Season 4 Discussion

5 hours ago, MissT said:

I don't think it's a very good look for her.  It's not the hair so much as the outfit she's wearing.    

Yeah, not a good look at all.

Share Post

I think she looks pretty good, especially the hair.  I'd like to see more photos.

Now, her house......man....she just can't stand much of what we consider southern.  That's what I get from her home featured upthread.. I was born and raised in NC and her house is as close to what is NOT southern as you can get.  And she calls it a farmhouse.....lol..Okay.  To me, it's more of a NYC loft feel.   Still, I hope she enjoys it. 

Share Post

I just saw Vivian doing a commercial for Duke's Mayo. Her hair looked good! Shorter and lighter.

Share Post

@Pickles  I went looking for the commercial and she does look great. While looking I came across this, an older interview, and she looks fabulous. I can't seem to find a whole ad, just bits and pieces so I didn't link to it. Below is the interview where she is so beautiful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHsv0Xt-bbI

I think Duke's is the Hellman's of the south. I use both and I hope she gets more and more opportunities to make money. I wish someone would snap her up and put her front and center in a show somewhere. I think for her to be happy it would have to be artsy-ish, but there is a market for her somewhere. 

Share Post

On 4/24/2017 at 7:22 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think she looks pretty good, especially the hair.  I'd like to see more photos.

Now, her house......man....she just can't stand much of what we consider southern.  That's what I get from her home featured upthread.. I was born and raised in NC and her house is as close to what is NOT southern as you can get.  And she calls it a farmhouse.....lol..Okay.  To me, it's more of a NYC loft feel.   Still, I hope she enjoys it. 

I agree. And because it's such a different style than anything you'll generally see in NC, it's kind of an eyesore. Maybe if it wasn't so close to her parents' home that has a more typical Southern style, it would be okay.

I think maybe it's because she had previously tried to distance herself from NC and being Southern. She says it herself in the show's intro that she left NC and swore to never return. As of now, her Southern roots and cooking have made her good money and a decent amount of fame, so she's okay with it up to that point, but she's still trying to hold herself away from fully reintegrating herself.  

Edited by Automne.

Share Post

I checked out her cookbook from my library. It weighs 5 lbs easy. Its huge.

Share Post

Did anyone see Vivian on CBS Sunday Morning today?  She did a piece on pot liquor.  (In the south, that's what we call the broth from cooking collard greens with ham bone.) She thinks it will replace the bone marrow craze.   I must say that she has NEVER looked lovelier.  OMG.  She has done something.  She's gorgeous. Hair, make up, complexion, just perfect. 

I was surprised to read below that she has a new Pizza place in Wilmington, NC.  I would look forward to checking it out  the next time that I'm in Wilmington, but, I'm not a pizza fan.  Odd choice, imo.  Pizza at the beach.....oh well.  Maybe there are already too many good sea food/fish places. 

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/01/05/chef-vivian-howard-to-be-on-cbs-sunday-morning/

Share Post

On 1/7/2018 at 11:43 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Pizza place in Wilmington, NC.  I would look forward to checking it out  the next time that I'm in Wilmington, but, I'm not a pizza fan.  Odd choice, imo.  Pizza at the beach.....oh well.  Maybe there are already too many good sea food/fish places. 

Willmington is pretty big so I imagine it cant support it. It's more than just a pizzeria its sort of a take on the old school Italian-American joint. I wonder if it was Ben's ideagiven the name.

Share Post

Yeah, pizza seems to be a real safe standby, so, i guess it's a good choice. 

Share Post

I just watched this for the second time in maybe three years. I was reminded as to why I hadn't added the show to my "watch list".  To me she is smug, condescending, egotistical, and selfish.  Apologies to those who appreciate her.

Edited by Brookside.

Share Post

I enjoy her show. I even bought her cookbook. It's massive! She's done a world of good for Kinston, NC.

Share Post

On 3/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, Brookside said:

I just watched this for the second time in maybe three years. I was reminded as to why I hadn't added the show to my "watch list".  To me she is smug, condescending, egotistical, and selfish.  Apologies to those who appreciate her.

My husband quit watching it with me after that episode where she made such a big deal about servers quitting and how "they just don't know what a great opportunity this is" comment....not every server/waitress gives two poops who you are lady, its called a job. 

Share Post

Vivian did a Duke's Mayo commercial. I saw it once a couple weeks ago. It is odd because Duke's seems to be showing an ad a lot lately, just not the one I saw with Vivian. I will catch the first part and keep watching to see if she shows up but nope. 

Share Post