Flipping Out In The Media

For lack of a better place, Trace is doing well and did the design on Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka's gorgeous Harlem Brownstone that is featured in Archetictual Digest!

Share Post

I swear whenever I think of something, I always find an answer. I was thinking last week that I thought Flipping Out was a spring show and hoped it wasn't cancelled. I think Jeffrey Lewis is my favorite Bravo person of all time. If I could have an alternate life, I would be part of Jeffrey's. If he would let me. And if Gage would let Jeffrey let me. And if Zoila wouldn't get jealous and sabotage me. And only if I didn't have to listen to Jenni rap. And Andrew could trust me not to scare him. 

Share Post

I'm glad I got notification on Facebook.  I've been watching since the beginning and I'll fight you for Jeff...I absolutely love him!  His FB page is a hoot.  He posts pictures of people sleeping in airports, etc. while he photobombs them.

Share Post

I just browsed his photo bombs yesterday. I need to find his facebook page. I love this show and can't believe I didn't watch from the very beginning. I always hope there is going to be a marathon of the first shows but never come across any.

I like this show because even though there are some tough episodes, there is always resolution and moving forward. 

Edited by stewedsquash.

Share Post

I have been watching the FO marathon this morning, and I just remembered Monkey is dead and now I'm sad.

Share Post

I'm watching last season today as I didn't watch it then.  Not much has changed at all. 

One thing that is the most obvious about creating a more professional atmosphere is getting the business the hell out of Jeff's dining room.  He likes it that way since he can really be in control since it's in his home!!  They need to be a real office away from the house.   

Share Post

I'm watching last season today as I didn't watch it then.  Not much has changed at all. 

One thing that is the most obvious about creating a more professional atmosphere is getting the business the hell out of Jeff's dining room.  He likes it that way since he can really be in control since it's in his home!!  They need to be a real office away from the house.   

I've always assumed he just doesn't want to pay the rental fee for an office space.  In a way,... unless you're meeting customers/clients at your office, there's generally no reason to keep up the appearance of physical office, which might also be his reasoning. 

I have a friend who her and her husband run an online business and have been doing so for many many years and have always had an actual business office until recently they moved the entire thing to their house and they have one employee. They arent in CA but it saves them like $5k a month in rent.

Share Post

I've always assumed he just doesn't want to pay the rental fee for an office space.  In a way,... unless you're meeting customers/clients at your office, there's generally no reason to keep up the appearance of physical office, which might also be his reasoning. 

I have a friend who her and her husband run an online business and have been doing so for many many years and have always had an actual business office until recently they moved the entire thing to their house and they have one employee. They arent in CA but it saves them like $5k a month in rent.

I think that it can be done and done well and is the cheapest way to go.  Jeff just couldn't handle it at all; not with his controlling, unprofessional and very immature personality.  He would never make that big of a change since he needs the dysfunction too much. 

Share Post

i just watched a promo clip on facebook about how jeff doesn't delegate and it reminded me so much of my boss. lol  she doesn't explode like that but i'm sure that's exactly what goes on in her mind. 

Share Post

We have answers! The very first call on WWHL was about Andrew. Jeff and Jenni both said that he was given a million chances and screwed them all up. Jeff also said he suspected Andrew was working under the table while collecting unemployment. So pretty much what we expected, although I'd love to know more details about the screw-ups. I'm sure they're entertaining.

Share Post

Jenni looked great on WWHL! I've always found her quite pretty.

From what Jeff said last night, he gave Andrew many chances and he [Jeff] did want the situation to work out. I believe him since Jenni said she thought Andrew had been given too many chances.

Share Post

That's what I like about Jeff - he can seem like the biggest A-hole in the world but you know he has a heart because of the amount of chances he gives people. As long as you can deal with him yelling at you and can make some improvement it seems like he'll keep you on for the long haul. (however I would not like to be yelled at like that, I shut down in those situations lol)

Share Post

I was so glad to hear on WWHL that Jeff was not in on supposedly "pranking" Andy with Brandi Glanville via a fake fight, her throwing a drink on him and then crying on-camera for five minutes. Never believed it for a minute.

Share Post

I saw that on Facebook. Did he really get fired because of that idiot Channa chick?

Share Post

Yes! I enjoyed the artistic arrangement of Advil gel caps and martini.

The marble, the subway tile, he does have an artistic eye!

Share Post

Maybe Living Spaces did not see a sufficient increase in business by being linked with Jeff Lewis to make up for what they were paying him. So that, coupled with his unprofessionalism regarding Channa, led to severing the business relationship. I found his "tattling" on Channa kind of funny at first, but the more it went on it was pretty petty and unprofessional of him and I felt kind of bad for Channa and it reflected badly on the company...wonder if she was set up at all? Ironically I got a Living Spaces catalog in the mail a couple days after the Channa episode aired. Frankly, there wasn't a huge difference in the pages Jeff styled (which had his name prominently in a corner) and the other pages done by someone else!

