The Tick in the Media

Based on the recent interview in Entertainment Weekly, I suspect that this is not the Tick reboot for which I was hoping.  I don't want a dark, pensive, Dark Knight-like version centered around Arthur.  I enjoyed the animated version because it was absurd and funny and exceedingly clever.  I may still watch at least the first episode, but my anticipation level has definitely lowered.

Share Post

23 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Based on the recent interview in Entertainment Weekly, I suspect that this is not the Tick reboot for which I was hoping.  I don't want a dark, pensive, Dark Knight-like version centered around Arthur.  I enjoyed the animated version because it was absurd and funny and exceedingly clever.  I may still watch at least the first episode, but my anticipation level has definitely lowered.

I also felt it was a little too dark but the first episode was his origin story and as with most superheros they have tragic beginnings so having it here fits and it was so over the top it was funny in a sad sort of way. Judging by the first episode i think it will be for the most part absurd and funny and exceedingly clever like you said. I just hope for less sadness (some darkness could make it good in my opinion but not too much). Im hoping the interview is just to get people to try it and once they do im sure they will love the tick as much as i did the animated series as a kid.

Share Post