Jump to content

Flipping Out In The Media

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That’s just what I was coming to say!  I do like Nate and Jeremiah’s show but it is more about the design process to me vs Jeff’s life drama.  

Jeff would never hold his shit together enough to get through one flip/redo/update so there's that.  I'm sure N & J's clients don't tell them to fuck off in many different ways then go into a partnership with them like Jeff and the rock star's wife, Jeannie (sp?) 

2

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I guess there will be no play dates for Poppy and Monroe.

I think he's shading Living Spaces, not so much Nate & Jeremiah.

1

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think he's shading Living Spaces, not so much Nate & Jeremiah.

I wouldn’t call #sloppyseconds complimentary to N and J.

0

Share Post


Link to post
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I wouldn’t call #sloppyseconds complimentary to N and J.

Oh, you're right, lol.  Why the hell would he blame them?  

Wait, I know...he's Jeff.

1

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think he's shading Living Spaces, not so much Nate & Jeremiah.

When Jeff does these kinds of things, I fully believe he goes scorched earth.

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wouldn’t call #sloppyseconds complimentary to N and J.

No, not complimentary at all.  Jeff is so rude.  It's a shame, they (also Jeremiah and Gage) seem to have more similarities than differences and could be a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by crgirl412.
0

Share Post


Link to post

LBD with single strand pearls.

Her high ponytail is spot on.

Especially selected for a magazine or photo shoot for the upcoming season of her Bravo show.

Too sophisticated for her in real life....

Edited by humbleopinion.
2

Share Post


Link to post

I guess if they have another kid they will be looking for a new surrogate. she is suing because of the comments Jeff made and because she contends they filmed the birth without her consent. Not sure I buy the last part because she said she only agreed to be filmed for an ultrasound appointment and she filmed other scenes and was clearly aware that they were filming part of the time in the delivery room. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I guess if they have another kid they will be looking for a new surrogate. she is suing because of the comments Jeff made and because she contends they filmed the birth without her consent. Not sure I buy the last part because she said she only agreed to be filmed for an ultrasound appointment and she filmed other scenes and was clearly aware that they were filming part of the time in the delivery room. 

What the hell.  Dollar signs.  Always dollar signs.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.
5

Share Post


Link to post

@biakbiak I think it's really about Jeff's shitty comments, but that's probably not actionable. Jeff couldn't just be a half decent human being and be in awe over the birth of his child; he has to also be a snarky asshole to the person who helped bring his child into being. It's why I can't even with him. Be gracious for once. How hard is that?

If I recall the birth correctly, the birth was filmed with someone's personal camera and edited into the show and not a production camera. 

6

Share Post


Link to post
Just now, HunterHunted said:

If I recall the birth correctly, the birth was filmed with someone's personal camera and edited into the show and not a production camera. 

There was both in the birth room but I don’t remember a blurred out baby head much less a vagina but I haven’t seen it in awhile.

i agree it’s about a Jeff’s comments but as you noted they aren’t actionable. And it’s not the productions first rodeo so I can’t imagine they have crazy consent forms with her signature.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I found the whole thing very unseemly - a man making degrading comments about the "nasty" woman who had just done something huge for him. I'm not crying any tears for Jeff.

10

Share Post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

I found the whole thing very unseemly - a man making degrading comments about the "nasty" woman who had just done something huge for him. I'm not crying any tears for Jeff.

I am not either but bringing a case that appears to have no merit isn’t making me like the surrogate.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Most of us only remember that a baby was born. We did not give Jeff's comments a moments thought because, Jeff. The surrogate is bringing humiliation on herself now by bringing this lawsuit. Until now, I thought she was a good person for being a surrogate for this gay couple. Together they made a beautiful daughter. She is looking for another payout. 

6

Share Post


Link to post

It's very difficult for me to imagine Bravo filming such an intimate scene, without having all of their i's dotted and t's crossed.  Mistakes can be made, but I'm giving side eye on this.  Regarding the comments, yes, they're vulgar.  They are also classic Jeff Lewis. 

9

Share Post


Link to post

That makes me sad for them.  And that aired what seems like forever ago - why is she doing it now!?!? 

She had plenty of time to do her research to see what kind of personality Jeff has and I'm sure she got compensated WAYYYYYYYY more than she would have if she was a surrogate for a non-celebrity. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

If the surrogate had gotten waxed, as he mentioned at the birth, he probably would have sued her for endangering the welfare of his baby!! 

"Yes, Gage, this could've been the first fucking time that wax entered the vagina, went up through the cervix, into the uterus and made it through the placenta to the baby!!!! 

