S28.E06: There Will Be Buds 2016.11.06

I love how easily the moms of Springfield panicked over light tapping of helmets. And then actually whacked the kid's heads on the MRI. Gotta appreciate irony.

"What about Biathlon? That teaches kids to ski AND kill!"

So we have a rethread of the pee-wee football episode. And the hockey one. And the soccer one. But this time it's lacrosse. "Safer than football!"

Hey, at least we got some backstory on Kirk and Gudger College.  And yeah, Kirk's lame. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy? Rice Sandwiches? It's weird that Homer putting up with Kirk completely distracted him from the kids and everything else. But inadvertatly taught him good sportsmanship at the same time.

So many of Springfield's dads go to strip clubs. No surprise.

"It's the Strip-a-copter! I mean, a helicopter I've never rented before."

Share Post

I like it how Louann had no idea why Kirk withdrew all their savings in singles.

Glitter recycling fee.  Hah !

Edited by ottoDbusdriver.

Share Post

Lots of great label gags tonight, like Red Rash Inn. Say what you will about the quality of the episodes, but their sign gag game has always been on point.

Share Post

I am kind of surprised that Homer doesn't go to a strip club. I would've bet that he does but was putting up an act to avoid spending time with Kurt but it turns out that he really doesn't go to strip clubs. Now, the other dads, that wasn't a surprise at all- hell Dr. Hubburt even knows about the strip helicopter.

Share Post

I think it goes all the way back to season 1. Princess Kashmir at the bachelor party was as far as he goes with strippers. And she actually was in the strip club tonight!

Share Post

34 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I think it goes all the way back to season 1. Princess Kashmir at the bachelor party was as far as he goes with strippers. And she actually was in the strip club tonight!

I missed that.  D'oh !!

Share Post

I like how all the strip clubs were located near the intersection of Airport Bypass Road and Storage Facility Blvd. -- because these places always seem to be located at out of the way locations near the airport.

Other strip club signs seen (in addition to Clubbb Sinnn) were:

• Krystal Spyce
  • Wet 'N' Girls
  • Champagne Explosion
  • Nude Elegance
  • Gyrationz -- Where Friction Comes Alive
  • Peelers Nude Girls
  • Intimate Frustrations
  • Not Hookers
  • Pole Cats
  • Saddy's -- credit card statement will say "Church Dues"
  • Taragon Ocelot
  • Juicy Wang -- Warning: Guy in Bathroom Does Not Work for Us

Homer: "Hey, I'm looking for my friend. Bald, middle-aged guy, sad, paunch, given up on life."
Bouncer at Clubbb Sinnn: "It's 10 in the morning.  Take your pick."

And @Galileo908, on 2nd viewing there was Princess Cashmere on the center stage. Nice catch !

When Homer sits down in the strip club, the wall of booze bottles behind him included:

• Absolut Krusty (in a Krusty's head-shaped bottle)
  • Absolut Pikl
  • Maker's Moe
  • Sad Grand-dad
  • Moe et Chandon (complete with a picture of Moe on the label) -- like Moet & Chandon champagne.
  • Grand Canyon Lager
  • Triple Sec
  • Quadruple Sec
  • O'Glums beer
  • Coal Mine Ale
  • Golden Gate Pilsener

And when Homer enters the Champagne Room, he's carrying a bottle of Utica's finest champagne.
In the Youtube video during credits, Kirk is drinking Swigger's Choice Kentucky bourbon.

Let's not forget the kid's stripper poles in the Clubbb Sinnn daycare center.

Share Post

10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Taragon Ocelot

That's some good "making you have to work hard to get a joke" there. 

Share Post

Thank you for posting the strip club signs and the names of the wall of bottles behind Homer's head! The only sign I clearly remember was the Juicy Wang's "Warning: guy in bathroom does not work for us" because it actually made me LOL. And don't forget the framed Strupo print behind Homer's head as he and Kurt are in their hotel room just before Kurt mentions Lap Aficionado.com. :-D

Poor Kurt. Even as the star athlete of his lacrosse team at Gudger College, he was still bald on top although to be fair the rest of his hair flowed long and true. 

Share Post