S01.E07: HOMECOMING! 2014.04.27

Seizing their opportunity to speak directly to the kidnapper, Finley and Dunn become one of the parent missions. Meanwhile, Widener continues to collaborate with TJS on a brutal plan to take out their former associate Gibson.

Share Post

God, those kids are stupid and annoying.  Am I really supposed to take the time to care about this Upstairs, Downstairs romance between the president's son and the "tuition relief" daughter of Gibson? 

Not one kid among the group has started to wonder if maybe Mr. CIA is involved in this?  The other chaperone (statutory rapist teacher) doesn't keep disappearing, so don't they wonder where Gibson goes or why, despite the fact he keeps getting hauled off by the kidnappers, he's not further harmed?

But I am getting reinvested in the hunt for the kidnappers, thanks to Finley and his partnership with Dunn.  I hate Gibson more and more each week, though.  It was nice seeing things finally not go according to his plan - and I cracked up when he reached up in the midst of gunfire to save his precious notebook.  Although it was a relief for them not to be omnipotent for once, the inconsistency is hard to swallow; after everything they've pulled off, they suddenly can't keep a phone call untraceable for more than 15 seconds?

Share Post

I agree this whole thing relies to heavlily on the kids just being idiots especially the presidents son. (Kyle) Killing Hurst was off the charts dumb no matter what he thought the situation was.

Finely is pretty badass though and Ilike that.

Share Post

Never assume a super soldier is sedated or necessarily grateful to you.

Also, i thought it was going to turn out that, since the orders were to capture the soldier alive, all the weapons would have only dumdum bullets and so Hearst would be stunned, maybe a couple of ribs broken, but not dead.

Also, if i were to suddenly find myself with a gone while captured by apparent hardcore types, i wouldn't return to their presence, i'd use said gun to break out.

Also, good to see Hunter working again.

Share Post

So this is what the retooling gave us? Ridiculous. I don't even know why I bothered watching again. I guess because Max Martini is hot, but that's not going to keep me invested for long.

Had we seen the floppy-haired kidnapper without the mask before?

Share Post

Had we seen the floppy-haired kidnapper without the mask before?

Yes, we had. I had noted at the time that he was decidedly less attractive than any of the other bad guys, so therefore he must be REALLY bad, and also a creeper, which did turn out tgo be true. As far as the retooling goes, I think they misunderstood themission and decided to make all the characters more like tools.

Share Post

This was truly a cringe-worthy episode. What does it say when I actually prefer the kidnapper to those awful, entitled kids? If this get renewed and the vastly superior even if you compared its worst episode to Crisis' best episode Hannibal, NBC will have truly lost whatever credibility it has left as a network.

Share Post

What a ridiculous show. I've been glibly paying attention to it but this episode is the first one to actively annoy me. Everyone has become even dumber, there's apparently a romance going on in the midst of the CRISIS, it's all just ridiculous. 

Share Post