All Episodes Talk: Crime And Punishment

14 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Watching “The Other Side of Paradise” last night, I felt like that poor father aged 100 years in the 10 that it took to bring her killer to justice. 

Same. I was worried for a time that the episode would end with news of yet another setback and we'd find out afterward that he'd passed away from his health issues just after filming or something. 

He's one hell of a tough, dedicated man. I'm so glad he was able to finally see some level of justice in the end. I hope he can find some peace and comfort at long last going forward. 

Share Post

Also, another example of a parent killing the other parent and alienating the children. So sad to see those sons.  The killer really looked smug at the courtroom table. 

Share Post

I felt so sorry for the dad because he was trying to steer his daughter to go to college and become self sufficient. So sad that she chose to marry and become a mother so young. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it appeared that she gave up those years, and then after a few short years of marriage was trying to get that carefree life back, though now was a mother of two young children. Her taste in men was terrible, from a cheating husband, to a drug dealer. Not that I think she knew he was a dealer, but as my hubby said, did she really think he was taking her on shopping sprees and buying her designer luggage on a cook's salary? The daughter was a classic case of how not to life your life, IMO. Not victim blaming, just the way I see it. 

Share Post

Oh, Dateline, that was really sweet Father's Day story.   I got misty at the reunion between the dad and his Vietnamese daughter.

Share Post