Ryan's Wedding Special

23 hours ago, dleighg said:

was anyone else surprised that Emilia wore a strapless dress at an orthodox wedding? I would have thought covered shoulders would be required, but I am no expert. 

It likely depends on the strictness of the parish priest, as I've been to many Greek Orthodox weddings here in the states and overseas and probably every bride I have seen has been in a strapless gown.  

Share Post

Interesting; I guess I was basing it on Catholic churches in Italy (I know it's different) where you can't walk in with your knees or shoulders showing. And I'm old enough to remember brides and bridesmaids even in Protestant churches having little "capelets" to cover their shoulders for the ceremony which they took off for the reception. I guess that really dates me! 

Share Post

On 10/15/2016 at 3:54 PM, UMAngela said:

It likely depends on the strictness of the parish priest, as I've been to many Greek Orthodox weddings here in the states and overseas and probably every bride I have seen has been in a strapless gown.  

A little off topic but are strapless gowns becoming passé and too common and safe? 

It seems all the fashionistas and society ingenues I have seen go for sleeves (even if they're sheer or short) or even a vintage suit

Share Post

On 10/8/2016 at 6:26 PM, Mlle. Kitty said:

I'm wondering when/why the decision was made to turn this into a four-part series instead of three, not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

I think the ratings were better than expected so they stretched it out.  Ryan posted the other day that the final episode in the special got 1.4 mil viewers, which puts it in league with the ratings of a regular MDLNY episode.  I hope this does not mean more of a focus on the Ryan/Emilia relationship for season 6.

Share Post

Emilia is the oldest looking 31. Why do people insist on needless surgery and fillers at that young an age? It makes you look decades older.

And why did Bravo play Italian music (tarantella) in the scene where they arrived in Greece?

Share Post

Just binge-watched this mini-series and gave two comments:

1) Fuck Kevin Lee, I could have done a better job!

and

2) I LOVE Luis! My God what a happy spirit he is!

Share Post

5 hours ago, lgprimes said:

2) I LOVE Luis! My God what a happy spirit he is!

I like Luis, too, but I'm afraid in reality he may be quite unhappy in himself. That downside of that kind of boundless enthusiasm, optimism, and energy can be shattering lows. I hope he has found some peace and has far fewer reasons for tears.

Share Post

On November 5, 2016 at 2:24 AM, lordonia said:

I like Luis, too, but I'm afraid in reality he may be quite unhappy in himself. That downside of that kind of boundless enthusiasm, optimism, and energy can be shattering lows. I hope he has found some peace and has far fewer reasons for tears.

I understand the fear that he is a bit manic, and perhaps his claims of happiness are a case of "protesting too much". He seems very open with his emotions, and hopefully he loves and accepts himself, because he does show so much love to others.

Share Post