The Two Heyes's

My favorite "Heyes" was Peter Deuel.  I thought he had amazing chemistry with Ben Murphy and also with Sally Fields (Clementine). During his stint as Heyes, I believe Roger Davis was married to  the lovely "angel" Jaclyn Smith. 

Share Post

I suspect the PD was most people's favorite.  RD always came across as too much of a con man and didn't have Pete's warmth.  He didn't have the same chemistry with Ben Murphy. Though I do give the actor major props for stepping into that role on unbelievably short notice.

I was a kid when PD committed suicide and was totally heartbroken.

Share Post

I used to redo the Roger Davis episodes in my head with Peter Deuel as Heyes. Not that Roger Davis wasn't a good actor, but Peter Deuel stole my poor little teenaged heart from the beginning.

Share Post

Man, I barely recall this show, but, it came back to me, when I viewed the trailer on you tube.  I always liked Ben Murphy a lot.  He looks AWESOME, even now.  Check it out.  He must have the Dick Clark gene.

http://www.benmurphyfans.com/

Share Post

Yes, he has aged well.    Both leads were rather "crushable" to my 12 year old self.

Share Post

I didn't watch this show in the original run. I was 7 when it started so I was old enough to watch it but it must have been opposite something else that I watched. I had always heard of it and I was a big fan of Ben Murphy (remember Gemini Man?). In fact, I watched the Gidget reruns and didn't even realize that Pete Duel was the same guy who played her brother in law. Unfortunately, his replacement was wrong for the part and looked & acted too much like Ben Murphy. There wasn't any contrast between the two characters. 

Share Post

I adored this show as a young pre-teen and had a huge crush on Ben Murphy. My young heart broke when Peter Duel killed himself. I remember this show started as a made for TV movie. The movie was excellent; funny and great story. They were trying to capatilize on the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid popularity. When it became a TV series they lost a lot of that fun and cheekiness of the movie; even as a kid I remember being slightly disappointed, but watched because the two leads were so dreamy. Ah youth!!

Share Post