changed the premise of the show.

Share Post

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

That's what I remember as well.  Is it on any service where it can be re-viewed? Because I can't do this from memory. :-)

I think I saw an ep or two on YouTube. The one was pointless, a box within a box and everyone talked like chipmunks.

Share Post

I was just re-reading the Wikipedia entry for this show. What a convoluted mess it became. I liked the first season, with William Boone (played by Kevin Kilner). I think I watched the second season, but after that I lost interest.

Share Post

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I was just re-reading the Wikipedia entry for this show. What a convoluted mess it became. I liked the first season, with William Boone (played by Kevin Kilner). I think I watched the second season, but after that I lost interest.

The show was cost conscious and when actors started bellyaching or making demands, they were jettisoned like space waste! Only Sandoval survived all 5 seasons! ;-)

Share Post

I remember eagerly anticipating every episode of Season 1. It was dense, raised fascinating moral, psychological  and sociological questions.  Season 2 with the end of Boone and (as, or more, importantly) the end of the Roddenberry outline, Tribune's mucking made the show adrift - trivial, without vision and aimed at a 13 year old demo.

Share Post