By having his office in his house, not only does he get to same monthly rent on an office space but he gets significant tax advantages (deductions on percentage of utillities, house costs, etc) so it is financially beneficial for him.

Share Post

Maybe Living Spaces did not see a sufficient increase in business by being linked with Jeff Lewis to make up for what they were paying him. So that, coupled with his unprofessionalism regarding Channa, led to severing the business relationship. I found his "tattling" on Channa kind of funny at first, but the more it went on it was pretty petty and unprofessional of him and I felt kind of bad for Channa and it reflected badly on the company...wonder if she was set up at all? Ironically I got a Living Spaces catalog in the mail a couple days after the Channa episode aired. Frankly, there wasn't a huge difference in the pages Jeff styled (which had his name prominently in a corner) and the other pages done by someone else!

I feel like we watched different shows! I didn't see Jeff "tattling" until the 3rd time Channa "forgot" the accessories. It was clearly not an accident. I thought he at least kind of tried to acknowledge that there was bound to be tension, and tried to share his stuff and help her when possible, but she just was not going to play fair. Of course, JLD's crew did get silly and bratty at some point, but this should not be a shock to anyone who has watched any random 10 minutes of that show. Living Spaces should have known what they were getting into. This reflected badly on them because their existing employee quite obviously sabotaged what she viewed as her competition. 

Share Post

According to Jeff on tonight's WWHL, Channa went to HR and threatened a lawsuit (or something to that extent).

Share Post

LOL.  I maintain that the bitch trashed herself by failing to do her job.  Jeff and his team were pointing out the obvious, albeit rather childishly. 

Share Post

The 9-19-15 Washington Post has a real estate article about a design project Jeff did in Arlington, VA (near my home). The owners were fans of Jeff and reached out to him; it was his first project in the DC area.

Interestingly, since we speculate sometimes who actually works for Jeff's business and who is just a character on the show, the article mentions Gage and Vanina as being involved in the project.

The WP blog URL is: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/where-we-live/wp/2015/09/18/an-arlington-colonial-gets-star-treatment-bravo-style/

Edited by pasdetrois.

Share Post

yipppeeeeee!

lol (from that article)

Continuing its commitment to high-quality programming, Bravo Media unveils a diversified slate of six new and 14 returning unscripted series

Share Post

On 12/10/2015 at 0:25 AM, biakbiak said:

Jeff and Gage' s Holiday card with six viable embryos.

I'm happy for the guys.  I'm not as ocd as Jeff but I think he'll calm down a bit, especially off of TV. I've had to go bug hunting and *shudder* clean dirt from under my fingernails... gah gives me the shivers now.  

Share Post

Zoila needs to go. She will drive away any good nanny or sitter. And undermine Gage's parenting. I wonder if she will be jealous of the baby. 

Share Post

I thought a few seasons ago Jeff specifically said that his goal for Zoila was to stop being the house care taker and to become the person who would help raise a child for him when it happened. I remember it in a talking head, a sincere talking head. It was during a time when they were trying to figure out some things about her place in his life and he got the point across when talking that she was a very big part of his life and he saw her moving into the next stage with him, when he got to the baby stage. 

Share Post

Yes but she hates Gage so much there's fear she won't treat his baby well. Whether she should be anywhere near the kid is debatable.

Share Post

On 8/1/2015 at 5:27 PM, Maharincess said:

I saw that on Facebook. Did he really get fired because of that idiot Channa chick?

I have spent the last 20 minutes reading his twitter and he hasn't let up on Channa or Living Spaces. He is hilarious on twitter.

American Airlines is getting no slack from him either. He kills me.

Share Post

25 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

Yes but she hates Gage so much there's fear she won't treat his baby well. Whether she should be anywhere near the kid is debatable.

Oh yes, I understood that part. But didn't they start working on that last season? Working through the differences between Gage and Zoila? I think they both love Jeffrey enough to work it out. I think they kind of had a breakthrough moment last season, didn't they? I did think Zoila was obnoxious, yet I also understood her fear and understood it as fear when she was being obnoxious. And I think Jeffrey and Gage were able to see it for what it was in the end also. 

Share Post

I bet they'll have a nanny or Gage will be the primary parent and Zoila will be kind of the honorary grandma.  I don't think she'd be able to keep up with a toddler very long.    I think she'll be fine--it's Jeff's kid too and she was really good with his animals--which he treats like they are his kids.

Share Post

Jeff and Gage had their baby girl today!  As Jeff stated, "At 4:22pm today, I grew up. Welcome Monroe Christine Lewis."

14581384_10154593157974323_1597291439077

Share Post

Zoila has been in two of the last three pics Jeff has posted on Twitter/Instagram. I am choosing to believe that means they are filming now, and that we'll get some sort of "bringing home baby" special later this spring. Here's hoping! 

Share Post