Leah Remini: Courageous or Foolhardy

OMG just when I think I can't love her more. And her family cracks me up!

Share Post

Very nice. I didn't end up watching the whole series (though I do cheer her on!) because the tone was a little too ... well, A&E docudrama. If they let her be herself a little more I'd be in for season 2.

Share Post

9 hours ago, kieyra said:

Very nice. I didn't end up watching the whole series (though I do cheer her on!) because the tone was a little too ... well, A&E docudrama. If they let her be herself a little more I'd be in for season 2.

I was riveted but I know what you are saying.  My hope for season 2 is a change in the tone.  Be strong and take action.  I don't want another season of victim tears.  I am not cold hearted, just give us a balance.  

Share Post

"She's a nasty, foul-mouthed individual."

"Well, that's true as fuck!"

HAHA. Leah is awesome. Thanks for sharing, Winterfalls.

Edited by Maelstrom.

Share Post

On 12/10/2016 at 1:27 AM, biakbiak said:

I think it more to do with his massive amount of cheating.

I just don't like Leah and while I am not saying she shouldn't speak out I found her annoying and that she doesn't actual acknowledge the shitty things she did when she was in the church.

Yikes...yea Fred is such a hunk!!

Share Post

On 7/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, wings707 said:

My hope for season 2 is a change in the tone. Be strong and take action. I don't want another season of victim tears. I am not cold hearted, just give us a balance.  

Apparently a different production company filmed a docuseries called Disconnection but A&E passed on it in favor of Aftermath. Some posters at Tony Ortega's site are whining for it to be aired, but honestly? As interested as I am in Scientology, I wouldn't watch another show about people in pain over losing their family members. It's enough, I get it.

Share Post

On 1/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, AuntTora said:

How does she...perform basic hygienic maintenance? If you know what I mean.

More than likely those are acrylic nails put on for the camera.  Just as she probably doesn't walk down the street with false eyelashes and ten tons of makeup on her face, she more than likely doesn't have the claws (and yes they are distracting) during her regular day.

Share Post

13 hours ago, smorbie said:

More than likely those are acrylic nails put on for the camera.  Just as she probably doesn't walk down the street with false eyelashes and ten tons of makeup on her face, she more than likely doesn't have the claws (and yes they are distracting) during her regular day.

i don't believe those nails go on and come off so easily. and i bet she does walk down the street with false eyelashes and tons of makeup. i like her a lot from what little i know, but i wish she would tone down the caked on makeup and talons. she is beautiful naturally. all that shit makes her look fake and trying too hard.

Share Post

I follow her on IG, and the talons were a thing with her for a while. Not sure if they still are; her recent IG pics do not feature her hands. 

Share Post

The nails aren't as bad as what she's done to her face. I don't watch Kevin James ' show but I watched the episodes she was on and her face actually made me sad. I don't know if the work was too fresh or what but she looked awful and her mouth didn't move very well.  I don't have social media so I don't follow her anywhere but here and her various shows so I don't know if she still looks the same or not.  

I hope that didn't sound too harsh and shallow. I really do like Leah, I always have and King of Queens is one of my favorite shows, it just made me sad that she felt she had to do that to her naturally beautiful face. 

Share Post

If the promo was a taste, I think this year they willshow her sense of humor a bit more.  She is quite a funny gal, and she seems have a light heart.  They were building the foundation last year.  It's kind of like building a house, you have to start by laying the foundation.  And the show is about the aftermath of Scientology.  

But, I don't think it's in her nature just to be a storyteller.  She is a person of action and from the beginning she said she wanted to do something, not just talk about it.  I think we'll see some of that this year.  It does look like with all the disgruntled and disassociated Scientologists out there, something could be done.

I'm not in favor of the government doing something big, but I do think they could make the church justify its tax status.

I'm leary of having the government interfere with religious beliefs because that's a dangerous path, but there are children involved in this.  I think they could look into that easily.

It looks like she's toned the nails down this year.  They look better in the promos.

As for her appearance, she's a Jersey girl in her heart.  She's always got to look overly done.  But, she is a pretty woman and I wish she would let it alone.

The promo was funny.  She's funny.  I've got to give the Kevin James show a look now that I know she's on it.

Share Post

After last night's special, it's obvious that Leah is kicking ass and taking names this season.  Go Leah!!!

Share Post

41 minutes ago, toodles said:

After last night's special, it's obvious that Leah is kicking ass and taking names this season.  Go Leah!!!

