S28.E07: Havana Wild Weekend 2016.11.13

When the Retirement Castle and VA Hospital can't help Grampa with his health problems, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba so they can get him some cheap medical care.

Share Post

Intro: Black hole!

Billboard: Cletus Thanksgiving Eggs

Chalkboard: Being right sucks.

Couch Gag: Olympus!

Kirk & Milhouse on a Shark Tank parody? Love it.

"Now there's a Milhouse I'd marry."

The Simpsons are going to...Cuba! And not for asylum this time!

I loved Bart spray-painted "The Bart" in Cuba.

So all Grampa needs are Memberberries? Well, 50s nostalgia works, too. That whole bit about the plane nightclub being a CIA sting operation was...weird. Ending was good, though.

For some reason, I love whenever this show makes fun of I Love Lucy. Fred Mertz was the landlord? I haven't watched that show in a while, that's surprising to know.

Edited by Galileo908.

Share Post

I wonder if the Chalkboard was added just this week. It has to  be a "Trump President" reference, right? 

Share Post

I really should not have giggled as much as I did when Jasper said he was going to text Abe a pic of Jasper's junk…and then took a pic of a pile of Jasper's junk. :-D

Share Post

Fred Mertz was the landlord?

Yeah there were a couple of episodes where they fought about apartment stuff (and of course made up in the end).

Having been to Cuba a couple of years ago, I thought they got the vibe correct and I enjoyed the episode. Love it when Grandpa gets a moment of sanity and shows he's not always a doddering old fool. I also loved Jasper sending him a picture of his literal junk.

Share Post

Galileo908

I love whenever this show makes fun of I Love Lucy. 

Homer:  I never really understood “I Love Lucy”.  Their plots were so ri-dic-u-lous.

Marge:  I agree, Home-y.  Now remember, because Grandpa went wee-wee on the carpet, we now have to go to Cuba and get involved in a CIA sting operation.

Homer:  Ay-yi-yi!!  OK, no more ‘splaining!!

That whole bit about the plane nightclub being a CIA sting operation was...weird.

Grandpa:  I had no idea that fixing up an old airplane for a nightclub also involved making the cockpit fully operational again, and filling up the fuel tanks and hydraulics.  I should have known that those guys with the “CIA” jackets were doing more than just bringing in the carpeting for the lounge.

Edited by Twilight Man.

Share Post

I am now just responding to this episode and I did like it. What I like the most about it was that this was an Abe focus episode and more about Abe and his old friend (who hijacked that plane back in the 1970s). 

A few more thoughts:

- When Abe was on his friends plane I thought that it was funny that every other American (excluding the Simpsons Family, that CIA agent) were criminals. I also loved that both Abe and Homer punched (and slapped) the creator of Ticketmaster over the other criminals/traitors. 

- I also liked that Abe's new Cuban flame was actually a CIA agent working undercover and I liked that he at least wasn't too upset about it. Plus, I also enjoyed seeing her taking over the plane, gassing everyone (except for Maggie and Abe) with knockout gas, and flying everyone back to the US.  

-Another thing that I enjoyed was that Abe's real reason to stay behind was because his friend was going to open up a nightclub and not really because he fell for the bartender. They have, in my opinion, kind of overplayed Abe's love life and I thought that giving him another reason to stay behind, other than another love, was different and refreshing to see. 

- I also enjoyed seeing Abe play the Simpson's theme song on the guitar and calling it, "a family song that was passed down through the generations". 

-More rejuvenated Abe was also fun to see and I did like that 1950s car and the way Abe just loved it and described all of it's features (pointed triangles for the review mirrors and are not good for nothing)

On 11/14/2016 at 5:37 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I really should not have giggled as much as I did when Jasper said he was going to text Abe a pic of Jasper's junk…and then took a pic of a pile of Jasper's junk. :-D

Oh, I forgotten already about that one joke but it was a good one!

Share Post