S01.E10: The Playdate 2017.01.03

When Anna-Kat steals something from a classmate's house while over on a playdate, Katie and Greg disagree on how to handle the situation. 

Share Post

I think just cooked onions under a pie crust would be pretty bad. But it looked gross, too.

This is the second time my local affiliate cut a big chunk out of the show to break for local news about a fire or something. The other channels were content to show a crawl and break into the commercials but not ABC.

Share Post

I kept waiting to find out about Anna Kat's friend. I was so worried it was a set up to torment her or something, because the kid was from such an uptight normative family, her wanting to play with Anna Kat seemed like it was going to turn out to be something awful. I also thought they were going for the kid's mom being actually just very awkward and socially clueless and lonely, but they didn't go for that "twist" either.

Re the onion pie: I've made Leek and Onion Pie and it doesn't reek. It is kind of mild, actually. So I did wonder what was supposed to be in it.

Share Post

I think the show is really hitting its stride.  I hope they do more B plots with Oliver & Luz's business.

Share Post

Wow, I must be in the minority -- maybe I was just grumpy when watching this show but I hated how doing the wrong and selfish thing for selfish reasons won out in the end. I really really hated that about this episode.

I did like the son's subplot, and the sending up of the overly-posting social media mom.  Oh! And Timothy Omundson is one of those actors who makes everything better just by being in it. I just adore him. (He was the husband of the blogger.)  I did laugh at the dad's desire to get into the historical society.  (But hated that it took blackmail in the end.)

Edited by Cowgirl.

Share Post

I think I'm okay with the blackmail in the end because that mom would have destroyed Anna Kat and I don't think that's okay for a grown woman to do. Anna Kat is a child and blogging/tweeting/facebooking or whatever that mom was going to do that she was a thief would have ruined her chances to ever make friends and quite possibly made her the subject of bullying by the other kids. 

Share Post

The chemistry between Greg and Katie is really good now. I like them as a couple.

Share Post

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, iMonrey said:

I think just cooked onions under a pie crust would be pretty bad. But it looked gross, too.

No, it had to be more than just onions.  They're pungent, but not noxious.

Share Post