0

Share Post


Link to post

A lot of people are up in arms because he said 'using her' - i'm assuming from 'I guess we're not using her again'  - but why?? How else should he have stated that she probably wouldn't be their surrogate again.  I didn't see that has a negative meaning - because they used her services and now they would not be using those services. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

A lot of people are up in arms because he said 'using her' - i'm assuming from 'I guess we're not using her again'  - but why?? How else should he have stated that she probably wouldn't be their surrogate again.  I didn't see that has a negative meaning - because they used her services and now they would not be using those services. 

Welcome to the age of triggered.

4

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, druzy said:

Jeff's reaction:

Oh dear what does it say about me that we both had the same thought.

3

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

I found the whole thing very unseemly - a man making degrading comments about the "nasty" woman who had just done something huge for him. I'm not crying any tears for Jeff.

 I agree completely. I’ve considered being a surrogate. I have a friend who did it and runs an agency now but Jeff’s comments pretty much turned me off of that idea for good. I know with my own pregnancies how it completely takes over your body and in a lot of ways it is not pretty. Being pregnant and giving birth takes over your body for 10+ months. I can’t imagine giving that much of yourself for the recipient to turn around and make such vulgar comments about said body that just grew their child. 

 

That being said, she absolutely could and maybe should have googled him and watched the show before signing on and the fact that he’s a gross person isn’t new and probably isn’t actionable. I just think it’s too bad Jeff turned what could have been great publicity for surrogacy into a cautionary tale. 

4

Share Post


Link to post

An article with Jeff’s response. I would say initial but it’s too measured so he must have had a meeting with his lawyers and Gage before he gave his response.

1

Share Post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

An article with Jeff’s response. I would say initial but it’s too measured so he must have had a meeting with his lawyers and Gage before he gave his response.

He must have met with a lawyer because he's never been that diplomatic when left to his own devices.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/13/2018 at 9:47 AM, biakbiak said:

I am not either but bringing a case that appears to have no merit isn’t making me like the surrogate.

If this winds up in court; it hurts Monroe

The two parties may settle out of court...and...most likely...there will be a gag-order as to the settlement.

Edited by artisto. Reason: 1st..we proof-read...then we edit
2

Share Post


Link to post

I bet he settles - I swear i heard him say he's got a team of lawyers lined up just for silly law suits.  Or maybe that was someone else. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Maybe she knew he was a vulgar person but didn’t dream he would say nasty comments while she was birthing his child. I’m not on his side here.

5

Share Post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Maybe she knew he was a vulgar person but didn’t dream he would say nasty comments while she was birthing his child

Then she really didn't understand the concept of Jeff's show. IOW, when has Jeff had a talking head without making a joke or some sort of off-the-wall (or vulgar) comment??

3

Share Post


Link to post

I'm a Jeff fan, but, he was out of line on the birthing scenes, imo.  I'm not sure if she has a case, but, her attorneys must think so.  I am insulted that Jeff claims that the lawsuit hurts Monroe and that's the surrogate's fault. WHAT?  I think he should have thought about Monroe in the delivery room. It's his actions that brought the thing on.  He and Gage are just too full of themselves, imo.  I haven't cared for Gage in a long time. And, while I am a long time Jeff fan, at times, he seems like a man without a conscience.  Maybe, it's time for me to take a break from their family.  (Jenny claims that Jeff really has become a new person since Monroe arrived. I hope that's true.)

https://people.com/home/flipping-out-jeff-lewis-holds-back-tears-as-he-discusses-surrogate-lawsuit/

Edited by SunnyBeBe.
5

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm a Jeff fan, but, he was out of line on the birthing scenes, imo.  I'm not sure if she has a case, but, her attorneys must think so.  I am insulted that Jeff claims that the lawsuit hurts Monroe and that's the surrogate's fault. WHAT?  I think he should have thought about Monroe in the delivery room. It's his actions that brought the thing on.  He and Gage are just too full of themselves, imo.  I haven't cared for Gage in a long time. And, while I am a long time Jeff fan, at times, he seems like a man without a conscience.  Maybe, it's time for me to take a break from their family.  (Jenny claims that Jeff really has become a new person since Monroe arrived. I hope that's true.)

https://people.com/home/flipping-out-jeff-lewis-holds-back-tears-as-he-discusses-surrogate-lawsuit/

I love Jeff. I think he is witty and funny, but his humor is usually sarcastic, can be just plain mean, and he doesn't think about it being hurtful to the target of his humor. He just thinks people should be able to take it. Maybe having Monroe has made him think about the impact of what he says a bit more. When you start thinking, "what if someone said that to my daughter", it can make you reconsider your words.

