S28.E09: The Last Traction Hero 2016.12.04

Homer has the opportunity to sue Mr. Buirns after a workplace accident; Marge seeks romance from an unexpected source; Lisa tries to maintain peace on the school bus.

Share Post

Intro: Bubsby Berkley guy!

Couch Gag: Weird firing squad painting bit.

Burns has his own Enchanted Tiki Room, I'm jealous.

"Developed by?! What does that even mean?!" I love 4th wall credit gags. (Homer ate a "Developed By" credit at the beginning of one of the THOH episode. I forget which one)

I liked Smithers' attempts to get Homer to sign liability waivers, but it'll never top the waiver that led to the First Annual Montgomery Burns Awards For Outstanding Achievement in The Field of Excellence. I did like Marge & Smithers bonding because of "what do you see in Homer/Burns." It's quite sad and great.

Really liked Lisa's 1984 daydream about seating on the bus. They've spoofed this before, but I gotta give credit to Lisa for dressing for the part. She even included Ralph sitting next to his leprechaun that tells him to burn things. And of course no one's sitting next to Milhouse.

"S.O.S. This message could not be more clearer. The children need more sauce on their spaghetti!" That was great.

Burns ate the town panda, but my headcanon is telling me it's the same one that raped Homer, so I call that a win.

Edited by Galileo908.

Share Post

Homer summed it up perfectly: "Marge, your idea of fun makes me want to blow my brains out." 

Yet another episode where we are supposed to feel sorry for Marge while overlooking her hypocrisy. Homer can't be friends with a woman he has zero feelings for, but it's okay for Marge to form a romantic emotion attachment to Smithers as long as she takes her sexual frustration on Homer. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you double standards. She really is the Kellyanne Conway of cartoon characters.

I did love Mr. Burns' tiki room and the Mad Max school bus.

Share Post

I so want to have Mr. Burns' Tiki room. 

One thing that kind of bother me was that after Marge and Homer have sex on the couch Homer stopped wearing his bandages and was moving around like he was fully healed, which made me wonder if anyone would accuse him of faking his injury.

I also enjoyed how power hungry Lisa became and also how the bus turned into Mad Max. 

Edited by TVSpectator.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Have we seen that new lawyer before ?  He's no Lionel Hutz, but I like his phone number.

I don't think so. He seems like a totally new character. 

Share Post

15 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Have we seen that new lawyer before ?  He's no Lionel Hutz, but I like his phone number.

555...ah jeez, that's gotta be phony.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

555...ah jeez, that's gotta be phony.

Uh, what's the number between the first three 5s and the last six 5s ?  Homer at his finest.  Right up there with what the V in 'VIP' stands for on their trip to Washington.

Share Post