All Episodes Talk: (St)Inking Good

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

Oy. I didn't want to be fussed to request a forum but now that it's here ... what a crap show.

The tattoos aren't even that good. Viewers who like to mock drama queen may find something more to like.

Please stop pretending that clients can walk in without an appointment and immediately be given a 5-hour tattoo.

And vaginal piercing, really? They can hardly show the process or the result, and scenes of pained screaming aren't exactly illuminating. Same for the penis tattoo. (Although I was very curious how that turned out.)

Edited by Lord Donia.

Share Post

Not impressed. Overly scripted, in a bad way. If they are going to highlight an all-female cast, why not have it be positive? I watched for the tattoos but even those are terrible (except for the new gal this week). Bragging about doing 20 tats a day and having another tattooer finish your tat because you have to run over to your dad's house are both embarrassing business practices. I can't believe Kelsey agreed to those story lines. I DVR the show and FF through the fakery and watch the tattooing but I'm not sure if I can even hang in for that.

Share Post

I only watch TLC shows when they repeat in the morning because it is one of a couple of stations I pick from to have on as background for getting ready. That said ~ They keep saying how professional they are and I have yet to see it. Tattoos are not good either so the shop doesn't seem to have much to offer but maybe this is more the norm and I'm just not aware of how bad shops generally are.

Share Post

I go to an all-female shop. They are very professional, fun and wonderful artists. If any of them acted like these idiots I would walk out in a hot second.

Share Post

I think it is great that the woman has her own business at age 23-but other than that, I can't stand any of them. They all act very juvenile and the tattoos do not appear to be that good. They are also trying to tell us they leave in the middle of a tattoo, complete large tattoos in a few hours so they can go pick up their kids, and they all seem to lack confidence. I cannot stand the one who is supposedly afraid of boys and who was giggling and blushing over a penis tattoo. I like the idea of an all girls shop, but wouldn't go near this one. 

Share Post

Who's editting this mess? You can't follow up a segment where an artist is all "I hope I can finish this, because we're totally booked" with a casual scene where not much is going on and that's clearly not the case.

Share Post

I looked at their Yelp page, they have terrible reviews. A lot of people said that the tattoos they have gotten are terrible. 

Edited by Suzy123.

Share Post

I have no idea why TLC is filming this shop if their reviews are so bad. If it is because they are all female, they have many other opportunities in other states. Like I said, the shop I use in Phoenix is all female and is consistently one of the top-rated. But then I guess there are few legit business owners who are willing to disrupt their businesses and play fake story lines for the short-lived TLC gravy train.

Share Post

Nickie, the one who is afraid of boys, has the worst attitude imaginable.  I don't know why the owner would put up with her.  But then this show seems to be mostly about interpersonal rivalries and cattiness.

i've watched and enjoyed a lot of  tattoo shows (LA Ink, Miami Ink, NY Ink, Ink Master).  What I enjoy is seeing the amazing artistry.  I endure the interpersonal drama if the art is good.  Tattoo Girls is off my DVR.

Share Post

After watching a few episodes, I think I like Kelsey but the rest of the girls are awful. I don't know why Kelsey puts up with her employees arguing in front of clients, walking out over every little thing and generally acting so unprofessional. I especially cannot stand Nikki and she seems to be the focus on the show. I noticed every single person seems to be either called a lead or a manager. How can you have four or five leads/managers in a shop that small.

In last night's episode, Nikki said she doesn't know if Kelsey should be the boss-WTF? IF she owns the place, she is the boss. I would kick her ass out if she had that kind of attitude with me. The new tattooer, Liz seems talented but was obviously brought on the stir up shit. If she was brought in to teach the girls, Kelsey should have been clear on what her responsibilities are and in what way she will teach them.

I haven't seen one tattto that I was really impressed with on the show, and I am not interested in watching Nikki go on dates. She has a really high opinion of herself and that coupled with her 'fear of boys", is an annoying combination.

Share Post

They like to characterize the city of Springfield as a backward, repressive place, but if it's so repressive and backward, how does their shop stay in business and keep a staff of four or five tattoo artists busy enough to earn a living?  I'm sure there are also other tattoo shops in the area, so it sounds as if tattooing is just as acceptable and popular there as it is other places.

Their tattoos are marginal at best and the storylines are ridiculous.  Nikki is overweight, unattractive, and supposedly afraid of men, yet she seems to be getting all the dating action?  Give me a break.  The staff has daily cat fights and magnify every slight so that it becomes an issue, yet they claim to be friends and like a family?  

No, just no.  I hoped the program was getting off to a slow start, but every episode gets worse so it's officially off my DVR.  

Share Post

On 2/22/2017 at 4:02 PM, MonicaM said:

They like to characterize the city of Springfield as a backward, repressive place, but if it's so repressive and backward, how does their shop stay in business and keep a staff of four or five tattoo artists busy enough to earn a living?

They have a gimmick to bring people in.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, Madding crowd said:

I haven't seen one tattto that I was really impressed with on the show, and I am not interested in watching Nikki go on dates.

They've got to do something to fill the time they're not using to show us the tattoos. The shots we get are pretty brief compared to what other shows have done, so I'm guessing the producers aren't impressed with the work either. Is that why they've really brought in Liz? A tattoo show that gives short shrift to the tattoos can't last.

Share Post

Horrible! I have yet to see a decent-looking tattoo by anyone except maybe Liz. 

Share Post