S01.E06: Final Crossing 2016.10.18

After weeks battling the Pacific Ocean, Oregon's crab fleet nears the finish line. Captain Mike Rutherford Jr., with his son on board, faces a deadly bar crossing.

Share Post

Nice ending episode. That deckhand is lucky he didn't lose his arm. Actually, I wonder how long he's worked for Ripka Sr. (Unless they're related and I totally missed it), because I honestly don't know how he gets away with talking to the captain like he does. He sounds like whiney teenager when he talks to Kenny's dad, and I find it very enternaining. I just don't understand how Ripka Sr. lets it fly (he doesn't really seem to mind??), because he'd probably get booted off the boat if he was working for one of the Alaskan captains and was acting that way.

Then again, Ripka Sr. kind of deserves the attitude because he's not nice.

Share Post

I liked this show for all the reasons I used to like the original.

Edited by thewhiteowl.

Share Post

I do like the show, and especially the insight into the families and what they go through, but gosh, it seems like there's so much 'filler'.

And edited to add:  Why the heck did none of the crew, including Ashston not have a life vest on when they were doing that dangerous crossing of the bar?  Notice that the guy who was filming had his on.  Just stupid IMO.

Edited by breezy424.

Share Post

Has the show been renewed?

Edited by Kona.

Share Post

15 hours ago, Kona said:

I haven't heard anything yet. Will post it when I do.

Share Post