Captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock: Have invisible dog, will travel

As a little girl in the 80s (who was probably too young to be watching the "most violent show on TV") I loved Murdock. He was funny, goofy and his invisible pet dog was my invisible pet dog's best friend. As an adult re-watching the show... holy shit was Murdock broken. I don't want to say mentally ill, I don't think he was nor do I recall ever hearing a diagnosis other than "crazy" but he was certainly damaged by whatever happened to him in Vietnam. Sound of Thunder may be my favorite Murdock episode. I love the interaction between him and Face, protecting each other from the bad guys and from themselves. 

Dwight Schultz nailed it. 

Share Post

I loved Murdock too. My favorite episodes were Curtain Call and Bounty. I think he was like Monk someone who was a genius but mentally ill at the same time.

Share Post

One of the Starz channels is running an A-Team marathon through the weekend. I like all of the characters, but Dwight is brilliant. Do we know how much he ad-libbed? I can't believe that some of those things were written ... this morning, the team asked him to check out the air ducts for an escape, and up on the ladder Murdock began singing "Ceilings, Ceilings, nothing more than ceilings, I'm heading into ceiling above the... floor" to the tune of "Feelings." It made me laugh. 

Share Post