Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Show Conversation

6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:my husband and i hiked Mt Diablo in August near Oakland and we were shocked by how dry everything was... sometimes i think it'd be nice to know it's going to be hot and dry every day so you could plan stuff but I'd rather have rain and less chance of these fires :( 

Now you know why Southern Californians get so excited when it rains.  I also love rain so get a bit giddy whenever we get some. We used to get more but that was 20 years ago. ?

Share Post

10 hours ago, go4luca said:

Now you know why Southern Californians get so excited when it rains.  I also love rain so get a bit giddy whenever we get some. We used to get more but that was 20 years ago. ?

i wish i could send you some of ours! where i live is actually one of the rainiest in the US (after Seattle lol).  Everything sure is green. 

Share Post

Same, @LaurenBrook.  There's a drainage basin behind where I live, and right now after getting soooo much rain lately the geese are using it as a lake.

Share Post

I watched this really interesting documentary that followed people auditioning for Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco show.  Now there is one grueling audition!  Plus, I had no idea, there are many who make it who aren't even guaranteed to perform, they'll be on the list to be called when an opening comes available.  For the one guy they follow, it's the 9th year he's auditioning...he was my version of Brennan :)

Share Post

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I watched this really interesting documentary that followed people auditioning for Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco show.  Now there is one grueling audition!  Plus, I had no idea, there are many who make it who aren't even guaranteed to perform, they'll be on the list to be called when an opening comes available.  For the one guy they follow, it's the 9th year he's auditioning...he was my version of Brennan :)

The guy who runs it is a bit of tyrant. And an asshole. I worked on a movie they made years ago and it was almost impossible to do press for the film. The performers cannot speak to press out of costume and make-up and even then, the head guy wants to do all the talking. But he was so rude and demanding the stupidest things, things we could not guarantee or were out of our control, that we had limited press coverage because of it. It has turned me off to Cirque du Soleil ever since.

Edited by PBSLover.

Share Post

Wow, @PBSLover, that's terrible!  But I do have to give it to the athletes who perform in the shows, the things they do are beyond amazing.

Share Post

I really liked that episode about Cirque du Soleil.  I referenced this very episode a while back in reference to a Kelli-ism about how it's nearly impossible to make the DCC because the odds are so slim.  Both the DCC and Cirque audition hundreds at any given time.  With the DCC, there are quite a few GUARANTEED spots open every year which means there is a guaranteed job at the end of the training while Cirque only promises you a chance, a possibility.  Frankly, it's harder to be a dancer for Cirque than it is a DCC, no matter what Kelli says.

Share Post

16 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wow, @PBSLover, that's terrible!  But I do have to give it to the athletes who perform in the shows, the things they do are beyond amazing.

I know.  I saw the sexiest bike rider EVER at my first show!  Like DAMN!

Share Post

Watching the Cowboys/Falcons game. The Cowboys look good. It took them too long to get it together this season, but I’m thinking next year they could do well. Better than the 8-8 they’ve been doing these past few seasons. They are about to go into overtime maybe but anyway, team is looking better than they have been. So many new young guys I don’t recognize anyone on the team any longer...not much anyway.

Share Post

17 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Watching the Cowboys/Falcons game. The Cowboys look good. It took them too long to get it together this season, but I’m thinking next year they could do well. Better than the 8-8 they’ve been doing these past few seasons. They are about to go into overtime maybe but anyway, team is looking better than they have been. So many new young guys I don’t recognize anyone on the team any longer...not much anyway.

My bf played football in high school with someone who is on the Cowboys now, I forgot his name now but I thought it was really cool

Share Post

These guys take off their helmets on the sidelines and I think, I have no idea who that is. Jeff Heath, Cole B, Dak, Ezekiel, Sean Lee, Randy Gregory, Demarcus Lawrence, Terrence Williams, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and the new guy Amari Cooper. That’s it. That’s all I know. I used to know them all.

Share Post