S03.E10: Follow the Money 2017.01.03

Pride must protect a beloved family friend who is engaged to the number one suspect in the ongoing NCIS and FBI cartel case.

Share Post

Comments in spoiler tags.

I actually groaned out loud when Gregorio asked to be transferred to NOLA permanently. I am really hoping she ends up taking the fall and this ends up with her leaving. I suspect it will end up with her leaving FBI and joining NCIS instead, unfortunately. Also, it was incredibly predictable that the girl was going to die. I thought it was dumb to send her back before they figured out what was on the hard drive anyways.

Edited by secnarf.

Share Post

Ok..who was that non-Percy agent?  Why did she resemble her so closely? Where is Percy?

Why did that hour seem like 5 hours?  What's going on this season?  This was becoming my favorite NCIS last year..now it's plummeting down to the bottom :(  This makes me so sad.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Ok..who was that non-Percy agent?  Why did she resemble her so closely? Where is Percy?

Why did that hour seem like 5 hours?  What's going on this season?  This was becoming my favorite NCIS last year..now it's plummeting down to the bottom :(  This makes me so sad.

Guess the show runners "fixed" the program.  It seems to me that they looked at the 3 NCIS versions, picked the one w the worst ratings, NCIS LA and came up with the brilliant idea of making the other two resemble it.  They've got rid of strong character driven plots by a tight group of characters.  Instead we have many superfluous characters and limited screen time for the characters that actually drew us to the shows.  The camera work seems different as well - tho' I could be wrong.  Seems like a lot more choppy quick cuts.  The writing also seems weaker.  Dialogue often seems like it is interchangeable among characters.  No unique voice for each character.

Other than that tho' great job, show runners.

Share Post

45 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Agreed. I didn't even care about the cartel story which wasn't good to begin with because I was so distracted by Percy's unexplained absence. 

Then they throw in this random agent to help with the case who starts off in uniform but ends up in street clothes with her hair down, make up done and comfortably sitting at what appeared to be Percy's desk. Needlessly to say I was like WTF. 

I know these shows aren't Game of Thrones but can they at least attempt to surprise us sometimes with the storylines? I called every major plot twist before the episode was over. 

Share Post

14 minutes ago, Enero said:

Agreed. I didn't even care about the cartel story which wasn't good to begin with because I was so distracted by Percy's unexplained absence.

This. I thought I might have missed a throwaway line to explain her absence. Then they had the extra agent that was helping with the case look similar to Percy. It felt odd. I really hope the actress was off doing something else and they are not phasing her out. Since I like Percy I would love for there to be more of her and less Gregorio.

I knew Gregorio was not leaving. I mean she has been in the credits since the start of the season, but I still hoped that she would end up being gone. I did not get my wish.

Share Post

I found myself paying more attention to my computer than the show. Please, Hollywood, stop trying to make Ferlito happen.

Share Post

This episode was weird.

On the one hand, I'm kind of enjoying the cartel ongoing storyline. On the other hand, this episode they created a character to personally tie Pride to the cartel plot, which was completely unnecessary. I'm pretty sure the viewers would be as invested in a tragic faith of a stranger that suffered from Garcia and co as in the faith of this lady Pride supposedly wanted to keep safe since she was a teen.

I mean, they tried to make her as proactive as possible in the situation, and  she was willing to go undercover to bring down Garcia. But even after that she was just fridged to further Pride's angst.

I actually was fine with Gregorio this episode. I'm glad she decided to quit FBI. It's possible she was relieved that Isles pretty much fired her over her acting rashly and without thinking.

The thing I also found weird was Sebastian being in the field with Gregorio and LaSalle. It was really awkward most of the time. Although I still liked Sebastian/Christopher scene in the lab and that moment when Gregorio comforted Sebastian after the shootout.

And where the hell was Sonja again? The coast guard lady was like a stand-in for her for no reason. I'd wish they made up some excuse why Sonja was absent, as they usually do.

Share Post

14 hours ago, NYGirl said:

No kidding.  When she first came up on my screen wearing the CGIS vest I thought maybe they were working an odd undercover case, but then I realized (after I put my glasses on*) that was not Percy.  Then Percy was like, not there for the rest of the show.

* I had a similar moment at the beginning of last night's NCIS episode where I was without my glasses and mistook an actor for another actor and was really confused for a bit.  I need to stop taking my glasses off during the commercials.

Share Post

Add me to the list of people annoyed at Percy being gone from this episode with no explanation, and then they just basically slotted the CGIS agent in her place. I like the CGIS agent well enough (sorry, I don't remember her name) but that was kind of annoying. These women are not interchangeable!
I digress...

Like many of you, I'm not sure why we suddenly needed to have Pride personally connected to this whole cartel business except for the mere fact of NOW.IT'S.PERSONAL!! He was dedicated to catching the cartel prior to this, so yeah, it seems overkill that now, suddenly, he has a personal reason to make it happen. Whatever, show.

I liked Sebastian starting to learn how to be an agent, but the scene with him and Gregario getting surprised by the cartel guy and LaSalle having to save the day just kind of underpin how unprepared for this he is. One badass moment does not an agent make. But I did like both LaSalle and Gregario taking time to talk to him.

Share Post

Yes, it definitely doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that the writers wrote to have Percy in this episode, but for whatever reason couldn't get Percy's actress at the time of shooting so they threw in this random CGIS chick to take her place instead of rewriting it, to the point of hiring an actress that looks just like Percy. It probably would have gone over a lot better if they brought in Agent Borin to play the same role instead, seeing as how it's the CGIS and she's already a fan favorite anyway.

Share Post

18 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

Yes, it definitely doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that the writers wrote to have Percy in this episode, but for whatever reason couldn't get Percy's actress at the time of shooting so they threw in this random CGIS chick to take her place instead of rewriting it, to the point of hiring an actress that looks just like Percy. It probably would have gone over a lot better if they brought in Agent Borin to play the same role instead, seeing as how it's the CGIS and she's already a fan favorite anyway.

Of course it would have been better, but since Diane Neal is pretty much blacklisted from the NCIS franchise, it's not really a possibility, no matter how much sense it might make for the story. There have been several times this has come up over the course of the three shows in the last few years. Nothing has changed.

Share Post

On 1/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Probably a UO, but I never liked Borin. So the CGIS guest star worked okay for me. Though it did make me realize that I did miss Percy's spunk. 

Share Post

On 1/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, neuromom said:

Probably a UO, but I never liked Borin. So the CGIS guest star worked okay for me. Though it did make me realize that I did miss Percy's spunk. 

She worked well as the Lt Col Mann character did as a possible next ex wife for Gibbs but as a linking character visiting the different NCIS series beyond the I recognize her there was not much to do. Of course the big franchise making mistake was not making Brody a retired  Petty Officer turned NCIS Agent Coates like Gibbs was a retired Scout Sniper turned USMC MP before becoming a NCIS Agent.

Share Post