4

Share Post


Link to post

If Jeff has really changed, then I wonder why in that article, the tears seem to be because of the lawsuit, which is something that the surrogate did.  They don't seem to be over his own actions.  A little self reflection and remorse, might serve him better, imo. 

4

Share Post


Link to post

he thought it was fine to say certain things.   maybe that was impulsive.

 

then, later,.........  he thought it was fine to put it on the show.   that was not impulsive.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I doubt they will settle because it is more than Jeff being involved it’s the production company who wouldn’t want to open a can of worms of their releases.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I remember when the show aired I thought "welp.....I guess they won't be having a second baby with her....."    

Honestly, I love Jeff and this show but not only was talking about the surrogate the way he did nor participating in her being filmed (if he knew) and allowing it to air was just stupid if he and Gage wanted a second child with her.

And I don't doubt that Bravo did what she says.

2

Share Post


Link to post

I realize that not all lawsuits happen immediately, but the filing of this is a full 9-1/2 months after the episode aired.  If it was such a slam dunk case, I'm not sure what would take so long.

Wonder if the surrogate and her attorney tried to settle first.

2

Share Post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

A tv show is different than giving birth to a child. 

Then the birthing mother should not have agreed to be on TV show!

5

Share Post


Link to post

Lawsuits take a while though.  I don't know the details of her claim or exactly what she's alleging, but, often claims involving companies, go through business court. (It's a section within the regular court.) Apparently, they have explained discovery procedures to Jeff and that's bothering him.  Turning over records, documents and sitting for depositions isn't fun. 

How many legal actions has Jeff been in? I know Jenny sued him, then wasn't there one with some other employee.  Plus, there was a company he had issues with.  I recall him talking about settling one previously, because it wasn't worth paying lawyers all that money. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize that not all lawsuits happen immediately, but the filing of this is a full 9-1/2 months after the episode aired.  If it was such a slam dunk case, I'm not sure what would take so long.

Wonder if the surrogate and her attorney tried to settle first.

To me, it screams she's purposely waited till the new season is about to roll around to file which makes it seem like even more of a money grab. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize that not all lawsuits happen immediately, but the filing of this is a full 9-1/2 months after the episode aired.  If it was such a slam dunk case, I'm not sure what would take so long.

Wonder if the surrogate and her attorney tried to settle first.

I was wondering this as well. In one of the linked articles above Jeff says they were in communication with her for months after the birth. Jeff's comment was in poor taste, but stereotypically Jeff.

I would imagine whatever contract Alexandra signed gave Bravo the right to film her during the birth, because that was a major storyline last season. I have not seen the birth episode since it aired, but I do not remember much of Alexandra shown during it. I feel like it was mostly Jeff and Gage reaction shots. I am probably misremembering though.

1

Share Post


Link to post

I know nothing about the lawsuit, but I think Jeff was out of line and needed to apologize. She agreed to parts of the birth being filmed, she didn’t agree to have her genitals critiqued and mocked on TV. And is Jeff is so repulsed by a women’s vagina, he is not a good role model for Monroe. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

she didn’t agree to have her genitals critiqued and mocked on TV.

 But this is grounds for ... an opinion not a lawsuit. 

I'm shocked she found a lawyer  willing to file against contracts that were signed. 

1

Share Post


Link to post

This will be interesting for sure! I am intrigued to see how it will play out. I just can't imagine Bravo and production wouldn't have their ducks in a row with filming something like this. I have heard many women I know who have given birth say that when they get to a certain point in labor that the Pope or Obama could walk in to the room, and they wouldn't even notice or care because they're just swept up in the intensity of labor. I wonder if it was something like that for the surrogate? She signed, knew they were there and didn't care because labor, and now regrets it. Probably won't hold up in court.

 

But also, I am not on Jeff's side. Those comments are horrible. I know that's Jeff, but I would be mortified and hurt if I were the surrogate. Not sure why she kept communicating with him. I don't think she'll win and I question timing and why she'd keep in contact after the episode aired and she saw what he said, but I'm pretty much never on Jeff's side and I'm not on this one either, so...Team Monroe. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

 But this is grounds for ... an opinion not a lawsuit. 

I'm shocked she found a lawyer  willing to file against contracts that were signed. 

I actually agree that it doesn’t seem like grounds for a lawsuit. I was responding to those suggesting she should be ok with him saying these things on TV because ‘that’s who he is’. 

I’m sure it has more to do with what was aired than what was said in the moment.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now