S06.E03: Two-Faced 2016.10.16

Four remaining teams made up of an expert pumpkin carver, cake decorator and sugar artist go to battle to create mind-blowing Halloween-themed displays that capture the horror of a two-faced monster.

Carlson Young, actress from MTV's Scream, joins the judging panel to help decide which team will be eliminated and which will move on to the final battle.

Share Post

I liked the Evil baker the best and thought the details were great. The grandmother story was Ok and the grandmother looked scary, but the other details, especially the sugar, didn't look that good. I think the right team went home. The two faced witch probably fit the challenge the best, but the faces didn't look good. They just don't have a great pumpkin carver on their team. 

Share Post

I wanted the Underbakers to go just because I loathe their sugar artist. I feel like she's the issue with the team. 

Share Post

6 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I wanted the Underbakers to go just because I loathe their sugar artist. I feel like she's the issue with the team. 

God yes.  Also their cake artist's accent hurts my teeth.

And they didn't even fit the theme!  Although that other team did have wonky runny faces, at least it matched what the judges wanted.  And I want that gingerbread cookie.

The Underbakers are not going to be top two so she can forget that.

Share Post

I can see why the losing team went home. Although I liked the idea they had, the faces on their sculpture were really bad.  In fact, I thought the "good" side looked more evil than the bad side.  The boy was just creepy.  

I'm not a fan of the Undertakers, but their work has improved.  The ice cream man was pretty good.  Plus, they seemed to work better this week.

The person I don't care for is the blond lady. She just rubs me the wrong way.

Share Post

I thought the losing team deserved to go too.  The faces were bad and I agree with the judges, they weren't going to get any better in this competition.   Plus, I thought their theme was a bit too literal.   OTOH, I thought the other two non-winning teams weren't very successful in the theme.  They were both someone who's supposed to be good (famous chef / ice cream man) who's really a creeper but it was a bit of a stretch to the theme.  Still, I would have given thhe win to the Chef piece.  I thought everything on it was done well.

Share Post

Count me in as someone who thought the wrong team went home. The losing team at least had some great details on their work and it fit the theme. And the way the poor girl made umpteen bicycles? That's perseverance. The ice cream/brain guy was way too simple and not nearly as detailed.

I hate the drama of the Underbakers, they don't do well at all - should be gone by now.

Edited by CherZ.

Share Post

Underbakers' sugar artist seems to be the real problem.  She riles up the insecure pumpkin-carver and the anxiety-ridden cake artist too much.  Those two would perform better without her attitude. The best part of the Underbakers' small scare design was that carved pumpkin/victim face, but the way they positioned it and colored it, it just about disappeared into the floor. 

"Not So Dandy" does not equal "Scary."  That lion was just silly and I agree with the judge who said it looked like a dog.

Share Post