S01.E06: HERE HE COMES! 2014.04.20

When Finley and Dunn plot to lure the kidnappers out of hiding with a CIA file as bait, Finley comes face to face with one of the kidnappers looking to settle a score. Beth Ann fears for Kyle as he plots a way to escape. Meanwhile, Meg betrays someone close to her in exchange for information. Elsewhere, Widener connects with a mysterious asset to monitor Gibson’s plot.

Share Post

I really liked the end of this ep with Dunn & Finley going to Ballard HS to talk to the kidnappers.  I also liked the way that F/D & Gibson seemingly simultaneously figure out Jonas's wall.  (I forget what the folks in TWoP's Life forum called Charlie Crews's conspiracy wall, but I think there was a name for it.  Anyway, it's nice of Ravitch to give us a wall once again.)

I hope that they do two things: keep F/D competent and keep them both from 'turning' & helping Gibson.  Wonder if Gibson will try to work Finley like he tried to work Dunn.

I'm interested to see where the Gibson as mentor to Kyle goes.  It was apparent that he - Gibson - felt he'd done something good for his daughter once she told him that she was *now* friends with Kyle.  DIdn't really like the clunky dialogue where Gibson confirms shes talking about "the President's son", right after she said he - Kyle - wants to be a leader like his dad.

Share Post

Meg is so damn cold but I don't blame her. She is a parent.

Well played by G woman.

I wonder if Meg will tell Susie that Gibson is behind it all. Or will she do something?

Share Post

It took me until today to muster up the interest in watching this episode, but I can kind of see the results of the retooling that took place between last episode and this one; it did feel more like the pilot in that it's completely unbelievable, but reasonably entertaining.  I was a lot more anxious to get through the commercials than I had been with recent episodes, and while I still think the actor playing Susie is terrible, the one playing Finley is really working for me and the partnership is a pretty good one (but boo to the typical scenario where the female agent doesn't show up until the fighting is over -- I was wanting her to show up in time to take a shot through that window, not just bang ineffectually on the door).

But technology is still magical, the FBI handlers can't keep tabs on anyone, Meg knows everyone in the world, and - most importantly - Gibson is still a pathological jerk.  No matter how much more is revealed about the CIA's atrocities, I don't hate him for his own actions any less.

That purposeful shot of the grate in the garage was really annoying; why not just chryon an arrow with the message "He's hiding in here"?

Of course Amber's contribution to the fire effort would be to strip off some clothing.

Edited by Bastet.

Share Post

Bastet, I actually cringed when they focused on the floor grate.  So amateurish.  

I haven't been watching, because I forgot about the show entirely.  Then I saw something on Twitter about the ALL CAPS FORUM! here and thought, "I wonder if that show has gotten any better?"  I caught up via recaps and found last night's ep.....okay.  The best part of it -- here I agree with fastiller was D&F going to the school so they could talk directly with the Gibson.  I can see them working some sort of deal with him -- the kids for their help in exposing the wrongdoing -- without them being manipulated.

How many episodes left?

There are, IMO, only certain actors who can hold their own in a scene with GA, and none of them are on my screen during this show.  For an example of how it's done, see Mads Mikkelson with her on episodes of Hannibal, or the actors on The Fall.  You can grab her by the neck, Sciency McChemist actor, but you're still not her equal.  

Share Post