Watch Gus Fring Return To The Breaking Bad-iverse In A New Teaser For Better Call Saul

I'll go out on a limb and predict it will all end in tears.

Edited by Constantinople.

Share Post

There is so much brilliance in that Los Pollos Hermanos commercial. "Taste the family!" It sounds like they are serving up cannibalism. Mmm . . . tasty, tasty family, extra crispy family. I'll take hot sauce on mine!

Share Post

There is so much brilliance in that Los Pollos Hermanos commercial. "Taste the family!" It sounds like they are serving up people. Mmm . . . tasty, tasty family, extra crispy family. I'll take hot sauce on mine!

Share Post

7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Don Eladio (sp)  killed Gus' closest friend and partner way back in the day when they first came to him about selling meth.  I think it's a grudge he held for years, and then they were stealing meth from his Pollos Hermanos delivery trucks and selling it.  

I know the poolside incident started the feud, but that was many years earlier.  That explains Fring's hatred for Eladio and Hector, but it seemed like they had a profitable business relationship for many years after that.  I want to know what caused the war between Gus and Eladi, nearly 20 years later, where the cartel started hijacking his trucks and killing his employees.   IOW, what was the cartel's main beef with Gus in the BB era?  I suspect it was Gus competing with them in production, but I want to know if it was him competing, in general, or the fact that his blue meth was so superior, it was hurting their business.  Or was it mainly that Gus was protecting Heisenberg.

The lyrics of "The Ballad of Heisenberg" in "Negro y Azul" suggests it might have been largely personal against Heisenberg:

"They had the Duke's market, El Tuco and Krazy-8. They murdered Tuco while he was driving his Escalade. A while before the gabachos finished off Krazy-8. The cartel's running hot because They were disrespected, They talk 'bout some "Heisenberg" Who now controls the market. No one knows a thing about him Since they have never seen him. The cartel's about respect And they have never forgiven. This homie's already dead He just hasn't been told so. Heisenberg's fame Has reached down to Michoacán. From way over there they want to come, to taste that crystal. That blue stuff has already gone international".

Share Post

On 4/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Or was it mainly that Gus was protecting Heisenberg.

I think so.  I recall Gus meeting with the cousins & I think Juan Bolsa after the cousins went to Walt's house to kill him (I believe it's the meeting where Gus serves crudite haha) & warned them to back off.  I'm pretty sure this is when the trouble began to escalate.

Share Post