TBS Renews People Of Earth And Search Party

I haven't watched People of Earth yet. It looks like quirky fun.

I really enjoyed Search Party. So glad it will have another season. Alia Shawkat rocked as Dory. I can't wait for the next big adventure.

Share Post

I love People of Earth! This is the best news I've heard all day!

And now... when you're done pretending to be a human, I need you to be an alien up on this freakin' ship and do some freakin' work!

Share Post

Yay!!  :)

These shows have been a welcome change of pace from the usual dark and dreary TV that seems to be the trend these days. Fun but smart.  I wasn't too sure about the ending of the first season of Search Party, but I'll still happily watch Season 2

Share Post

I kept seeing the commercials for "People of Earth"  and was finally annoyed/intrigued enough to seek it out on demand. I ended up liking it more than I thought. Someone referred to it as "quirky," and while that usually sends me running, it works here. I'm glad to see it renewed.  

Share Post

Very, very disappointing to read this.  I wish they could have at least let them do Season 3.

Share Post

I was looking forward to this show coming back. Really hate hearing this news. It was a fun and quirky show and deserved a chance to wrap up its storylines. 

Share Post

I figure it has more to do with Wyatt leaving than anything. When we kept not getting a start date, I figured it didn't bode well. I am not a happy camper. My friend and I really loved this show!

Share Post

I hearted this show!  It was so much fun!  I’m bummed about this and Last Man on Earth...

Share Post

I was so bummed to hear that they rescinded the renewal.

WTF TBS?

I read that season 3 has already been written, is it too much to hope for that maybe another network will pick it up?

*sigh*

Share Post

On 6/10/2018 at 8:07 AM, Ms Lark said:

I figure it has more to do with Wyatt leaving than anything.

What? Wouldn't that be career and financial suicide? Don't they have show leads on contract? I hadn't heard anything about him quitting-- do you  have a link?

Share Post

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

What? Wouldn't that be career and financial suicide? Don't they have show leads on contract? I hadn't heard anything about him quitting-- do you  have a link?

Ozzie was killed off part way through season 2 already. The EPs pointed out that they had already set a precedent for bringing characters back from the dead, but I assumed that Wyatt was gone and they were resigned to that. 

He has another show, Problem Areas, now, so I think he's doing all right. 

Share Post

Ah, I remembered they killed him, but I had assumed it was temporary, since we've seen that before on this show.

Share Post

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Ah, I remembered they killed him, but I had assumed it was temporary, since we've seen that before on this show.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he had recovered, but I read a lot into this:

How did Wyatt Cenac respond when you told him you were going to kill Ozzie?
HISCOCK: I think he was okay with it.
JENKINS: He’s a busy guy. He’s got a lot of irons in the fire, so I think he was all right with it.

Share Post