S28.E10: The Nightmare After Krustmas 2016.12.10

Krusty and his daughter spend Christmas with the Simpsons; Reverend Lovejoy tries to attract converts aftrt church attendance drops; a spooky Christmas toy haunts Maggie.

Edited by Galileo908.

Share Post

Intro: The three ghosts! (Lisa: Past, Barney: Present, Burns: Future)

Couch Gag: Burns summons the Christmas Hounds! Great.

Hey, it's Krusty's daughter we forgot about for about 16 years! And after all this time, Krusty is STILL a bad father one week out of the year. Speaking of recycled themes: Itchy & Scratchy getting sanitized (with bonus Poochie), the Psycho violin fakeout (The Springfield Files), and the joke about getting 20 seconds of room tone (the ep with Colbert). This was less of a straight story and just a collection of scenes.

Yeah, it's about time this show tackled Elf on A Shelf and it was appropriately creepy. Even Wayne Gretzky can't stand up to a gnome with a gun. I liked the name "Narc in The Park," I wish we saw that one.

Man, everyone's sounding old it was distractig: Julie Kavner, Harry Shearer, Jackie Mason, whoever was playing Sophie now. It was Natasha Lyonne, so pretty much the opposite of Drew Barrymore.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Intro: The three ghosts! (Lisa: Past, Barney: Present, Burns: Future)

Couch Gag: Burns summons the Christmas Hounds! Great.

I really did enjoy that the Christmas Hounds had little antlers on them. So festive for Burns to do it. 

As with this story, I prefer the Elf on the Shelf  and also that Maggie went full Fargo on both of them (and why would Marge need a paper slicer?)

Share Post

3 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Hey, it's Krusty's daughter we forgot about for about 16 years! And after all this time, Krusty is STILL a bad father one week out of the year. Speaking of recycled themes: Itchy & Scratchy getting sanitized (with bonus Poochie), the Psycho violin fakeout (The Springfield Files), and the joke about getting 20 seconds of room tone (the ep with Colbert). This was less of a straight story and just a collection of scenes.

Yeah, it's about time this show tackled Elf on A Shelf and it was appropriately creepy. Even Wayne Gretzky can't stand up to a gnome with a gun. I liked the name "Narc in The Park," I wish we saw that one.

Man, everyone's sounding old it was distractig: Julie Kavner, Harry Shearer, Jackie Mason, whoever was playing Sophie now. It was Natasha Lyonne, so pretty much the opposite of Drew Barrymore.

Complete with Krusty's Custody Calendar -- did Krusty say that he gets Sophie one week a year ?  It would have been even funnier if it was Krusty's Kustody Kalendar.  Just saying.  I liked that the balloon Bart had in the hospital was a Krusty Get Well balloon.

Phone-Henge -- Hah !!  Ba'al Pit -- that was good too.

Why was there an ice sculpture of Stevie Nicks in Jack Frost's Ice Garden ?  

Sign at Springfield Hospital: The Perfect Christmas Gift ? Your Organs !

Krusty's source for elephant pain killers was none other than Dr. Nick Riviera (per the business card he gave to the nurse).

The Krusty the Klown Sober Contemplation Hour.   Pray Pray Kids.

Highlights in the Advent Calendar:
Day 1 -- Smithers and Santa
Day 3 -- Lisa and Grandpa (dressed as Santa)
Day 4 -- Nelson
Day 5 -- Hans Moleman with a sign that says Seasons Greetings
Day 6 -- Lisa as an angel
Day 9 -- Bart being strangled
Day 10 -- Snowball 2 (3 ? 4 ? whatever) with Xmas antlers
Day 11 -- Nativity scene with Mr. Teeny as baby Jesus
Day 12 -- Marge with her hair decorated as a Xmas Tree
Day 15 -- Maggie in a Xmas stocking
Day 16 -- Moe in a Santa hat
Day 17 -- the Grumple
Day 18 -- Comic Book Guy holding a sign that says 'Bah! Humbug'
Day 19 -- Funzo
Day 20 -- Kang and Kodos
Day 21 -- Selma kissing Sideshow Bob under the mistletoe

Share Post

Thank you for the list of Advent calendar images! Even though I paused the dvr a few times I missed a few. Enjoyed this ep more than I thought I would especially Mr. Burns' Christmas hounds and their adorbs reindeer antlers. 

Loved Maggie ridding herself of all of those creepy Elves on the Shelf first via paper cutter and then via lawn mower. That's my girl! 

Share Post

My cousins do elf on the shelf with their kids and I just don't get it. I think it's creepy and kind of mean. So, I'm glad they tackled it. The Gnome sounded just like the Robot Devil from Futurama so that was a bit distracting for me.

I guess Drew Barrymore wasn't available to reprise her role? That seemed odd to me. Between the Gnome, Lovejoy and Krusty, this episode felt a little too busy.

And I admit to being a Judaism dunce, but who was sitting next to God at the end?  I thought both religions had the same God.

Share Post