Jump to content

Hmmmm, Leah and Mike?

First: I think Leah is smart, funny, beautiful, and is brilliant and brave to do what she (and others,) are doing. She's a hero, and I salute her! Totally off that subject: Beside the wonderful on-air collaboration with Mike, I'm wondering if they have developed some "feelings" for each other? She's admitted that she's a flirt, but in one episode she touched (his face?) in a way that only a woman in love would. I know he's married, and I although he obviously cares for her deeply, I'm not sure that I see the same look in his eyes, that I see in hers. Honestly, I am NOT judging her in the least!! I understand how easily two people who have shared the same nightmare as they have, would connect on an intimate, emotional level that could lead to developing feelings for each other. Please understand, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just wondered if I'm totally off base here, or do other fans see what I see?

2

Share Post


Link to post

Hmmm....Well I haven't given it a thought because she is after all an actress. Not saying she isn't authentic here. I feel she was. I think they spent a lot of time together bonding through the common pain. I imagine they spent a whole lotta time together so I gave her a pass on giving a friend comfort.

But hey, ya never know!

2

Share Post


Link to post

She loves to touch people's faces.  I saw it a lot on DWTS.

Edited by dirtydi. Reason: wrong word
3

Share Post


Link to post

I thought I "saw"/"felt" things pass between them. Very flirty to start with but then some looks and a few times those looks conveyed more than words could say   I thought I was alone so  .....Yes!  Hmmmmm is right 

2

Share Post


Link to post

In one of the shows (maybe the 2nd reddit ep) she said something about him being a father figure.  And she seems very friendly with Rinder's wife, so I think it's just her flirty personality.  

10

Share Post


Link to post

After reading all these replies, I'm thinking that "DangerousMinds" is probably right! Maybe I "see it" because I want to see it. They've been through sooo much together, and after the hell that Angelo has put Leah through, I want her to find love with someone who really understands her, and what this whole nightmare has cost her...

0

Share Post


Link to post

I think that she and Angelo are very happy together and that he's very clear on what its cost her because he's been there through a significant portion of it. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

Agree that they have a special friend relationship - but as someone with Aussie relatives, I can appreciate his native charm.

Edited to add special platonic friend relationship.  I've had  many cases of special bonds at work where we'd refer to each other as "work spouses" because we knew we had each others' backs.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I see the relationship between Leah and Mike as similar to loving siblings who shared a horrendous childhood.

8

Share Post


Link to post

There is a simultaneous truth here.  Leah is in love with her husband despite the hell she went through with his cheating.  Rinder loves his wife, she was the port in the storm when he left.   I do see the love Rinder and Leah have for each other and it is deeper than friendship.  I doubt they will act on it but I see a poignant, star crossed love between them.  They would never leave their families to act on that but I bet they have fantasized about it plenty.  You can love two people at the same time.    

Edited by wings707.
3

Share Post


Link to post
On 1/31/2017 at 2:50 PM, cjemaggie said:

First: I think Leah is smart, funny, beautiful, and is brilliant and brave to do what she (and others,) are doing. She's a hero, and I salute her! Totally off that subject: Beside the wonderful on-air collaboration with Mike, I'm wondering if they have developed some "feelings" for each other? She's admitted that she's a flirt, but in one episode she touched (his face?) in a way that only a woman in love would. I know he's married, and I although he obviously cares for her deeply, I'm not sure that I see the same look in his eyes, that I see in hers. Honestly, I am NOT judging her in the least!! I understand how easily two people who have shared the same nightmare as they have, would connect on an intimate, emotional level that could lead to developing feelings for each other. Please understand, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I just wondered if I'm totally off base here, or do other fans see what I see?

I think they're just very close friends. You can do things like that with a close friend that you wouldn't otherwise do with anyone except your spouse. I had a friend like that years ago.

6

Share Post


Link to post

I saw an article not too long ago about his (in her words,) "serial cheating." I guess I should have read the article instead of just the headline! Duh...

1

Share Post


Link to post

My husband was watching one of the episodes with me and was thinking something was up because of a scene with them in the car. I can see how it might look that way. Which it could just be they are very close friends that feel like family more than anything because of all they have gone through or its something more. I have no clue. I just can see how some could take that away from it though but can see the other side of it as well from them being close from the crap they went through. 

 I had no idea about Leah's husband cheating. I never watched that reality show of her's. She had actually pissed me off way back after seeing her in an interview on Rachel Ray, I think it was. The way she was being about her daughter at the time disgusted me. I have no clue if it was she was so wrapped up in the crazy cult she just let the parenting slide to someone else for the most part or what it was.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I would never, never, never have even thought of that as a possibility - yikes, you are right!!! I just want to see Leah happy, unburdened, and at peace! (And of course, Mike too!!!)

2

Share Post


Link to post

Yeah, scientology salivates at the idea of being able to portray Leah and Mike as craven adulterers using their sham show to cover up an illicit affair.  In very church-like behavior, they even tried to make an attractive young scientologist seduce Mike Rinder's current wife when he was out of town.   

6

Share Post


Link to post
7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Wish $cientology would pay that dude to seduce me. 

LOL!

2

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Never forget that they're both survivors of ...the same "war"...

I agree, they know each other in a way nobody else can, having been through the same hellish journey. (And I find their energy very comrade in arms, with a sarcastic bite on her end that screams "non-sexual" to me; it's not the flirty/teasing kind of sarcastic, it's the kind of sarcastic you let loose on your brother.)

Edited by film noire.
8

Share Post


Link to post

Scientology would never pay it's members to do anything!  This young man was paying scientology to blackmail and bully and exploit him so that he could stay in the church.

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 2/14/2017 at 11:20 PM, Glade said:

Yeah, scientology salivates at the idea of being able to portray Leah and Mike as craven adulterers using their sham show to cover up an illicit affair.  In very church-like behavior, they even tried to make an attractive young scientologist seduce Mike Rinder's current wife when he was out of town.   

I am listening to more of these Nick Lister interviews now.  Compelling and fucking gorgeous man! 

Cruise kicked his 13 year old niece out of COS with the clause that she could work her way back in.  She was cut off from her family and on her own at that age going from LA to St Louis and eventually Clearwater; Nick befriended her.  What was her crime?   She made out with a boy on Tom Cruises' property!  Oh the horror.  Wonder what Tom was doing with girls or boys as a young teen?  Something, that is for sure.  

I like what Nick has to say and his style of his recounting. He is solid and speaking from a place of personal power and wit.

3

Share Post


Link to post

@wings707 thanks for that post! I'll be spending part of my day watching these videos. Amazing interview and Nick is very easy on the eye!

1

Share Post


Link to post

I am in love with Nick.  I hope more get onto these vids.  This link and this discussion is in the wrong thread. I am too busy cleaning as I listen to move it to another. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
On 2/9/2017 at 1:38 PM, cjemaggie said:

I saw an article not too long ago about his (in her words,) "serial cheating." I guess I should have read the article instead of just the headline! Duh...

Well, that IS how she got him, after all.  I like her and love what she's doing with this show.  But she helped set those rules for her marriage, so, you reap what you sow.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 8/10/2017 at 1:31 PM, smorbie said:

Well, that IS how she got him, after all.  I like her and love what she's doing with this show.  But she helped set those rules for her marriage, so, you reap what you sow.

once a cheater, usually always a cheater. you are always on your guard when you marry someone who cheated on their spouse with you. i love her also but don't have a lot of sympathy for those who put their wives or husbands through the pain of infidelity. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now