Whaaat ?!? There was something on last night ?!? And I didn't knew it ?!? :'( 

Share Post

1 hour ago, toodles said:

what was on? how did we miss a special? damn.

Share Post

It was the two "extra" episodes that aired at the end of the season (Australian journalist, Rolling Stone journalist, the moony cult expert, etc) combined into a two hour special. I don't think they added any additional information, but they did show the trailers for next season extensively.

Share Post

The listing said S1/Ep1, New, enhanced episode, we decided to check to see if any of it was new, and low and behold, it was new.

Share Post

My DVR picked it up as new, and also there's something else on tonight that it has flagged as new. 

Share Post

@AZChristian I can't delete the tag. Please ignore.

There's a 7 minute preview tonight from 8:54-9:01. DVR picked it up.

Edited by Sew Sumi.

Share Post

On 8/5/2017 at 5:20 AM, smorbie said:
On 1/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, AuntTora said:

How does she...perform basic hygienic maintenance? If you know what I mean.

I used to wear my nails like that - they would not come off for the camera.  You learn how to hold everything differently - using the sides of your fingers.  If you break a nail it is actually really painful to your fingertips when you touch things :)

Share Post

I am not saying she shouldn't speak out I found her annoying and that she doesn't actual acknowledge the shitty things she did when she was in the church.

I don't agree with the bolded at all. I think she has acknowledged the things she did in terms of promoting the cult and so forth. As for the rest, I think it's important to remember that she was brainwashed. She believed in everything this cult told her since she was a young kid.

I am looking forward to season 2 - kick butt Leah and Mike!!

Share Post

I think it's important to remember that this isn't a confessional.  The things she and Rindahh did are between them and God.  If they hurt anyone, they should apologize to that person.  It seems from what we've seen that Rindah, certainly, has done that.  I doubt any of the people Leah hurt are still talking to her.

I think they view doing this show as an act of contrition and atonement. 

Share Post

Question on Leah. Was her husband already a member of CO$? Or did she bring him into the fold?

Was he a very devote member?  

I am just curious as to how she was able to pull him (and her mother and sibling(s) away from the church and Mike was unable to do this with his wife and kids.

Share Post

Leah's mom explained on the show this week and before that by the point Leah left, she (mom) was just in it for her relationship with her daughters.  When Leah left, she was happy to leave as well.  

Imagine spending 500,000 dollars for someone to tell you you are who you are.  I would have leapt over the desk and just started throttling people.

Share Post

I'd imagine that Leah was bankrolling the entire family when it comes to Scientology auditing sessions/classes, so when she left their relationship with Scientology would have changed significantly regardless if they left or not.  It was probably easier for Leah to take her family with her than Mike.  

Share Post

On 9/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, greekmom said:

Question on Leah. Was her husband already a member of CO$? Or did she bring him into the fold?

Was he a very devote member?  

I am just curious as to how she was able to pull him (and her mother and sibling(s) away from the church and Mike was unable to do this with his wife and kids.

She talks about this in her biography. She was having an affair with him, Angelo, and got him to take a class. She then confessed about her affair to an auditor, and the auditor had her break off the affair and told Angelo to attend marriage counseling with his wife through the church. Sometime later, he and his wife divorced and he reconnected with Leah.

He wasn't as deep into it as she was, so when she left he did too.

Share Post

On 8/7/2017 at 12:44 AM, Maharincess said:

The nails aren't as bad as what she's done to her face. I don't watch Kevin James ' show but I watched the episodes she was on and her face actually made me sad. I don't know if the work was too fresh or what but she looked awful and her mouth didn't move very well.  I don't have social media so I don't follow her anywhere but here and her various shows so I don't know if she still looks the same or not.  

I hope that didn't sound too harsh and shallow. I really do like Leah, I always have and King of Queens is one of my favorite shows, it just made me sad that she felt she had to do that to her naturally beautiful face. 

Just binge-watched the two seasons in the past few days...Agreed on the face - the way she  lines her lips into an oval when her upper lip has a nice Cupid's bow makes her look like a blow-up doll.  I've really found the show fascinating, but keep getting distracted by the way her face never seems to move. 

Also, hardly anyone on the show ever seems to shed an actual tear despite the amount of sobbing and tissue-dabbing we see. I'm not doubting the truth of the stories, but so many of the breakdowns seem scripted, and the cast is comprised of people with no acting chops. It always takes me into a place where I begin questioning how much exaggeration there might be, and I hate that it makes me react that way since Scientology is obviously a horrible organization and it shouldn't take overplayed and underacted to try to give the stories more  impact.

Share Post